Game Day Preseason Game Cowboys vs Seahawks 2nd half thread

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
:16 left Time out.

Showers on the run pass is caught near the 40.

phildadon86

Reaction score
My guess is what we saw from the starting D. They are as bad as the offense is good (and the offense is really really good)
The defense didnt look that bad. The starters at least. The 2s maybe. Were you watching the same game?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Their punter is just killing the ball tonight.

Dax hopefullly learned a lesson....you can't stop

kevm3

Reaction score
We need to keep Showers.

What I saw from this game? Dak didn't look how he did the other two games, but that's not surprising. This was pretty much a 'dress rehearsal' game and he played against one of the most formidable defenses in the league without Dez Bryant. Elliott looks like the real deal. Excellent blocking and tough running from him. If not for that phantom penalty on Free, Dak would potentially have had 2 tds. This could potentially go down as the best draft in the past decade and a half, especially if Jaylon Smith can get back on the field and play up to his potential.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
We need to keep Showers.

What I saw from this game? Dak didn't look how he did the other two games, but that's not surprising. This was pretty much a 'dress rehearsal' game and he played against one of the most formidable defenses in the league without Dez Bryant. Elliott looks like the real deal. Excellent blocking and tough running from him. If not for that phantom penalty on Free, Dak would potentially have had 2 tds. This could potentially go down as the best draft in the past decade and a half, especially if Jaylon Smith can get back on the field and play up to his potential.

Agreed about Showers, the kid has an arm and seems to know what he's doing out there.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
The defense didnt look that bad. The starters at least. The 2s maybe. Were you watching the same game?

Yeah I saw zero pass rush, and two corners who will be completely out of their league when the season starts. If this defense is inspiring any sort of confidence in you I'm not sure where it's coming from.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Dak 17 of 23 for 116 yds. If Williams catches the bomb it's 18 of 23 for about 166. Had a TD pass. Looked good.

As bad as Romo's injury looked, I think he will be fine. Just got his spine compressed a little....more likely scared for a second.

Offense looked like a pro offense when we had all other starters in except Dez. I feel much better about the backup QB situation than I ever thought I would. Zeke looked electric.

Chaz looked ok tonight, Swaim did decently, Morris was solid. OL was excellent with starters.

Defense hard to judge. We did very little blitzing and when we did it was just a simple corner blitz. At first look I don't think we did much in the way of stunts or twists. Sean Lee was pulled pretty quickly and was missed badly. Russell got initial penetration several times or got edge but then just never finished....he was made to look foolish on several occasions. When season starts, I think we are going to see a lot of A gap blitzes because the interior lineman can get pressure...our DE's are going to get chances to win one on one matchups. There really wasn't much to get excited about from any of our defenders, especially the second and later guys.