News: Prisco's 2021 NFL Draft grades for all 32 teams

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas Cowboys: B
Best pick: Second-round corner Kelvin Joseph fills an immediate need and fits with what Dan Quinn wants in his corners. The Cowboys wanted to take one of the tops corners in the first round, but this is a nice consolation.

Worst pick: Third-round corner Nahshon Wright is a long corner at 6-4 with some talent, but he went a round or two too high for my liking.

The skinny: They clearly wanted to upgrade their defense, which they did by using their first six picks on that side of the ball. First-round linebacker Micah Parsons can fly, while fifth-round linebacker Jabril Cox is a thumper. This serves notice to Jaylen Smith — who could be let go after the season— and the rest of the linebacker group. They also took two corners and two down players. It was a good haul.

Link to the other teams draft grades - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...g-three-to-earn-a-raiders-part-of-worst-trio/

Jkyle

Reaction score
Prisco shows his ignorance with his assessment. Specifically, when he calls Cox a "Thumper". The knock on Cox and why he fell to the 4th was his deficiencies as a Tackler. He has excellent cover skills for a LB but tackling in the Box was a big negative against him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Best pick: Second-round corner Kelvin Joseph fills an immediate need and fits with what Dan Quinn wants in his corners. The Cowboys wanted to take one of the tops corners in the first round, but this is a nice consolation.

Worst pick: Third-round corner Nahshon Wright is a long corner at 6-4 with some talent, but he went a round or two too high for my liking.

The skinny: They clearly wanted to upgrade their defense, which they did by using their first six picks on that side of the ball. First-round linebacker Micah Parsons can fly, while fifth-round linebacker Jabril Cox is a thumper. This serves notice to Jaylen Smith — who could be let go after the season— and the rest of the linebacker group. They also took two corners and two down players. It was a good haul.

Link to the other teams draft grades - https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...g-three-to-earn-a-raiders-part-of-worst-trio/

I like this guy, and it has nothing to do with his overall grade of "B" being the same as mine. Brilliant stuff. :hammer:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Jabril Cox is a thumper? He's a coverage linebacker. And he was drafted in the fourth round, not the fifth. Prisco's attention to detail is as great as ever.
Yea that was just a bad take by him.

conner01

Reaction score
Prisco shows his ignorance with his assessment. Specifically, when he calls Cox a "Thumper". The knock on Cox and why he fell to the 4th was his deficiencies as a Tackler. He has excellent cover skills for a LB but tackling in the Box was a big negative against him.
He’s probably the best cover LB in the draft
Thumper is a fantasy
The question is can he be an early down LB
There is no doubt he can play coverage

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Tackling can be taught if the player isn't afraid of tackling in the first place. Most linebackers love to tackle, so I'm perplexed as to why this guy wanted to be a backer to begin with.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
What I don't understand is, if the Cowboys apparently had a 2nd round grade on Cox but passed on him in 3rd round, what grade did they have on Wright? Or did they just completely ignore the board because the coach wanted him so much?

waving monkey

Reaction score
yap

lockster

Reaction score
Tackling can be taught if the player isn't afraid of tackling in the first place. Most linebackers love to tackle, so I'm perplexed as to why this guy wanted to be a backer to begin with.
Most linebackers like to tackle, unless they have a star on their Helmet. Our guys run from the ball carriers, ol , and even fullbacks. I would be ashamed to look at my teamates after avoiding tackles like love and Jaylen have done so many times.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Yeah I definitely don't get the Nahshon Wright pick. Obviously the team thought they saw something in him none of us seem to see, so, time will tell. Other than that I'm hopeful we got some good pieces.

I hope Wright reads all the press clippings, gets a chip on his shoulder and becomes the Anthony Hitchens of this draft.

Jipper

Reaction score
Yes I like this grade. We all know Wright I was a huge reach

Honestly outside of the Wright reach there really isn't much to complain about...they got some great value picks and picks at positions of need.

I wonder if that one 3rd round pick had gone differently how much better everyone would perceive the draft....funny bc it sure looks that if they had picked a guy there that was higher rated that everyone would be excited....

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Wow. Prisco usually hates are draft picks. He still complains about us picking Zeke over Ramsey.