Pretty crazy season thus far inside the NFC Conference!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Those praising Dan Quinn and wishing he was here now as HC will regret that sentiment by the end of the season.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Eagles, Cowboys, Rams, 49ers all have major injuries and have underperformed
The NFC South looks like a real completive 3 Team race
Vikings are 4-0 with Sam Darnold and they have 3 big wins against top teams

This is what the NFL wanted, parody around the league, nobody knows anything at this point, even how the Cowboys will finish!
Was saying it in a earlier thread. I've never seen this many star players injured. The better teams are losing and you got Sam Darnold, and Baker crushing it. This season is wild.

CWR

Reaction score
Those praising Dan Quinn and wishing he was here now as HC will regret that sentiment by the end of the season.
That's what people forget. He was great 90% of the time.

He was just that terrible the other 10% that you couldn't stay with him. Ask Falcon fans, they know better than anyone.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
The injuries thing is weird but there's always some oddities early on.

Sam Darnold himself had a run with the Panthers early in 2021. SF lost three straight in October last year. The Steelers are fraudulent every year before fading.

You never really know anything until November.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
washington is looking better each week, and now leads the division !
Sure glad jones boys didnt make quinn HC here!
It’s not Quinn it’s their rookie QB who’s lighting it up. Daniels has Washington 5th in offense. However, their defense is ranked behind the Cowboys at 27.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Was saying it in a earlier thread. I've never seen this many star players injured. The better teams are losing and you got Sam Darnold, and Baker crushing it. This season is wild.
Early season is all about stacking up wins. Teams can fall behind quickly, they have to survive the injury bug.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
This is exactly why you sign quality FAs to address critical areas of weakness so that if this sort of season rolls around you can capitalize with a deep playoff run and possibly SB
Unfortunately we have no shot
I agree with spending in fa, but the draft is where you find your depth. Free Agency is more for front line starters then backups.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I don't see the ingredients for that in Dallas.
I lived in NYC and saw the Giants do it twice. There were very inconsistent, but found a winning formula in the postseason. The year the Packers won the bowl, they barely made the playoffs and needed a ton of luck before their run.

erod

Reaction score
Glad for Darnold.

Seems like a good dude.
Mostly, he's just a young guy who was the victim of circumstance. Jets, Panthers, then backup with the 49ers. Tough for any quarterback to succeed there.

Look at him and Mayfield now that they have legitimate offense personnel to work with.

What would Brock Purdy done with the Jets or Carolina?

(I don't think Bryce Young will be good anywhere.)

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I was at the Bucs-Eagles yesterday, thanks to a friend that had an extra ticket. Nothing like driving 2 1/2 hours to be in a stadium with the sun blazing all day. Temp on the field was 105 degrees. There was no relief from the Florida sun. At least I'm used to it. Anyway...

Eagles with Lane Johnson: 73-38-1
Eagles without Lane Johnson: 11-23

Crazy stat!

Combine a talent-laden roster with the dumbest head coach in the league, an OC that goes full ****** sometimes, a QB that holds onto the ball like it's the One Ring, and you have the Philadelphia Eagles. Kellan Moore give Saquan Barkley 10 carries the entire game. Genius game plan. The Eagles o-line was wearing on the Bucs D in the second half. Looked like a comeback in the making--until Kellen Moore play calling kicked into ****** mode. Hurts missed throws all game. Sprinkle in a rare bad drop by Goedart early on, and Hurts decides to play hero ball. Sacked six times, but really only two the fault of the o-line. One came from the right side usually manned by Lane Johnson, not the Johnson that was out there yesterday, and the other by Vita Vea, reminding Can Jurgens that while he is good, he's not Jason Kelce yet. Vea outright murdered him on that play. Never have I seen a QB with so much time in the pocket do so little with that time. Fellow Cowboy fans: some of you may not like Dak, but be happy you don't have Hurts, or shall I say Wentz 2.0. Actually, than might not be fair to Wentz, because Wentz does have an arm and can rocket that ball anywhere on the field. He just becomes brain dead during games. I'm hoping Andy Reid doesn't fix him and send him back to Philly.

The Eagles aren't going anywhere with Nick Sirianni as head coach. I have little doubt that Roseman has planned Sirianni's exit already.
Hurts has a no trade clause in his contract. He’s going nowhere. Sirianni will probably be let go mid-season if for no other reason than send a message to a very well paid roster. They’re not performing well. And Wentz is being paid $3.5 million to be in the easiest QB2 spot in the NFL. He’ll probably re-sign with KC for half that much for next season. He’s living his best life.