News: Progress Report: Lamb Met, Surpassed Expectations

Aven8

Reaction score
I think the big thing I'd look for Lamb to get better at is the YAC. He wasn't nearly as good after the catch as he was in college.

Think an NFL offseason will help a lot in that regard - since he doesn't even turn 22 until April.

I think people are going to hold his numbers against him, but his upside is still higher than any other WR in the draft last year.

I noticed his RAC wasn’t the same as well. Having said that if Dak hadn’t gotten hurt he would have exploded. They were killing the seam and middle almost every game together.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
`
I have been pretty clear on this board. I was as against the Lamb pick as I was the Zeke pick. Drafting a WR in round 1 on a team with so many defensive needs is just stupid football.

Where have all these offensive weapons got us? I think you are confusing real football with fantasy football.

6-10...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
...........and if my memory recalls, we were 8-8 the year before and lucky to get there.

That year Dallas had a top 10 defense (no. 9 to be exact, per The Football Database).

Gee you think a better defense will get you more wins.........

Nah, we don't need no stinking defense!!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It is not silly if you trade back. Stacking WRs doesn't win in this league. Matt Millen proved it and he had a better QB.
Lol that was what 15 years ago. Come on now.

Trading back isnt as simple as snapping your fingers and making it happen. There wasnt any value outside of WR at that spot in the draft. No one traded up until Murray, and no one was moving into our slot for that. And the value WR meant if you missed Lamb you can sit tight for Jefferson. I doubt a good opportunity was there. You can't just make up a scenario assume it was feasible

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
`
I have been pretty clear on this board. I was as against the Lamb pick as I was the Zeke pick. Drafting a WR in round 1 on a team with so many defensive needs is just stupid football.

Where have all these offensive weapons got us? I think you are confusing real football with fantasy football.
Ok, but your alternative was fanciful and ridiculous, so why am I listening to you?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol that was what 15 years ago. Come on now.

Trading back isnt as simple as snapping your fingers and making it happen. There wasnt any value outside of WR at that spot in the draft. No one traded up until Murray, and no one was moving into our slot for that. And the value WR meant if you missed Lamb you can sit tight for Jefferson. I doubt a good opportunity was there. You can't just make up a scenario assume it was feasible

I'm not arguing the value at pick #17. I'm arguing that adding another WR did not help the overall team improve. There are only so many football to go around.

You taking another WR at #10 this year? Its likely going to be the best "value". At some point , you have start picking players at positions that need improvement. WR was not a position that required improvement.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not arguing the value at pick #17. I'm arguing that adding another WR did not help the overall team improve. There are only so many football to go around.

You taking another WR at #10 this year? Its likely going to be the best "value". At some point , you have start picking players at positions that need improvement. WR was not a position that required improvement.
Top WR's make 20m+ AAV on the open market. You have one thats an FA after 2021 and one can be cut with no dead money in 2022. So, ya, paying the #6 player on your board peanuts at one of the most expensive positions in the NFL kinda makes sense

Doomsday101

Reaction score

WR did not require improvement last season it very well could when Gallup becomes a FA. Draft in my view is not just about this coming season. I agree we need defense but if I see a guy who I rate much higher than any defensive player on the board then I take it. I can understand some people wanting to trade out of the spot instead of getting Lamb but I don't see the pick as any kind of mistake or being stupid. Stupid is reaching for a player that you could have taken later in the draft.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I think the big thing I'd look for Lamb to get better at is the YAC. He wasn't nearly as good after the catch as he was in college.

Think an NFL offseason will help a lot in that regard - since he doesn't even turn 22 until April.

I think people are going to hold his numbers against him, but his upside is still higher than any other WR in the draft last year.

Just imagine what his numbers would have been if Dak was his QB for the whole season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

At his size....I just don’t see how he can emulate the yac he did in college. These 6’3 260 pound linebackers that run a 4.5 are gonna be much tougher in the NFL.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jefferson had 1400 yards and 8 TDs I believe. That was with Kirk as his QB. Lamb is gonna be a stud as well.

Yah, at this point, I have to give the nod to Jefferson. Those numbers are just staggering for a rookie. Tall, fast, confident.

nobody

Reaction score
He got screwed over with his quarterbacks. I still think he's a better prospect than Justin Jefferson. But that means nothing if he doesn't show it on the field.

That on top of it being his rookie year and Covid screwing up training camp explains a lot. I think he's going to be insanely good sooner rather than later

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That on top of it being his rookie year and Covid screwing up training camp explains a lot. I think he's going to be insanely good sooner rather than later
While I agree...Justin Jefferson didn't hav ea trading camp either. But I wouldn't change a thing. I still think his ceiling is better than Jefferson's.....he's already hard at work been seeing a lot of videos of him getting ready.