Twitter: Princeton Fant elevated from Practice Squad

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
6'01" seems kind of short for a TE. I wonder if they might be bringing him onto the roster to compete with Luepke at an HBack/FB type position.
I think someone mentioned after the draft, and posted videos. That he could be a Deebo Samual type player.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's hope he has less flags thrown on him than Mr flaggy flagster Mckeon.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sure is hell of a small red zone threat
Yeah, shorter than I thought. Maybe I was thinking more of Simi Fehoko. I think he is 6-4.
But the videos showed Fant having some moves in college. From the passing game or even running out of the backfield.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yeah, shorter than I thought. Maybe I was thinking more of Simi Fehoko. I think he is 6-4.
But the videos showed Fant having some moves in college. From the passing game or even running out of the backfield.
having moves to get in and being a red zone threat are two different things. How do you even get fehoko mixed up in this as he's a WR, but a tall one so i guess I see. Red zone threat to me is someone that's 6'6 ish 6'5-6'7+

jujoboys

Reaction score
I think someone mentioned after the draft, and posted videos. That he could be a Deebo Samual type player.
That would be nice. Wouldn't hurt to have a little more physicality from our skilled positions. Something to mix in with the speed.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Hendershot's been healthy for a while now and they still elevated Fant instead of activating Hendershot.

Even if it's just for special teams and some kind of H-back role, that makes me think they're leaning towards keeping Hendershot on IR unless a spot opens up after the game.

Carson

Reaction score
Hendershot's been healthy for a while now and they still elevated Fant instead of activating Hendershot.

Even if it's just for special teams and some kind of H-back role, that makes me think they're leaning towards keeping Hendershot on IR unless a spot opens up after the game.
No room on the 53 for Hendershot right now. Fant has 3 call ups

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Rumor is some other team tried to sign him to their active roster, so the Cowboys were forced to make this move in order to keep him in the building. I guess we’ll find out later tonight during the pressers.

John813

Reaction score
Rumor is some other team tried to sign him to their active roster, so the Cowboys were forced to make this move in order to keep him in the building. I guess we’ll find out later tonight during the pressers.

Could of kept him as the 1 of 4 protected, as IIRC the two that can be called up don't have to be one of the 4 protected players

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
having moves to get in and being a red zone threat are two different things. How do you even get fehoko mixed up in this as he's a WR, but a tall one so i guess I see. Red zone threat to me is someone that's 6'6 ish 6'5-6'7+
Yeah just looking at height. Don’t matter if WR or TE. Someone that can go up and get the ball, and contested ones as well. Though Gallup can do that. He seems to go up to catch passes pretty decent. But still prefer a 6-4 target at least.

Mr_437

Reaction score
This is it. He played Tight End, Fullback, Hback and even threw passes for Touchdowns
Yes, versatile player at Tennessee. I wondered would Dallas even know what to do with him.

I look for Fant to play a couple STs snaps, and take some pictures after the game, in his uniform.