Private Visit & Workout News (Cowboys)

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Private Visit & Workout News from Next Level Scouting (Cowboys)
  • CAL-POLY senior defensive end/outside linebacker CHRIS GOCONG has reported to the NLS Staff that he has had private workouts with Dallas, Atlanta, New England and has also drawn considerable interest from Oakland, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Houston and Cleveland… the most interesting note on the workout with the Cowboys was that he not only worked out as a defensive lineman, but also did linebacker drills, which included him lining up at inside linebacker to show his footwork and range on pass drops.
  • FLORIDASTATE senior defensive end/outside linebacker KAMERION WIMBELY has reported to the NLS Staff that he has private visits scheduled with Cleveland and Kansas City, as well as a recent private workout with Dallas.
  • FRESNOSTATE senior running back WENDELL MATHIS has reported to the NLS Staff that he has had several private workouts since his Pro Day, including one with the RB coach from Dallas.
  • OKLAHOMA senior offensive lineman DAVIN JOSEPH has reported to the NLS Staff that he has had private workouts or visits with Dallas, New England, Philadelphia, while also drawing a lot of interest from Tampa Bay… some of the teams that spoke to him at the NFL Combine asked him about moving inside to center.
  • OKLAHOMA senior offensive lineman CHRIS CHESTER has reported to the NLS Staff that he has private visits or workouts with no-less than six teams, including Jacksonville, Dallas, St. Louis, Arizona, Kansas City and Tennessee.
  • OKLAHOMA STATE senior fullback SHAWN WILLIS has reported to the NLS Staff that he had an on-campus private workout with Dallas on March 23rd… he has had similar offers presented to him over the past few weeks.
  • PITTSBURGH senior offensive lineman CHARLES SPENCER has reported to the NLS Staff that he has private visits/workouts scheduled with Dallas, Jacksonville, Kansas City and Philadelphia… also seems to be drawing interest from New England among others.
  • PURDUE senior linebacker BOBBY IWUCHUKWU has reported to the NLS Staff that he has had a private workout with Philadelphia and will be having a private visit with Dallas in the next two weeks.
  • SMU ... senior cornerback ROLANDO HUMPHREY ran between 4.38 and 4.42 in the 40... some had him as fast as 4.35 with the wind and 4.48 against the wind... 4.12/4.18 short shuttle... 37" vertical... 10'0" broad jump... also completed 12 reps of 225 pounds... weighed in at 5090, 170 pounds... senior safety/linebacker ALVIN NNABUIFE ran between 4.60 and 4.68 in the 40... some had him as fast as 4.57 with the wind and 4.65 against the wind... 40.5" vertical... 10'4" broad jump... did not bench press yesterday, may have a minor shoulder injury from training... weighed in at 6001, 210 pounds... has been as high as 218-222 pounds in the past, dropped weight in order to run the best times possible... times were recorded on an outdoor FieldTurf surface, which is considered above-average, according to the scouts in attendance... a total of nine teams were represented, including Carolina, Dallas and Green Bay..
  • STANFORD senior linebacker JON ALSTON has reported to the NLS Staff that he recently had a private workout with Pittsburgh, and also has private visits scheduled with both Dallas and St. Louis in the near future… he did both linebacker and safety drills for Pittsburgh, as well as at his recent Pro Day on March 16th.
  • STANFORD senior defensive back/return man T.J. RUSHING has reported to the NLS Staff that he has had private workouts with several teams, since his Pro Day, including Pittsburgh, Dallas, Chicago, New England and St. Louis.
  • TEXAS senior defensive tackle RODRIQUE WRIGHT has reported to the NLS Staff that he had private workouts with Dallas, Miami and most recently Cleveland… several teams are interested in seeing him close up during a workout, as his work ethic as sometimes been called into question.
  • WISCONSIN senior fullback MATT BERNSTEIN 6'2" 266 pounds.
  • YALE senior quarterback JEFF MROZ is expected to workout for scouts at the upcoming Duquesne Pro Day, which is scheduled for March 18th... he may still setup and hold his own Pro Day back on his home campus, but inclement weather in late February and early March prevented him from working out for area scouts... he has already had a private workout with Dallas, while 3-4 other teams have kept in contact with his agent.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Guess we did not work our the guy we have targeted for #18 by looking at these names......keeping the #1 pick secret.

sacase

Reaction score
I think teams only have 15 people they can bring in for workouts. Usually the top picks are well documented to teams use the private work out for guys they are need to find out more info on.

Woods

Reaction score
Interestingly, both Joseph and Spencer are Guards who also have the potential to play some OT.

Reaction score
I wonder when I read these reports worded like this:

senior linebacker _______ has reported to the NLS Staff

How much some of the lesser-type players inflate the number of teams they've actualy talked to?

Champsheart

Reaction score
I have been talking about Dallas looking at Fullback in FA because their where some good FB's available and they come really cheap. Could be an obvious upgrade.

Many did not see the reason to look at FB, or did not think it was needed.

Based on the fact they brought in 2 for private workouts I would say Dallas does have interest in upgrading that position.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I would love to have this guy make it to our second rounder
I think he'd be a great replacement for LA.

Call me a hard sale, but Kosier just doesn't give me much confidence in replacing LA.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I think he'd be a great replacement for LA.

Call me a hard sale, but Kosier just doesn't give me much confidence in replacing LA.

Even if Kosier does well, he would make an excellent replacement for Rivera. I watched his whole career at OU and he very damn solid

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Woods said:
Interestingly, both Joseph and Spencer are Guards who also have the potential to play some OT.

I like Spencer.

I wouldn't kick if we selected him in round 2.

kenneth Gant #29

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Guess we did not work our the guy we have targeted for #18 by looking at these names......keeping the #1 pick secret.

or we gonna draft the first guy on that list.... Kamerion Wimbely:cool:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
I like Spencer.

I wouldn't kick if we selected him in round 2.
Trickblue told me snails have more kick than you. Is that true? If not, why would he say that?

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I like KAMERION WIMBELY OLB, DAVIN JOSEPH OL ,ROLANDO HUMPHREY CB, JEFF MROZ QB ???.

I also like RODRIQUE WRIGHT DT but he is a little suspect.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I like KAMERION WIMBELY OLB, DAVIN JOSEPH OL ,ROLANDO HUMPHREY CB, JEFF MROZ QB ???.

I also like RODRIQUE WRIGHT OL but he is a little suspect.
Wright's a DT, not OL.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Hostile said:
:eek:

Good point. That would have totally eluded me.

Thanks for correcting me Hos......after the day I have had it's a wonder I remember my own name. :eek: