Pro Wrestlers You May Not Remember

jrumann59

Reaction score
Dangerous Danny Davis - "Referee" turned wrestler, Brutus Beefcake gave him a haircut.
Brooklyn Brawler
El Matador Tito Santana
Leaping Lanny Poffo, also know as THe Genius
The Mounties
Demolition - Road Warrior knock-offs
Fake Sting - was an accomplished wrestler overseas

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was a big fan of Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling with was one of the most popular territories of the National Wresting Alliance (NWA). The territory covered the Carolina's, Virginia and part of Tennessee. The territory itself was owned by the Crockets and in the late 70's they struck a partnership with the Tunney's who controlled the NWA territory in the Toronto, Canada & Buffalo, NY area so that Mid Atlantic talent would wrestling on cards in Tunney's territory.

At the same time us folks in western NY started receiving the weekly Mid-Atlantic TV wrestling program.

Anyway, the Thanksgiving holiday was always a big day for Mid-Atlantic Wrestling in that 3 cards would be held throughout the territory... 2 cards in the afternoon and 1 at night. This enabled some of the wrestlers to wrestle twice in one day.

The link below gives the 3 cards that were held on Thanksgiving Day 1981...

http://midatlanticwrestling.net/resourcecenter/thanksgiving/1981.htm

The collection of talent is impressive.

I miss Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I grew up with mid-south championship wrestling...JYD was my man...RocknRoll Express were my favorite tag-team.
One guy I liked...was there for a short while...came to the aid of JYD in his war with Butch Reed....Snow Man...anyone remember him?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tony Atlas.

I was a big fan of Atlas.

He entered the then WWWF about 1979 for his first run. Had a short feud with the then "heel" Hulk Hogan (then "The Incredible Hulk Hogan".

Hogan would show his strength by having handicap matches with two guys and putting them both in a bear hug.

Atlas would counter with his legendary press slam... The most impressive was him slamming King Kong Bundy (before King Kong Bundy was known as King Kong Bundy).

I was pleased that he and Rocky Johnson won the WWWF tag titles on his second tour through the area in the early 80's.

Atlas was also the guy who carried Bruiser Brody to the ambulance after the later was fatally stabbed by another wrestler in Puerto Rico in 1988.