Priority Wilson or Gallup

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I think we have a better chance to signing Wilson to more of a cap friendly deal. I will say the injury to Gallup which comes with a 6 to 9 month recovery may have changed everything for Gallup situation

Someone is going to offer Wilson more because he's available, Gallup could take a team deal, and try free agency next year

glimmerman

Reaction score
Would like Gallup but if the price is to much then Wilson will be a real nice edition. If he has a great playoff showing they may both be out of our price range..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Someone is going to offer Wilson more because he's available, Gallup could take a team deal, and try free agency next year

Hard to say what his market value is. I don't see anyone handing out a big contract especially when you have so many prospect entering the draft.

quickccc

Reaction score
Wilson is gone. Dallas should be able to resign Gallup with his acl tear. they should also draft a wr early

mid to late round,... not early rounds.. Early rounds is considered 1st to 3rd.

The only, only exception is a 1st rd grade WR according to the value of their draft board that has shockingly fallen into say the 3rd round, and
they just cannot pass him up this far into the NFL draft rounds.

- We drafted Cedrick Wilson in the 5th round. Has really developed to become excellent value.
But his splash plays that occurred when he got the chance upon Gallup's injury periods may have also gave him
very valuable marketable status in FA period that could be out of Cowboys price offers.

- Here's hoping another 5th round pick Simi Feheko " eventually" becomes another Ced Wilson like gem find.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Who do we sign first???

Not about priority, its about price. For the same price I am signing Gallup. But I dont think we will see that.

Both guys might be out of our price range depending on how well Wilson does in the playoffs.

quickccc

Reaction score
Hard to say what his market value is. I don't see anyone handing out a big contract especially when you have so many prospect entering the draft.

Free agent vet players are over-evaluated, and over-priced every single year.
And teams may want to aim for already developed, seasoned, experienced players that can hit the ground running -so they don't have to wait
for down the road developing.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I believe the better question is. Should we go with Farniok or Biadasz at center?….

Biadasz has had an admirable first season as the starter. However, I dont think it was good enough to stop looking. If a great young center is available in the first 2 rounds, you have to draft him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Free agent vet players are over-evaluated, and over-priced every single year.
And teams may want to aim for already developed, seasoned, experienced players that can hit the ground running -so they don't have to wait
for down the road developing.

I don't think Wilson price tag will be that expensive and there are a lot of free agent WR in 2022

bigE79

Reaction score
The Cowboys have proven time and again who the better WR is when both are healthy, yet fans think they know better.
It's a message board.. doesn't matter what the fans think,that's the fun of it, weather we're right or wrong...it doesn't matter.

quickccc

Reaction score
I don't think Wilson price tag will be that expensive and there are a lot of free agent WR in 2022

And Wilson will be one of those FA WR pickees in 2022.
And if the other WR free agents are too expensive and out of their price range, they could move on to see what it will take in Wilson's price range.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
And Wilson will be one of those FA WR pickees in 2022.
And if the other WR free agents are too expensive and out of their price range, they could move on to see what it will take in Wilson's price range.

I think a deal with Wilson for Dallas can get done, if they choose not to make offer for Gallup. I don't think the price tag for Wilson will be that high.

quickccc

Reaction score
I think a deal with Wilson for Dallas can get done, if they choose not to make offer for Gallup. I don't think the price tag for Wilson will be that high.

Could there be a chance that we can re-sign Both Gallup and Wilson ?

- I'm currently leaning towards Wilson as he is healthy, he is more versatile and he'll want a more bigger role (ala permanent 3rd WR) ..and he may be a better fit as a 3rd WR,
Gallup is more individually talented than Wilson, but Ceddy may have more of a knack and feel for that 3rd WR role.
Gallup may fit the bill more as an outside WR than slot. ..imo.

- We dunno at this stage and time what the market will be for Gallup considering his current status with his ACL tear.
Do we hastily don't even approach him with any offers and let him flat walk out ?

- Or do we offer him a reasonable one year deal, (assuming there's a dry market for him) so he can re-establish his market value again after next year ?

- Surely we are not gonna offer a multi- year contract in his current condition.
ACL recovery apparently can be tricky and un-predictable.

- Conner Williams ACL was at the end of the year, but he was ready for camp
While Trysten Hill ACL was injured mid season, and he still practically missed most of this season while still recovering.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Not about priority, its about price. For the same price I am signing Gallup. But I dont think we will see that.

Both guys might be out of our price range depending on how well Wilson does in the playoffs.

EXACTLY how he does in the playoffs I agree!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Could there be a chance that we can re-sign Both Gallup and Wilson ?

- I'm currently leaning towards Wilson as he is healthy, he is more versatile and he'll want a more bigger role (ala permanent 3rd WR) ..and he may be a better fit as a 3rd WR,
Gallup is more individually talented than Wilson, but Ceddy may have more of a knack and feel for that 3rd WR role.
Gallup may fit the bill more as an outside WR than slot. ..imo.

- We dunno at this stage and time what the market will be for Gallup considering his current status with his ACL tear.
Do we hastily don't even approach him with any offers and let him flat walk out ?

- Or do we offer him a reasonable one year deal, (assuming there's a dry market for him) so he can re-establish his market value again after next year ?

- Surely we are not gonna offer a multi- year contract in his current condition.
ACL recovery apparently can be tricky and un-predictable.

- Conner Williams ACL was at the end of the year, but he was ready for camp
While Trysten Hill ACL was injured mid season, and he still practically missed most of this season while still recovering.

I think the injury to Gallup could lead to a short term deal since recovery on the ACL is 6 to 9 months. Wilson again I think he clearly gets paid more but I do think it will be in a range where if Dallas chooses to keep him they will be able to.

DonaldM

Reaction score
Wilson. ACL is not easy to overcome but players are doing it. Cheaper and similar players. Who would have thought Dak would have come back so strong from that injury he had. Not many, but he did. I'm focusing on this year.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Who do we sign first???
Doesnt matter,, both equally valued actually.
Let the money walk and the talent talk I guess is best option.
Hate that Gallup had such bad luck in contract season, but Wilson has stepped to the plate and has proven that while not the same player, both possess valuable skill sets of their own.
Smart GMs sign similar player that fits the cap situation.