Game Day Preseason: Dallas Cowboys at Denver Broncos Postgame

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Well that was expected, starting out just where we left off unfortunately..pre season or not,we look terrible.

Got that right. And before anybody tries to make excuses like "well, we played backups", so did the Broncos. But Dallas looked like a Pee Wee team playing a high school team...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
17 penalties for 129 yards. That alone is more than a little disheartening.

What makes it worse is that so many were purely due to the players, like absolutely terrible pass defense, the DBs are supposed to be NFL-level, and they got beat like the proverbial red headed stepchild. That was one on one play, and they couldn't handle the Bronco's backups....

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
love those 2 young te's...ferguson and hendershot.
tolbert needs to finish.
i want to see more of dennis houston.
dt neville gallimore looks in form.
don't know why our de's struggle with lining up properly...but dang is sam williams quick.
i like that kid from harvard...aaron shampklin.
like the aggressiveness from the db's.
defense looks quicker to me.
on to the next.
give'm hell mike.
I love your optimistic outlook and a person can feel your excitement in your posts.

I don't share your optimism, but I'm not a negative person either.

I hope someday soon your cheery outlook for us pays off, have a great Sunday!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Didn't see the game, but based on the post--game comments, we're doomed.

Quoting that great American philosopher, Allan Iverson, "we're talking about practice" or, in our case, preseason.

I think we'll survive.

Western

Reaction score
New year, same.
Nothing has changed since Jimmy's culture/imprint left that organization in 1994.

Jerry's enabling poisonous culture of bad contracts, favorite players, & his open-door policy for players, combined with his constant personal obsession with media attention has created this country club mentality.
Jerry undermines, emasculates, & neuters the authority of the head coach -- as such, no chain of authority, personal accountability for individual players, respect for the head coach, or an emphasis on personal sacrifice/duty for the greater good of the team is established on the roster.
No quality head coach will want to work with Jerry -- you either get puppets, or semi-retired coaches.

Last edited by a moderator:

fishspill

Reaction score
It’s been 26 years since the last conference title game. The GM hasn’t changed, lads. What does one preseason game matter against that bulk of data?

triplets_93

Reaction score
It’s been 26 years since the last conference title game. The GM hasn’t changed, lads. What does one preseason game matter against that bulk of data?
Jerry: "Come to our games... We've got Cheerleaders and BIG screens to watch them on."

Wichitaleafs

Reaction score
I hate preseason games. As long as no one gets hurt, on either team, it's a success.

Big_D

Reaction score

Jerry's body of work has been pretty horrendous! It's certainly not a confidence booster! Who cares that the GM is some 80 year old quack who will never let go? This is their year! :cool:

Aven8

Reaction score
I only watched the first half but it was ugly. The holding calls on Smith were bologna. I’m sorry but that wasn’t holding.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My plusses

Sampklin
DiNucci
Gallimore
Mike Davis
Malik Jefferson

minuses
Ball
Taylor-Stewart
Fowler (for the unsportsmanlike at the goalline)
Tolbert (needed to show more against 3rd stringers)
McCarthy for the 17 penalties
Stephen for allowing the offensive backups at WR and OL to be so bad

Stephen controls personnel.

Snicker.

Desperado

Reaction score
We had 5 more penalties.
The average # of penalties per team so far in preseason is about 6-8 (I didn't do the math). We had the most at 17 (after leading the league last year). There were a couple of teams with 11-12. There were a few with 2-3.

75boyz

Reaction score
New year, same.
Nothing has changed since Jimmy's culture/imprint left that organization in 1994.

Jerry's enabling poisonous culture of bad contracts, favorite players, & his open-door policy for players, combined with his constant personal obsession with media attention has created this country club mentality.
Jerry undermines, emasculates, & neuters the authority of the head coach -- as such, no chain of authority, personal accountability for individual players, respect for the head coach, or an emphasis on personal sacrifice/duty for the greater good of the team is established on the roster.
No quality head coach will want to work with Jerry -- you either get puppets, or semi-retired coaches.

Excellent summary.

Dre11

Reaction score
The average # of penalties per team so far in preseason is about 6-8 (I didn't do the math). We had the most at 17 (after leading the league last year). There were a couple of teams with 11-12. There were a few with 2-3.

My point still stands. Yes we got a lot. But so did one of the most disciplined teams.