Pro Wrestlers You May Not Remember

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Unfortunately it was his refusal to put a guy over (Danny Spivey) that may have contributed to him being stabbed by a promoter in Puerto Rico.

Mentioning Tony Atlas earlier, it was Atlas who lifted Brody into the ambulance, because the ambulance crew couldn't do it. It proved too little, too late and Brody bled out and passed way in 1987.

Wow! I forgot about this.... thanks....

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Man.... who remembers this.... (I didn't know about this!)
Dr. Death Steve Williams getting Ko'd in the stupid WWF "Brawl for All"
completely ruined any plans for Steve Williams.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Man.... who remembers this.... (I didn't know about this!)
Dr. Death Steve Williams getting Ko'd in the stupid WWF "Brawl for All"
completely ruined any plans for Steve Williams.

It was a completely stupid format. You had to have boxing gloves on and you could take down your opponent, but you had to let go and let him back up again. Too bad because in a UFC style competition Dr. Death would have mowed thru the field before losing to Dan Severn (who dropped out anyway).

YR

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
My personal favorite Wrestler...
Terry BAM, BAM Gordy.... cat was awesome...
Road Warriors couldn't handle him...

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
When I was young in Montreal, they used to have guys like Tarzan The Boot Tyler (who was decapitated in a car accident), Johnny 2 Feathers, Little Beaver, Little Tokyom the Rougeau Brothers, Dino Bravo.

Ah the good old days

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If one were to rate all-time great tag-teams the "Fabulous Kangaroos" would have to be in the top-5.

From the 50's until the mid 70's the Kangaroos were considered perhaps the best tag team period.

Several new NWA territories or new wrestling organizations would initiate a tag-team part of their organization by bringing in these guys as the present "Champions". They would be given the belts on entering the territory and would remain champs until a newly formed and fan-drawing tag team would be awarded the belts. The Kangaroos would then head to another territory.

By the date of this Youtube clip, the original team had broken up and one member was relatively new.

The clip is interesting because it's everything that TV-show quality wrestling was back in the day...
-Cheap sets
-Smaller ring
-Limited number of fans in attendance
-Most matches only went a few minutes and rarely did wrestlers of comparable skill wrestle against each other

Everything was done to push the house shows.

Most of the TV wrestling shows were like this one that was from Detroit.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Name these guys

original.jpg
Yer neighbors, maybe?

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Nope. He was a guy who claimed to be the devil. Fire flew from his fingers and everything.

ghst187

Reaction score
The Road Warriors were the premminent BAs of pro wrestling and far and away my favorites.

Some of the other fun characters I remember:
Sgt Slaughter
Kamala
Big John Stud
King Kong Bundy
Those Hillbilly guys
I remember an old arcade where Big Boss Man was a great character to play as
The VonErics
The fabulous Freebirds
Iron Shiek
I met Hacksaw Dugan and I swear he wrestled until he was about 75, always a great show
The One Man Gang

Man I’m old

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Oh the Von Erichs.

I still find it difficult to believe how much tragedy that family endured.

I've often wondered why there was so much drug use amongst them and the incredible amount of depression... Obviously there was a connection between the two.

From the outside they had the world by the arse. I don't think any wrestler has been any more "over" than what they were.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Used to watch the old WCCW reruns on ESPN after school when I was a kid. Too young to have seen it in real time, but to me I think that and the pre WCW NWA was the pinnacle.

WWF was great too. Had more flair. But I just loved those regional promotions. There was a certain quality too. You could really feel that the rivalries were person

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
stingmutastar--aca5b758b172f0c035b2061132c6771b.jpg

Great Muta in what I think was still the NWA ( may have been WCW at this point though) Great rivalry with Sting early in his career