Problem w/Zeke’s Contract

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Zeke missed all of training camp & we switched offensive coordinators, I knew that would be a huge problem & it's something that not a lot of people talk about. He finally looked like Zeke against the Jets & the Jets have a legit defense (two of the best safeties in football). One thing that disappointed me today was the first or second drive, Travis Fredrick pulled to the right and Zeke had a massive gain - if he cut to the outside he would've been gone, but instead he cut to the inside & FredBeard couldn't get to the DB and it resulted in a nice gain but it could've been a TD and possibly changed the outcome of this game.
I seen the same thing, the outside was a clear path to the end zone.

JMPearson

Reaction score
Zeke missed all of training camp & we switched offensive coordinators, I knew that would be a huge problem & it's something that not a lot of people talk about. He finally looked like Zeke against the Jets & the Jets have a legit defense (two of the best safeties in football). One thing that disappointed me today was the first or second drive, Travis Fredrick pulled to the right and Zeke had a massive gain - if he cut to the outside he would've been gone, but instead he cut to the inside & FredBeard couldn't get to the DB and it resulted in a nice gain but it could've been a TD and possibly changed the outcome of this game.

That play was huge and Zeke as done that a bunch this year he is not worth the money.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Zeke is on pace for over 1400 yards and 14 TDs. Jaylon Smith and Demarcus Lawrence are stealing money while our defense sucks. Rushing offense is #5 in the league.

Grow up.
I hated the holdout and the contract, but I cannot see how anyone can dispute how hard he plays.

He fights for every yard and he still blocks like a bulldozer, he's definitely not some diva on the field.

I love how he plays the game, if he's in you know you're getting max effort from him.

aria

Reaction score
I agree he has sucked. I would have never signed him to a monster contract. But to say his contract is front loaded right now is not really accurate
Ok, 50 million dollar contract plus the money we already gave him.

aria

Reaction score
I hated the holdout and the contract, but I cannot see how anyone can dispute how hard he plays.

He fights for every yard and he still blocks like a bulldozer, he's definitely not some diva on the field.

I love how he plays the game, if he's in you know you're getting max effort from him.
Did you like how he payed in the Denver game 2 years ago? Did you like how he played against New Orleans this year?

He. has yet to play a top 15 rush defense yet and as of today, the best rush defense he played was Miami and that’s only because they played the Commanders yesterday which boosted their stats.

Cmac

Reaction score
2019 Fall Guy......unbelievable Zeke's contract pops up after that embarrassing, and I do mean embarrassing loss.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Did you like how he payed in the Denver game 2 years ago? Did you like how he played against New Orleans this year?

He. has yet to play a top 15 rush defense yet and as of today, the best rush defense he played was Miami and that’s only because they played the Commanders yesterday which boosted their stats.
When you're running into a brick wall on every play do you expect him to carry 5 guys for yards?

I obviously didn't like the fumble and that would be on the only issue I see with him on the field.

Sydla

Reaction score
2019 Fall Guy......unbelievable Zeke's contract pops up after that embarrassing, and I do mean embarrassing loss.

He's been just OK all season. So it's not one game.

That contract was a mistake. Big mistake.

Cmac

Reaction score
He's been just OK all season. So it's not one game.

That contract was a mistake. Big mistake.
as I wrote....2019 Fall Guy.....is 3-3 his fault for the obvious, the arrogance, the poor performances. C'mon now......we rehashing this after every loss now?

Creeper

Reaction score
I said before they signed him he looks slower in each year since his rookie season. He is still a good back and getting him involved in the passing game is a great idea, but he looks like some of the quickness is gone. There are teams way better than the Cowboys that do not have a $90 million RB. A top RB is just not an essential piece of the puzzle anymore.

But, There ae bigger concerns on the Cowboys than Zeke. They paid their offensive linemen too and the way they are playing, that's the bigger ripoff. The same goes for Demarcus Lawrence. They paid him over $100 million and he has done practically nothing all year.

JMPearson

Reaction score
Zeke is a very good Rb probably top 5 but you can't pay him what you paid him.

Zordon

Reaction score
I'll say it again, it was an organizational mistake to take him with the 4th pick and we compounded it by paying him the most money ever for a TB.

The Jones' simply do not know how to build a franchise. If they swallowed their pride and hired a real GM with a real plan on how to build the franchise, they'd be in much better shape. But with no oversight, no threat of being fired, Jerry and Stephen act on whims and big shiny objects in their face instead of building an organizational plan and sticking to it.

I thought they might be doing that in 2015 when they continued their focus on investing in the OL and said they would not overpay for a TB because their research showed you likely wouldn't get the full return on that investment. And then a year later, they use the 4th pick on a TB and a few years after that, hand him a whopping contract.

This franchise is going nowhere, unfortunately, with these two running things. I kept hoping that maybe, just maybe Jerry's lack of time on this earth and maybe Stephen being less impulsive would steer this franchise in the right direction, but I now know I am wrong. Nothing will change.
Watch Jerry's postgame interview (why does he do these again?) he sounds as delusional as ever.

If we had a legit GM he'd build a proper 2 year, 5 year, 10 year plan for this franchise. Every decision like the Zeke decision would have been vetted through the lens of how it affects all of those plans. Jerry and company do not look past this season, they only care about the here and now and how they are only a hop, skip, and jump away from winning the Super Bowl. Their total lack of foresight is part of the reason why this franchise is in shambles.

Last edited:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
He's a very good player but not the gamebreaking player we drafted and saw his rookie season. It sucks but whatever. Can't change that at this point. The issue as the OP pointed out is the teams unwillingness to use Pollard to hopefully add the speed/burst/explosion to the backfield that you're no longer getting from Zeke.

Sydla

Reaction score
Watch Jerry's postgame interview (why does he do these again?) he sounds as delusional as ever.

If we had a legit GM he'd build a proper 2 year, 5 year, 10 year plan for this franchise. Every decision like the Zeke decision would have been vetted through the lens of how it affects all of those plans. Jerry and company do not look past this season, they only care about the here and now and how they are only a hop, skip, and jump away from winning the Super Bowl. Their total lack of foresight is part of the reason why this franchise is in shambles.

I think what Jerry and Stephen saw was the fact the cap may explode in a few years.

But still doesn't mean you should blow a heavy chunk of it on a TB.

They have no real vision or plan. They just want to accumulate players like people accumulate classic cars.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Zeke is on pace for over 1400 yards and 14 TDs. Jaylon Smith and Demarcus Lawrence are stealing money while our defense sucks. Rushing offense is #5 in the league.

Grow up.
This x 1000. We are talking about someone (Zeke) who is/was the NFL rushing champion....several time over. As opposed to a guy who I am not really sure why I should be impressed by him (Jaylon)

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Do y'all think that Zeke KNEW he no longer had that burst and is more of a Clydesdale and that's why he held out?

IOW, he saw the writing on the wall and decided to try and deceive the brass and cash in before everyone saw that he was simply above average and not elite?

Sydla

Reaction score

Grow up.

Actually they are 7th after yesterday yard per game, 11th yards per carry.

We are overpaying for our running game. That's obvious to anyone who isn't a Zeke homer or just can't bring themselves to admit the Cowboys may have made a mistake.