Projecting six NFL playoff teams primed to miss cut in 2024

shabazz

Reaction score
There’s plenty of you on the board who seem to think you have it all figured out. Eventually massaging the cap with all the restructuring will catch up with you and you’ll have to pay the piper.
.......and yet the Niners,Jets , Eagles, and Ravens and many other teams manage to still take FA plunges or trades to improve their rosters while retaining a better roster than ours

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Right, Mr. cap expert. There’s plenty of you on the board who seem to think you have it all figured out. Eventually massaging the cap with all the restructuring will catch up with you and you’ll have to pay the piper. The three huge extensions the Cowboys have coming up have put them in a pickle.
The pickle in the jar is Dak. If he was not so greedy they most likely could afford those other players, but no. He is the sour pickle.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
.......and yet the Niners,Jets , Eagles, and Ravens and many other teams manage to still take FA plunges or trades to improve their rosters while retaining a better roster than ours
The Niners aren’t paying huge money to a QB and none of those teams are having to extend three players that may be looking to reset the market. There’s not a team in the league that will be forking over more money to three players if the Cowboys extend Dak, CeeDee and Parsons. Two of those contracts could be record breaking deals.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
And anybody who doubts this needs to rewatch the Packers game......and take the blinders off for once.
So whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy do we say that we're this special team, we have great players, a superbowl team, it's obvious we DON"T!!!!!!! Or maybe we just lack play makers or get outcoached far too often

CWR

Reaction score
Right, Mr. cap expert. There’s plenty of you on the board who seem to think you have it all figured out. Eventually massaging the cap with all the restructuring will catch up with you and you’ll have to pay the piper. The three huge extensions the Cowboys have coming up have put them in a pickle.
It's funny when an expert calls out an expert. I guess you're the authority. It's more common sense than expertise when we are the only ones always stuck in cap hell. Duh. Jerry loves you, his hands are tied.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's funny when an expert calls out an expert. I guess you're the authority. It's more common sense than expertise when we are the only ones always stuck in cap hell. Duh. Jerry loves you, his hands are tied.
So you’re a cap expert and know the Cowboys cap inside and out? I’m certainly no authority but only common football sense tells you the Cowboys have a serious cap dilemma having to try and figure out how to extend three of the highest paid positions in football. You’re acting like it would be a piece of cake and there should be no issue signing outside free agents. :rolleyes: Contact the Joneses and let them know you have it all figured out. lol

CWR

Reaction score
So you’re a cap expert and know the Cowboys cap inside and out? I’m certainly no authority but only common football sense tells you the Cowboys have a serious cap dilemma having to try and figure out how to extend three of the highest paid positions in football. You’re acting like it would be a piece of cake and there should be no issue signing free agents. lol
I'm no more expert than you. I told you what I thought and it apparently hurt your feelings. I can't watch other teams operate with impunity and believe we have no options.

We have a GM who is literally concerned about coaching "dead money," and has the last actual cash spending for a decade. Yet you want to give him the benefit of the doubt. What a joke.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm no more expert than you. I told you what I thought and it apparently hurt your feelings. I can't watch other teams operate with impunity and believe we have no options.

We have a GM who is literally concerned about coaching "dead money," and has the last actual cash spending for a decade. Yet you want to give him the benefit of the doubt. What a joke.
Hurt my feelings? lol I could care less what you think. The Cowboys don’t have many options if they want to extend Dak, CeeDee and Parsons. They made a move reducing Dak’s cap hit by 4M. They’ve lost some good players because they can’t pay them and they can’t replace them with a high priced FA so they’ll be banking on players who are on their rookie deals. They’re in a real tough spot with these three huge extensions. They need the cap space for those players. Even some in the media are talking about trading Parsons. It’s looking less likely the Cowboys will be able to extend all three players.

slick325

Reaction score
The more they sit on their hands regarding extensions and free agency, the more I believe 2025 may lead to Bill Belichick joining as HC. Cap space, a young team, and options with big contracts (sign extensions, trade them, let Prescott walk).

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Always sucks in the playoffs = not elite.
most fans and media people rate players base on reg season, not what they do in playoffs lol.
They rely heavily on stats, which are reg season stats.

Ever see any stats charts just for playoffs? The nfl doesnt want you looking at that specifically.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The more they sit on their hands regarding extensions and free agency, the more I believe 2025 may lead to Bill Belichick joining as HC. Cap space, a young team, and options with big contracts (sign extensions, trade them, let Prescott walk).
I thought of that, but doubt they are that smart.
Maybe that is what jimmy suggested to jerry?? Jimmy is good friends with Bill B.

I hope that is the case. I would go back to being a big cowboys fan again.

They could go with another HC, Bill was supposedly asking 20 mil a year lol. That would have to come down for jerry and his boy, the 2 Scrooges.
They are preparing something for 2025, just impossible to know exactly what.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After what they did to you Jerry let them eat dirt and get the crap beat out of them as they have
So who are the 'elite play-makers'? Ceedee is certainly up there, maybe Zach Martin as well, but who else could they be referring to? Dak isn't elite and they don't have a #1 RB. Parsons on defense? Who else sticks out?

This team isn't loaded with elite play-makers; not even close.
Elite???????????????.......................... has Jerry bought every media outlet on the planet?
Overhyped as usual and YES we are going to the Super Bowl!!!!

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
A down season isn’t bad because itll land you prime picks.

This team is destined for 8 wins minimum. They haven’t won less than 8 games in over 20 years when their QB1 stays healthy
And back to back down seasons gets even more shiny new toys!

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
I cannot comprehend any circumstances under which I would want to Cowboys to lose more games. The premise that losing will increase odds of winning in the future is extremely flawed.

How many times have teams received the advantage of multiple years drafting in the top five and still fail to produce a winning team? Besides, a team could draft well but coach and manage poorly.

How many times did the Cowboys of the 70's or the Patriots during the previous two decades draft in the bottom quarter or even the last two picks in their drafts and still come away with multiple Super bowl appearances?

The best way for an NFL team to improve would be to fire any coach or executive that came up with a strategy of tanking the season.
I rooted for them to lose 1 game in 52 years. They did and it got them Aikman and a dynasty.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
I thought of that, but doubt they are that smart.
Maybe that is what jimmy suggested to jerry?? Jimmy is good friends with Bill B.

I hope that is the case. I would go back to being a big cowboys fan again.

They could go with another HC, Bill was supposedly asking 20 mil a year lol. That would have to come down for jerry and his boy, the 2 Scrooges.
They are preparing something for 2025, just impossible to know exactly what.
Probably pocket change for old Jerry Jones.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Niners and Eagles are both having to make decisions on quality players. What Reddick wanted wasn’t possible as the Mailata deal was about to be inked and now they’re trying to get Smith signed. And none of the teams you’ve listed have won a Super Bowl in the last five years.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...4-buccaneers-steelers-could-lose-their-spots/

Dallas Cowboys
2023 finish: 12-5 (0-1) | Last non-playoff season: 2020
They've still got elite play-makers on both sides of the ball, but Jerry Jones is all but forcing his quarterback-head coach duo into an ultimatum season, with Dak Prescott and Mike McCarthy under pressure to make a deep run. Meanwhile Prescott's O-line has real questions, the defense has new management, and they've not upgraded skill spots.
Well, we earned our place on this list.
:facepalm: