Projected BCS standings? OU # 1 per ESPN

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Rogah;3641603 said:
I am pretty much the same way. I didn't go to a 1-A school but I love watching good college football. I am not going to pick some school at random and invent a reason to have a strong interest in them.

Pick a school at random? Were you born in outter space? I root for Oklahoma because I was born there and my entire family are all Sooner fans and its been a "TRADITION" in our family since I was tiny.

How on earth people can just watch the game w/o having a team to put that emotion into is beyond me. Yes I get watching the talent of the teams but I have to pull for SOMEONE to win. I don't get into ..GOlly I hope its a TIE!!!

That's not fun at all to me.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
If I don't have a side before it starts I'll pick a side when the game starts going. I watched my first aussie rules football game a few weeks ago and started cheering for the team that was hitting harder.

Rogah

Reaction score
Dallas;3641617 said:
Pick a school at random? Were you born in outter space?
No, I was born in Chicago and lived most of my life in New Hampshire. So whom should I devote my heart and soul to? The UNH Wildcats? They don't seem to be on the national stage terribly much these days and I don't have WMUR-Manchester Channel 9 on my Time Warner Cable package. Sorry, but I just can't get terribly jacked for the big homecoming game against William and Mary, and believe it or not, I don't even own a Jerry Azumah jersey.
Dallas;3641617 said:
How on earth people can just watch the game w/o having a team to put that emotion into is beyond me. Yes I get watching the talent of the teams but I have to pull for SOMEONE to win. I don't get into ..GOlly I hope its a TIE!!!

That's not fun at all to me.
Well let's make a deal.... I won't tell you how to enjoy your football watching experience if you don't tell me how to enjoy mine. Sound fair?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Rogah;3641714 said:
No, I was born in Chicago and lived most of my life in New Hampshire. So whom should I devote my heart and soul to? The UNH Wildcats? They don't seem to be on the national stage terribly much these days and I don't have WMUR-Manchester Channel 9 on my Time Warner Cable package. Sorry, but I just can't get terribly jacked for the big homecoming game against William and Mary, and believe it or not, I don't even own a Jerry Azumah jersey.
Well let's make a deal.... I won't tell you how to enjoy your football watching experience if you don't tell me how to enjoy mine. Sound fair?

Im not telling you how to do anything. Im just saying I dont see the enjoyment from watching the game like you do.

Do I have a book on how to be a fan of the game and pull for a team to win? You bet?

.PDF baby. ;) I'll PM you!

Rogah

Reaction score
Dallas;3641722 said:
Im not telling you how to do anything. Im just saying I dont see the enjoyment from watching the game like you do.

Do I have a book on how to be a fan of the game and pull for a team to win? You bet?

.PDF baby. ;) I'll PM you!
Oh, I bet on the games quite frequently. That is another major reason why I don't get emotionally involved in any one team. But I didn't have any action on any of tonight's games. That didn't stop me from enjoying Mizzou-Oklahoma though, even though I didn't really care too much who won.

Rogah

Reaction score
switzersflask;3647895 said:
Oh guess what, Oklahoma will still win the Big XII. Anyone wanna put $$$ on it?
While I have no plans to engage in a bet with a complete stranger over the internet, I'd say the odds they win the Big XII are pretty long. Their schedule just isn't doing them any favors this year. In 3 consecutive weeks they'll have to go on the road to beat Baylor, on the road to beat Okie State, and then a neutral site game against Mizzou or Nebraska. That's an awfully tough row to hoe for any team. I'm not sure they're up to the task this year.

I think the Big XII Championship game will be Nebraska over OSU.

switzersflask

Reaction score
Rogah;3648954 said:
While I have no plans to engage in a bet with a complete stranger over the internet, I'd say the odds they win the Big XII are pretty long. Their schedule just isn't doing them any favors this year. In 3 consecutive weeks they'll have to go on the road to beat Baylor, on the road to beat Okie State, and then a neutral site game against Mizzou or Nebraska. That's an awfully tough row to hoe for any team. I'm not sure they're up to the task this year.

I think the Big XII Championship game will be Nebraska over OSU.

Well we'll just have to shake on a message board gentleman's bet.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;3629783 said:
Sooners will have some choke game that nobody expects this season.

I would like to see what happens if Oregon, Boise State and TCU wind up being undefeated with the other big teams with one loss.

I love anything that further puts the BCS in a position that highlights how much of a money making fraud that College Football has become.

Anything that could help it get to a playoff system is good to me.

I rarely toot my own horn...but in this case I have to... Toot Toot...figured since it was a few days after the fact it would not be as raw for sooner fans. :D

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3629783 said:
Sooners will have some choke game that nobody expects this season.

BrAinPaiNt;3655897 said:
I rarely toot my own horn...but in this case I have to... Toot Toot...figured since it was a few days after the fact it would not be as raw for sooner fans. :D

I think everyone expected them to lose a game except the big-time OU homers. :laugh2:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
nyc;3656131 said:
I think everyone expected them to lose a game except the big-time Dallas homers. :laugh2:

~~~~ Redskins1

You make me laugh. You remind me of a Commanders fan talking about a Cowboy fan. :laugh2: The posts are nearly identical.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Dallas;3656247 said:
You make me laugh. You remind me of a Commanders fan talking about a Cowboy fan. :laugh2: The posts are nearly identical.

Actually, I and a few others questioned how good OU really were before they lost. (and even predicted that loss) Specifically after this thread started and them being ranked #1.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
switzersflask;3647895 said:
Oh guess what, Oklahoma will still win the Big XII. Anyone wanna put $$$ on it?

I would but everyone knows OU money is not worth a damn. :D