Prisco: Top 32: JaMarcus at No. 20? Crazy, but not that crazy

burmafrd

Reaction score
Just the same as your claim that RUssell is a better QB. No proof at all.
JSNTO- really, wake up. The comparison is between Russell and Quinn; Quinn played better in losses then Russell did.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd;1442192 said:
NDs losses in 2005 were to Mich State in OT (early in the season before their annual melt down) USC - which only happened due to Bush pushing Leinart into the endzone on the last play of the game- and the loss to Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl- where Brady played well but the D as usual was out to lunch. 2006: Michigan- Brady did not play well. USC- Brady did play pretty well but a lot of passes were dropped- especially by McKnight; and the D sucked. as usual. LSU- Once again Brady played well- after missing some passes early- and once again several were dropped and the D sucked again. And for all of 2006 an O line that had 4 starters back from 2005 sucked about as bad as the D (ONE MORE TIME- RYAN HARRIS STINKS IT UP).

Brady Quinn15/35 148 4.2 2 2

Thats playing well? He barely completed half of his passes against USC. I guess we have different standards about what constitutes playing well.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
burmafrd;1442193 said:
Just the same as your claim that RUssell is a better QB. No proof at all.
He had much better stats. That's something. You have nothing supporting your claim.

JSNTO- really, wake up. The comparison is between Russell and Quinn; Quinn played better in losses then Russell did.
What does it matter? Doesn't that actually show that LSUs team performance was more dependent upon Russell? If the only games they lost were because Russell had a bad game, doesn't that mean it's likely that the games they won were because of Russell's good performance? Oh wait, I can see what's happening here -- when they lose its because of Russell and when they win its because he has a good team surrounding him. LOL. Good one.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Why don't you post the stats from LSU's losses and compare them?
Against USC this year he had at least 6-8 passes dropped by his receivers. I counted 4 on McKnight alone. So if those 6 were caught, it would be 21 of 35, which is 60%. And this was against a team that was ahead the entire game and BQ had to try and come from behind the entire game. By the way- one of those drops by McKnight was in the end zone.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Mark Twain said it best: there are lies, damn lies- THEN there are statistics.
Carefull use of statistics can prove just about anything.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd;1442206 said:
Why don't you post the stats from LSU's losses and compare them?
Against USC this year he had at least 6-8 passes dropped by his receivers. I counted 4 on McKnight alone. So if those 6 were caught, it would be 21 of 35, which is 60%. And this was against a team that was ahead the entire game and BQ had to try and come from behind the entire game. By the way- one of those drops by McKnight was in the end zone.

You are correct. Quinn did rack up enough stats in garbage time in that USC game to make someone looking at the box score think he was decent.

By the way, he threw 45 passes in that game. so 21 of 45 is good?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
burmafrd;1442208 said:
Mark Twain said it best: there are lies, damn lies- THEN there are statistics.
Carefull use of statistics can prove just about anything.
This is usually what people say when they don't have anything to support their argument.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Depends on how much time he had to throw- which was NONE. Depends on how much he had to throw- which was all the time.
By the way the stats for the game were BQ 22 of 45 for 274 yds and 3 tds NO INTS. Add those 6 at least drops and its 28 of 45 which is over 60%.

burmafrd

Reaction score
You are the one using stats as well OGT. So look in the mirror and say hello to Mark Twains theory.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
burmafrd;1442226 said:
You are the one using stats as well OGT. So look in the mirror and say hello to Mark Twains theory.
This doesn't even make sense. It's a little early to start drinking, in my opinion, but to each his own. Cheers!

KDWilliams85

Reaction score
The jury is still out on whether or not Peyton Manning is a product of skill or a supporting cast.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The interesting thing to me about this little debate is that only one season is being considered here. Russell had an outstanding season last year. There is no doubt of that but I don't think you can just turn a blind eye to previous seasons played. I also think people need to have a bit of a reality check in regards to the seasons each player had last year.

Russell posted the following numbers last year.

342 Atts. 232 Comp. 67.8 Comp% 3129 yds 28 TDs 8 INTs

Quinn posted the following numbers last year.

467 Atts. 289 Comp. 61.9 Comp% 3426 yds 37 TDs 7 INTs

Each played in 13 games. Now, I'm no rocket scientist but the only stat that Russell was better in is his completion percentage which is significant. However, Quinn clearly out produced by a long way in TD to INT ratio which, IMO, is the most important stat a QB has. Now some may say W and L are more important and I would be hard pressed to disagree with that but in this situation, all things, (talent wise) are not equal.

If you look at career numbers, it's no contest. Brady is far superior to Russell from a production stand point. Now, you might say that this is because Brady has been a 4 year starter and Russell has not. I think there is some merrit to that but it's not Brady's fault that he was good enough to start as a True Freshman while Russell was not. I just think you have to look at the whole body of work.

I'm also interested to know how you come up with a 267 QB rating.