Game Day Preseason: Dallas Cowboys at Denver Broncos Postgame

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tyler smith cant play tackle in the nfl right now

If something were to happen to Tyron, I think he'd be on a quick learning curve. However, if Tyron were to leave during a game, I think the plan would be to move Steele over to LT, kick Martin to RT and put McGovern in at RG. It would be asking a lot of Tyler without any LT prep to kick out there during games. But we did draft him with that in mind based on the front office's comments right after we drafted him.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hot seat after a preseason game. :muttley:

You really are a bit over eager to post your agendas. At least wait until a loss that actually counts.
Hey, this game might've been pretty important to Jerry... If he ran out of Jimmy Walker in the first quarter.

Dre11

Reaction score
For the preseason bs backups with backups cowboys made improvements in two areas from last season, running the ball and stopping the run. DL was physical and OL was pretty good in run game.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He looked good and bad. He had snaps where he absolutely dominated his man, but then he gave that sack. There was enough good for me to think he can improve enough before the real games start to where he cam be a plus starter this year

At least the sack was because of a mistake on his part rather than being overpowered or beat by speed. I didn't see any actual problems from him with blocking, other than being called for the two holds that I'm not sure were holds.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Hey, this game might've been pretty important to Jerry... If he ran out of Jimmy Walker in the first quarter.

Jerry never runs out of Johnny, which makes Jimmy say...

8k1D.gif

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If something were to happen to Tyron, I think he'd be on a quick learning curve. However, if Tyron were to leave during a game, I think the plan would be to move Steele over to LT, kick Martin to RT and put McGovern in at RG. It would be asking a lot of Tyler without any LT prep to kick out there during games. But we did draft him with that in mind based on the front office's comments right after we drafted him.
They need to let him focus on left guard.
It's a big jump to the NFL.

triplets_93

Reaction score
DENVER -- — Journeyman Josh Johnson threw a pair of first-half touchdowns and the Denver Broncos beat the penalty-prone Dallas Cowboys 17-7 on a starless Saturday night that featured a steady rain for much of the second half.

Johnson, who's 36 years old and playing for his 14th NFL team, was signed in the offseason to compete with Brett Rypien for the job backing up new Broncos starter Russell Wilson.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/recap/_/gameId/401438174

The Broncos scored on their last three possessions of the half behind Russell Wilson’s backup Josh Johnson. The Cowboys made the journeyman, who’s had stints in the spring leagues like the XFL and AAF, look every bit the Super Bowl-winner Wilson is.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news...ack-preseason-opener-trevon-diggs-final-rumor

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
This is not something that can continue to be ignored.

Part of the job of a head coach is to work the referees.

I guess he was used to not having to deal with this handicap in Green Bay, but now it is real.

It just shows he doesn't give a rats ***....and it shows up on the product on the field. No accountability. It's his job to make people accountable....and he's done a lousy job since walking through the door. He got a pass in 2020....2021....we saw the same trash. It's not improving....It's getting worse.

TheCritic

Reaction score
No chicken little from me tonight. Saw what I needed to see. Tyler Smith good game and now we will be able to run the ball for a change. The other stuff is totally fixable.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It just shows he doesn't give a rats ***....and it shows up on the product on the field. No accountability. It's his job to make people accountable....and he's done a lousy job since walking through the door. He got a pass in 2020....2021....we saw the same trash. It's not improving....It's getting worse.
I have missed you Floaty.

Good to see you are out and about.