Priority Wilson or Gallup

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Fair enough.

The problem becomes snaps. Who provides the most value per snap? It certainly is debatable. Ced looks so dynamic I have to go with him.

Well there’s a thing called depth… having both gives you the luxury of alternating players to keep them fresh and in reserve in the event of injury.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well there’s a thing called depth… having both gives you the luxury of alternating players to keep them fresh and in reserve in the event of injury.
Sure...and you can only have so much depth.

I'd prefer that we work on O line starters and depth before we keep 7 WR starters.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Sure...and you can only have so much depth.

I'd prefer that we work on O line starters and depth before we keep 7 WR starters.
You’d keep Noah Brown over Gallup? Hell no.

(Assuming Gallup’s price tag is reasonable)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Wilson… when did I say I wanted 7 WRs? Come on dude…
I never said you wanted 7 WR's.

You SAID you wanted ..."depth". 4 WR is NOT "depth".

Especially with Gallup injury history and C19 protocol.

"7" was just an example of "depth" that you claimed you wanted. 6? 5? Who are they? And can we pay them?

Look I can see you just want to argue. Have a good night.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
I never said you wanted 7 WR's.

You SAID you wanted ..."depth". 4 WR is NOT "depth".

Especially with Gallup injury history and C19 protocol.

"7" was just an example of "depth" that you claimed you wanted. 6? 5? Who are they? And can we pay them?

Look I can see you just want to argue. Have a good night.

You said:
“I'd prefer that we work on O line starters and depth before we keep 7 WR starters.”

Basic math: Cooper + Lamb + Gallup + Wilson = 4. We can even afford 2 more cheap WRs for decent depth.

That’s not even hitting the magic number 7 that you’re afraid of.

My whole point is that Gallup is worth keeping because he’s a great athlete with more natural talent than Wilson. If he can be had for a reasonable price I’d absolutely keep him and start him over Wilson. That doesn’t mean Wilson wouldn’t get reps, since we frequently rotate our players.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You said:
“I'd prefer that we work on O line starters and depth before we keep 7 WR starters.”

Basic math: Cooper + Lamb + Gallup + Wilson = 4. We can even afford 2 more cheap WRs for decent depth.

That’s not even hitting the magic number 7 that you’re afraid of.

My whole point is that Gallup is worth keeping because he’s a great athlete with more natural talent than Wilson. If he can be had for a reasonable price I’d absolutely keep him and start him over Wilson. That doesn’t mean Wilson wouldn’t get reps, since we frequently rotate our players.
Okay buddy...you win.

I should have said six...not seven.

People...I do hate them so.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
Okay buddy...you win.

I should have said six...not seven.

People...I do hate them so.

Dude, it’s not that serious. We can both hope that Gallup and Wilson are with us next year. Both are good players and will be productive when on the field and given opportunities.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude, it’s not that serious. We can both hope that Gallup and Wilson are with us next year. Both are good players and will be productive when on the field and given opportunities.
You are the one that held my feet to the fire about "seven". Then act like it's after all not THAT serious.

People...still hate em.

MajesticRey

Reaction score
You are the one that held my feet to the fire about "seven". Then act like it's after all not THAT serious.

People...still hate em.

Feet to the fire, come on dude!! :laugh:

We had a little banter but there’s no need to act like we were at each other’s throats. We both want the same thing: good WRs playing.

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
Who do we sign first???
Ultimately I think it will come down to $$$. I think they are both good but feel like Gallup has more talent. To me I see Wilson as the lesser evil when it comes to defenses having to figure out who they are going to focus on. I mean don't get me wrong, Wilson is very talented, but I think his numbers will fall once defenses figure him out and start keying in on him more. They already know what Gallup brings and how dangerous he can be but still have a hard time stopping him. Wilson has been around long enough and I think the coaching staff is smart enough to know who should be starting over who and that's why Gallup has been that guy.

CoachD

Reaction score
In my most Tom Hanks Castaway voice.......WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLSON!!!!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Who do we sign first???

I think we have a better chance to signing Wilson to more of a cap friendly deal. I will say the injury to Gallup which comes with a 6 to 9 month recovery may have changed everything for Gallup situation