Previewing Tampa Bay: Strengths, Weaknesses and How we can win

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this is a bad match up for the cowboys no way brady lets tampa lose this game it wont be close the cowboys will lose by at least 10

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dandy that’s a great point about coaching. Bruce Arians is a great motivator and I was amazed that the Bucs GM Jason Licht was able to keep all 22 starters from last yrs SB winners. Too many talk about Brady being the only reason they won it last year but Licht has built a great roster on both sides of the ball.
yeah tom was a key ingredient, but other things factored in to their SB run.
They have a good GM, maybe the best DC, and best OC, a capable HC, and talent on both sides of the ball.
It was a org/coaching/players effort that made it all happen.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
this is a bad match up for the cowboys no way brady lets tampa lose this game it wont be close the cowboys will lose by at least 10
All tom should say is "if we lose to the cowboys, I will just retire, lose any game you want but not this one!" that would pump his team up.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Agree both Zeke and Pollard have to get yards in chunks eat up clock keep Brady on the sidelines . In the SB the Chiefs O/line was decimated the run game was non existent but I have a feeling Todd Bowles will have plenty of safety help near the box making running tough daring the Cowboys to throw & throw .
Only way to win this game is out score them. Not going to do that running zeke up the middle.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I see the Bucs jumping out 14-0 early forcing the Cowboys into catch-up mode. Plans of ball control go out the window and it's an uphill battle all night.

This would be a difficult opening game for any team. Dallas got it because "America's Team", so I hope some of you still enjoy hearing that moniker. :rolleyes:

Haimerej

Reaction score
Brady actually played his best football down the stretch last year.

I guess that is when the extra virgin blood arrived just in time.

Do you mean, "extra," as in, "more," or "very"? i.e. an "extra virgin" being one who doesn't even touch themselves.

Asking for a friend.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
I get it- our new deep snapper snapped the ball over Anger’s head late for a meaningless safety.
you have no idea how close I was to posting "4". You nailed that one and the other was running out the end of the end zone from the Bucs 1yrd line in the final 20 seconds

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Pop Brady hard early a few times and knock him off-balance. Then it'll be manageable.
that's the one kink in his armor. he doesn't like to be hit or pressured and tends to get antsy with his throws....then again most QBs are that way, but he doesn't respond well to pressure at all and becomes very visibly frustrated. of course the key to that is the DTs, he is also the master of stepping up and into the pocket avoiding outside rush (some say he has 8 eyes, but no proof of that yet). if you can't pressure up the middle, then he can move around the pocket all day and make plays....

JBS

Reaction score
Horrible matchup for Dallas.

Only way we win is turnovers and Zeke feasting. We don’t have the QB or secondary to go toe for toe with them in a shootout.

Ball control and not making mistakes is our path to victory.

Our dbs vs their wrs is a huge mismatch...our dbs vs wide receivers is going to be a problem all year long..

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Cowboys QB depth chart
  • Starter: Dak Prescott
  • Backups: Tony Pollard, Rico Dowdle, JaQuan Hardy, Brendon Knox
Prescott is the best thing the Cowboys have going for them these days. At least it looks like he'll be back in Week 1 after an ankle injury caused him to miss most of 2020 and a shoulder injury slowed his return to the field.

What did I miss? :laugh:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think as most games it starts up front. DL has to be able to win the line and shut down Tampa running game. interior line on those short passed Brady throws a high percentage of the time, get your hands up any kind of batted or tipped ball can create the turnover. OL is back and healthy and they must open up the run lanes for Zeke and Pollard and protect Dak. Lastly Cowboys need to play smart and disciplined football, Tampa is too good to help them out with our own mistakes.