Prime Romo would win the Super Bowl with the current Cowboys

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Why do so many think the O line is elite right now?

And why do some feel like the ones Romo has was bad all of the time. In 2014 the O line with Romo helped Murray get the Cowboys single season rushing record and win offensive player of the year. I don't get why some feel the need to downplay the talent and players around Romo, acting like all of the players were scrubs and bust to uplift Romo as some legendary QB who only couldn't win it all because of the "scrubs" around him.

Or why some try to build up the offense and weapons around Dak as so much more "world class" compared to Romo's. Breaking it down there were offenses under Romo which were equally talented as the ones under Dak. And weapons with Romo just as dangerous as the weapons with Dak,

No need to try and have revisionist history about the offensive players on the Cowboys during Romo's reign.

Reaction score
I loved Danny White. I thought he was mistreated by Cowboy fans but when he retired that was the end of it. Can't believe all this Romo love. The guy is gone and he's not coming back. It wasn't all his fault we couldn't win with him but he does share some blame. The guy did not walk on water. 22 pages. lol

Nobody appreciated DW because he was after Roger and Dallas made playoffs every year (until 84, yes?). But losing the NFC championship three years in a row was brutal. He caught brunt of that. The only thing where it could have been DW was the fumble in the SF game. Clark makes the catch w 51 seconds on clock, yes? People forget the pass to Pearson got them to near midfield and all we needed was a FG (28-27 final, yes?) White fumbles, Stuckey lands on it and we get screwed. San Diego got screwed too. That was the year it was like -59 wind chill in Cincy so the SB was niners v bengals and not Dallas vs San Diego and Dan Fouts like it should have been. Ugh, now I've been triggered. THAT would have been a great game and we were robbed.

Gator88

Reaction score
Are you insane? This offense looks like hot garbage, do you think we're going anywhere near the postseason?
2007 was an INT, a couple of drops and a penalty away from moving forward.
I did specify outside of QB. The offense has actually looked pretty solid at home for whatever reason. If they can pull it together with how bad the rest of the division looks so far, they have a better shot at the playoffs than you would think.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I did specify outside of QB. The offense has actually looked pretty solid at home for whatever reason. If they can pull it together with how bad the rest of the division looks so far, they have a better shot at the playoffs than you would think.
It's still a hard pass, sorry.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree - he wasn't and I don't agree with people who think he is at that level. I also don't think AIkman was either. If you look at the teams he was on later in his career he struggled and Cowboy fans turned on him.

Tony just wasn't somebody who could carry a franchise to a Super Bowl by themselves and I'm more defensive about him that any Cowboys who ever played.

One of the most impressive sats ever is this.

In the history of the NFL there is only one QB to win a Super Bowl with a bottom ten Def. Pass Rating. The reason it's so hard is because you have to outscore every team you play every week, there is no margin for error. Then, when you get to the playoffs and Super Bowl you keep playing against the best quarterbacks.

Aaron Rodgers is the only quarterback to do it.

I agree. Aikman...while I do think he was a very good QB.....but for some reason fans seem to have this perception of him and Romo.......of this elite level and I don't see it.

Them

Reaction score
...Prime Romo?….lol...who really cares eh?...The only Romo you could get these days is... Tony "One scramble away from going on IR because the O line has been playing pathetic" Romo...That's who'd you get in reality!...:cool:

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
With this D, heck Moore could win an SB, if he had a stronger arm, he doesn't so life goes on.
Love me some room, but he is gone and never coming back. I will have to put up with Dak for the next 6-10 years.
I may lose interest in all football by the time he is gone

bsbellomy

Reaction score
Did you just not watch the late 2000's Cowboys?

Also we should start with Romo winning making it past the 1st round before claiming absolutes such as him winning the SB for certain.

I hope next week hurries up, there have been some truly awful threads being made.

We saw what prime Romo did with this team in 2014. Only now we have a better defense and a better RB. Amari basically = 2014 Dez

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And people played him for the loss because of his final drive INT. Unreal
His mistake hurt too. That is a game where you say the team with the ball last wins the game and we had the ball with 2.5 minutes left in a tie game with the opportunity to drive the field, mill the clock and win the game against a defense we shredded all day long. Here is where the rubber meets the road and on 1st down Romo misses Beasley on an underneath crossing route, doesn’t pull the trigger, tries to scramble and takes a negative yardage play putting us in bad down and distance. Then throws into coverage instead of taking an open Murray with room to run on 2nd down. I get his foot was stopped and I get we should theoretically win a game we score 48 points but those bad decisions don’t get erased. They happened and it helped lose the game too. It’s like people get to a point in the game where they say “OK, Romo can sh!t the bed now and none of this will be his fault”, like the GB 2013 collapse.

Romo has ball in hand and should have easily been able to score on that terrible Broncos defense that day.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
His mistake hurt too. That is a game where you say the team with the ball last wins the game and we had the ball with 2.5 minutes left in a tie game with the opportunity to drive the field, mill the clock and win the game against a defense we shredded all day long. Here is where the rubber meets the road and on 1st down Romo misses Beasley on an underneath crossing route, doesn’t pull the trigger, tries to scramble and takes a negative yardage play putting us in bad down and distance. Then throws into coverage instead of taking an open Murray with room to run on 2nd down. I get his foot was stopped and I get we should theoretically win a game we score 48 points but those bad decisions don’t get erased. They happened and it helped lose the game too. It’s like people get to a point in the game where they say “OK, Romo can sh!t the bed now and none of this will be his fault”, like the GB 2013 collapse.

Romo has ball in hand and should have easily been able to score on that terrible Broncos defense that day.

And by you pointing this out, it's a reminder that even Romo misses passes, doesn't see open guys, or made bad decisions. Some questioned Dak not having over 200 yards in the game against the Jags that was in hand and the running game was doing well. So, even if Dak isn't the answer he doesn't tend to throw the ball up and risk it getting picked off.

We have witnessed how a game under the Cowboys control can turn for the worse, when the playcalling and/or Romo insists on throwing the ball still. Because like with the Green Bay 2013 game and the game against the Lions. Throwing it either risks INTs to help the opposing team get back into the game or it leaves enough time on the clock for the opposing team to comeback in the 2nd half.

Which is why I rather have a QB throwing for under 200 yards and a win, than one throwing for 500 yards and a loss, especially a loss that happened because the coaching staff wouldn't go to the run game with the team having a big lead or being in control of the game.

Gator88

Reaction score
The team we lost to in 2014 got DESTROYED the next game by the Falcons.
You are mixing up 2014 and 2016. The 2014 Packers were actually good and lost a close one to the Seahawks the following week. The 2016 Packers were not good and got destroyed by Atlanta the following week.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Romo might, BUT, he would have to change the play at the LOS at least 50% of the time with the two PREDICTABLE Clowns, Garrett and Linehan, we have running the Offense.