Private Visit & Workout News (Cowboys)

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If you haven't noticed yet, the Cowboys are building an athletic line. Long gone are the days of the big aggressive just beat you up line for the Boys. We are going with a physical but very very athletic line. Guys that can get out in opened space and wreak havoc.

Do you remember our sorry screens? No more. Now we will have a weapon on offense called the screen pass. And sweeps and pulls are going to be common now.

If you look at who the Cowboys brought in, OLINE wise, keep one person in mind who is under everyone's radar. OG CHRIS CHESTER of Oklahoma.

Chris Chester - 6'3 303.

What's so special about him? How about the most athletic guard in the draft.
These are his combine numbers and where he ranked to the others.
Chris Chester
1. 40 yard dash - 4.88 / rank 1st
2. 225 pound pb- 27 / rank 8th
3. 10 yard dash - 1.67 / rank 1st (he can get out on the perimeter fast)
4. 20 yard dash - 2.78 / rank 1st
5. vertical leap - 31.5 / rank 5th
6. Broad jump - 8-10/ rank 6th
7. 20 yard shut - 4.50/ rank 1st
8. 3 cone drill - 7.31/ rank 1st

Davin Joseph - 6'2 311
1. 40 yard dash - 5.09 / rank 4th
2. 225 pound pb- 24 / rank 17th
3. 10 yard dash - 1.76 / rank 3rd
4. 20 yard dash - 2.96 / rank 3rd
5. vertical leap - 32 / rank 2nd
6. Broad jump - 9-3 / rank 1st
7. 20 yard shut - 4.96/ rank 28th (better than MJ Gilles)
8. 3 cone drill - 7.75/ rank 10th

So as you can see, the Boys are bringing in fast guys that are considered under the radar. I would love it if we drafted Chris Chester in the 5th round, that would be fantastic.

ghst187

Reaction score
I'll take these guys.....
[*]CAL-POLY senior defensive end/outside linebacker CHRIS GOCONG has reported to the NLS Staff that he has had private workouts with Dallas, Atlanta, New England and has also drawn considerable interest from Oakland, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Houston and Cleveland… the most interesting note on the workout with the Cowboys was that he not only worked out as a defensive lineman, but also did linebacker drills, which included him lining up at inside linebacker to show his footwork and range on pass drops.[/LIST]
  • FLORIDASTATE senior defensive end/outside linebacker KAMERION WIMBELY has reported to the NLS Staff that he has private visits scheduled with Cleveland and Kansas City, as well as a recent private workout with Dallas.
  • OKLAHOMA senior offensive lineman DAVIN JOSEPH has reported to the NLS Staff that he has had private workouts or visits with Dallas, New England, Philadelphia, while also drawing a lot of interest from Tampa Bay… some of the teams that spoke to him at the NFL Combine asked him about moving inside to center.
  • PITTSBURGH senior offensive lineman CHARLES SPENCER has reported to the NLS Staff that he has private visits/workouts scheduled with Dallas, Jacksonville, Kansas City and Philadelphia… also seems to be drawing interest from New England among others.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
I'll take these guys.....
PITTSBURGH[/B] senior offensive lineman CHARLES SPENCER has reported to the NLS Staff that he has private visits/workouts scheduled with Dallas, Jacksonville, Kansas City and Philadelphia… also seems to be drawing interest from New England among others.[/LIST]

• Put me down as another vote for Spencer, have seen alot of good reviews on him and the guys on SIRIUS have talked him up. Any guy that has teams like Pitt and NE looking at has got to be doing something right.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Spencer as a very high pick. He's a converted DT and he hasn't had a whole lot of time to develop on the offensive side yet. He's gotten by in college with good brute strength but he's still very raw. I'd rather have Joseph or someone like a Daryn Colledge.

Pokes28

Reaction score
Shawn Willis from Oklahoma State is a real load. He goes 260+ and runs well, but he blocks like a freight train. He's nothing but a blocker though as his hands aren't the greatest.

Considering he wasn't invited to the combine, I'd guess he's getting a look as an undrafted pick up. Not likely he'll get his name called. While Dallas is at it, I'd love to see them bring Daniel McLemore from Oklahoma State into camp. Had he gotten an invite, he would have likely posted the fastest 40 at the combine. He's run sub 4.3 at the previous 2 OSU pro days (this year was on the new slower turf and he ran in the 4.3s). He's a tiny Corner back only being about 5'7" (and I'm being generous), but he's a very good return guy. A lot like Mathis was coming out of college last year.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

Smith22

Reaction score
Pokes28 said:
Considering he wasn't invited to the combine, I'd guess he's getting a look as an undrafted pick up. Not likely he'll get his name called. While Dallas is at it, I'd love to see them bring Daniel McLemore from Oklahoma State into camp. Had he gotten an invite, he would have likely posted the fastest 40 at the combine. He's run sub 4.3 at the previous 2 OSU pro days (this year was on the new slower turf and he ran in the 4.3s). He's a tiny Corner back only being about 5'7" (and I'm being generous), but he's a very good return guy. A lot like Mathis was coming out of college last year.

I take it he only weights about 165 or 170 then? Think he could withstand a full 16 game NFL schedule? TNew has been our best returner by far IMO, but I understand why we don't want him back there much (injury).

Skeptic

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I would love to have this guy make it to our second rounder

Totally.

Plug him in at LG and let him compete.

This is a monster forced to play WAY to many positions at the college level.

Take it from me, I'm a Sooner.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
can you sticky this thread mods? this is as good an indicator as we can get as to who Dallas may particularly draft...

silver

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I think he'd be a great replacement for LA.

Call me a hard sale, but Kosier just doesn't give me much confidence in replacing LA.
pencil him in. we already have his college numbered reserved for him now that Tucker is a certain gonner.

morasp

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
If you haven't noticed yet, the Cowboys are building an athletic line. Long gone are the days of the big aggressive just beat you up line for the Boys. We are going with a physical but very very athletic line. Guys that can get out in opened space and wreak havoc.

Do you remember our sorry screens? No more. Now we will have a weapon on offense called the screen pass. And sweeps and pulls are going to be common now.

If you look at who the Cowboys brought in, OLINE wise, keep one person in mind who is under everyone's radar. OG CHRIS CHESTER of Oklahoma.

Chris Chester - 6'3 303.

What's so special about him? How about the most athletic guard in the draft.
These are his combine numbers and where he ranked to the others.
Chris Chester
1. 40 yard dash - 4.88 / rank 1st
2. 225 pound pb- 27 / rank 8th
3. 10 yard dash - 1.67 / rank 1st (he can get out on the perimeter fast)
4. 20 yard dash - 2.78 / rank 1st
5. vertical leap - 31.5 / rank 5th
6. Broad jump - 8-10/ rank 6th
7. 20 yard shut - 4.50/ rank 1st
8. 3 cone drill - 7.31/ rank 1st

Davin Joseph - 6'2 311
1. 40 yard dash - 5.09 / rank 4th
2. 225 pound pb- 24 / rank 17th
3. 10 yard dash - 1.76 / rank 3rd
4. 20 yard dash - 2.96 / rank 3rd
5. vertical leap - 32 / rank 2nd
6. Broad jump - 9-3 / rank 1st
7. 20 yard shut - 4.96/ rank 28th (better than MJ Gilles)
8. 3 cone drill - 7.75/ rank 10th

So as you can see, the Boys are bringing in fast guys that are considered under the radar. I would love it if we drafted Chris Chester in the 5th round, that would be fantastic.

Good insightful post. It certainly looks like we are looking at a high draft pick on OL.