Prime Romo would win the Super Bowl with the current Cowboys

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I loved Danny White. I thought he was mistreated by Cowboy fans but when he retired that was the end of it. Can't believe all this Romo love. The guy is gone and he's not coming back. It wasn't all his fault we couldn't win with him but he does share some blame. The guy did not walk on water. 22 pages. lol

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I loved Danny White. I thought he was mistreated by Cowboy fans but when he retired that was the end of it. Can't believe all this Romo love. The guy is gone and he's not coming back. It wasn't all his fault we couldn't win with him but he does share some blame. The guy did not walk on water. 22 pages. lol
The ironic thing is it wasn't always there. Romo got blasted for the dumbest ****, it was ridiculous. I think maybe fans are filled with extreme guilt because Prescott isn't Tomo Brady instantly.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Dallas had 3 Pro Bowl lineman and a Pro Bowl pass catcher last year. You don't think Witten making the Pro Bowl last year proves the point that it doesn't mean much?
Yeh lets compare the 2 wittens. 2007 witt 96 catches 1,100 yards. 2017 witt 63 catches for 560. same thing. what about the 83 catch 1,350 yard hof wr? pro bowl rb? It's not even close please stop.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Did you just not watch the late 2000's Cowboys?

Also we should start with Romo winning making it past the 1st round before claiming absolutes such as him winning the SB for certain.

I hope next week hurries up, there have been some truly awful threads being made.
Well now just calm down there fer a minute there Quincy,& kindly take that thumb offa the hammer of yer' hogleg,,will ya,,,SHEESE!,, as WE ALL RECALL the #88's T.D. non catch/#29's running fer' daylight T.D. open field fumble, yet were those two outlier's went differently in the narrowly brief windowed glimpse of the footballish yellow brick road back then , a real true fan could wince in the true anguish of appreciation of the unfullment,,don'cha see,,,, ya know?
as after hurtling G.B. fudgepackers, " there ain't no stopping us now,,,we're on the move",,,

cuz' "The world is yours" as each& every one of us are a Tony Montana,,,Lame?,oh,you bet yer' bottom dollar this post is LAME,,,but seeing how much you seemingly enjoy this BYE WEEK, I figured I'd drop on you a drive-by FUZZ-UP,,,cyberstyleo_O

:starspin::lmao2::starspin:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Well now just calm down there fer a minute there Quincy,& kindly take that thumb offa the hammer of yer' hogleg,,will ya,,,SHEESE!,, as WE ALL RECALL the #88's T.D. non catch/#29's running fer' daylight T.D. open field fumble, yet were those two outlier's went differently in the narrowly brief windowed glimpse of the footballish yellow brick road back then , a real true fan could wince in the true anguish of appreciation of the unfullment,,don'cha see,,,, ya know?
as after hurtling G.B. fudgepackers, " there ain't no stopping us now,,,we're on the move",,,

cuz' "The world is yours" as each& every one of us are a Tony Montana,,,Lame?,oh,you bet yer' bottom dollar this post is LAME,,,but seeing how much you seemingly enjoy this BYE WEEK, I figured I'd drop on you a drive-by FUZZ-UP,,,cyberstyleo_O

:starspin::lmao2::starspin:
Cant you just type a post in a non tourette syndrome format please

Gator88

Reaction score
Yeh lets compare the 2 wittens. 2007 witt 96 catches 1,100 yards. 2017 witt 63 catches for 560. same thing. what about the 83 catch 1,350 yard hof wr? pro bowl rb? It's not even close please stop.
No, the 2 Wittens aren't the same obviously, you were the one that made that point when you solely mentioned pro bowl players. TO again was hurt and wasn't anything close to his normal self in the playoff game. Zeke is about the same level above Barber that 2007 Witten is above 2017 Witten. As for the oline, I question if anyone watched them back in 2007 or just go off the hur dur they made the pro bowl so they obviously were good. The only one of the 5 that was even an average pass blocker at their position was Kosier who was basically what Connor Williams will become if he never increases his bulk.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No, the 2 Wittens aren't the same obviously, you were the one that made that point when you solely mentioned pro bowl players. TO again was hurt and wasn't anything close to his normal self in the playoff game. Zeke is about the same level above Barber that 2007 Witten is above 2017 Witten. As for the oline, I question if anyone watched them back in 2007 or just go off the hur dur they made the pro bowl so they obviously were good. The only one of the 5 that was even an average pass blocker at their position was Kosier who was basically what Connor Williams will become if he never increases his bulk.
Like I said TO had a 100 yard game with a broken leg. just say ok and move on. There is no one on this forum that would agree that the 2017 offensive roster was better than the 2007 one. It's just wrong across the board. It's ok to be wrong once in a while.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
First of all, Read the name of the thread:
Prime Romo would win the Super Bowl with the current Cowboys
Romo did zip. Nada. With better teams. All he did was break our hearts in the crunch.
Trying to conceptualize ish is all in your head.
This thread is a farce.

Gator88

Reaction score
Like I said TO had a 100 yard game with a broken leg. just say ok and move on. There is no one on this forum that would agree that the 2017 offensive roster was better than the 2007 one. It's just wrong across the board. It's ok to be wrong once in a while.
Just because TO had a great game with a broken leg doesn't mean that he played at that level with a high ankle sprain. Outside of QB the 2007 offense in the regular season was obviously better than the offense now. In the playoffs, the receivers were just horrendous, so with that in mind, I would take the current offense over how they played that game. You can argue the point, but it isn't delusional.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Never know what's gonna happen - but, I truly believe Tony would've had just as good a probability to win one as ANYONE who did during his prime years. My God, he'd have to put up 42 just to stay in games.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Just because TO had a great game with a broken leg doesn't mean that he played at that level with a high ankle sprain. Outside of QB the 2007 offense in the regular season was obviously better than the offense now. In the playoffs, the receivers were just horrendous, so with that in mind, I would take the current offense over how they played that game. You can argue the point, but it isn't delusional.
Are you insane? This offense looks like hot garbage, do you think we're going anywhere near the postseason?
2007 was an INT, a couple of drops and a penalty away from moving forward.

Reaction score
Romo never had a Defense that was this good. He also never got to play with Zeke. Romo’s Quick release, sliding within the pocket, and Houdini escapability would make the o-line better. His accuracy would make Cooper, Beasley, and Gallup better. Too bad Dak makes receivers and the o-line worse.

If Romo fought Bruce Lee who would win? Sean Lee? Marvin Hagler?