Prognosis For Recovery

Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2431893 said:
I am now hearing fans who are freaking out over the Felix injury.

I have heard players come back from turf toe and are never the same.

I do not know. Does anyone here know if he can make a 100% recovery without losing speed and cutting ability?

I don't believe his injury is considered to be turf toe, my sources (my cousin is a surgeon familiar with these types of injuries) believe he'll have a 100% recovery.

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2432046 said:
Jonathon Stewart of the Carolina Panthers had the same injury and surgery right around the draft, and he seems to be having a pretty good rookie season.

Yeah Felix had some toe issues in college as well...

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2432220 said:
Yeah Felix had some toe issues in college as well...

Can you give links? According to Chris Mortensen, whose son plays for Arkansas, and followed FElix Jones pretty well and others, have said, Felix never had any injury issues at Arkansas. ANd I don't remember anything about Felix having injury issues as well.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2432260 said:
Can you give links? According to Chris Mortensen, whose son plays for Arkansas, and followed FElix Jones pretty well and others, have said, Felix never had any injury issues at Arkansas. ANd I don't remember anything about Felix having injury issues as well.

I'm pretty sure he's making it up.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2432119 said:
From what I've read, it's only a chronic problem if you try to play on it for a while and permanently damage the joint. He didn't do that. Theoretically, surgery will repair the ligament, and he'll be fine by June.

Yep. In all the cases of people in the NFL who've had this linger on them it always seemed like it was the guys who wouldn't shut it down and kept trying to play on it.

DaBoys4Life;2432256 said:
Charles Woodson comes to mind.

He's the prime example of having one linger for a long time because he never shut it down and kept trying to play on it.