Proof that with guitar solos fast isn't always good

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Randy Rhoades has some of the best melodic solos. I’ve ever heard.

Not all are fast. In fact most of his are medium tempo.

Mr.Crowkey solo and the outro solo are masterpieces. “I wanna know what you meant........ yeahhhhhhhhh,”
Diary solo eerie and clean.

Dee is a work of audio art.
Over the mountain. Solo and outdo. Brilliant.

Vivian Campbell Solos on Dio songs; Raindow in the Dark, Last in line and Holy Diver song are some of my favorite melodic solos ever!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mastering the instrument isn't from the technical side. I've seen plenty of guitarists that were technically sound but their sound lacked the soul of the instrument.

I consider David Gilmour one of the most underrated guitarists in rock history. He could evoke more from me on some of his slower work that Eddie Van Halen, Rhodes or Wylde could and another is Tommy Bolin, I swear he must have been born with the guitar in his hands. And Joe Walsh is an all time favorite.

But when I want to really appreciate the instrument, I do not go to rock except for Satriani because I want the instrument to speak for itself without words.

Some of the most "joined at the hip" with the guitar I've heard are John Williams, Lee Ritenour aka "Captain Fingers", Larry Carleton, Stanley Jordan, Chet Atkins and Marc Antoine. They don't play it, they feel it.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Mastering the instrument isn't from the technical side. I've seen plenty of guitarists that were technically sound but their sound lacked the soul of the instrument.

I consider David Gilmour one of the most underrated guitarists in rock history. He could evoke more from me on some of his slower work that Eddie Van Halen, Rhodes or Wylde could and another is Tommy Bolin, I swear he must have been born with the guitar in his hands. And Joe Walsh is an all time favorite.

But when I want to really appreciate the instrument, I do not go to rock except for Satriani because I want the instrument to speak for itself without words.

Some of the most "joined at the hip" with the guitar I've heard are John Williams, Lee Ritenour aka "Captain Fingers", Larry Carleton, Stanley Jordan, Chet Atkins and Marc Antoine. They don't play it, they feel it.

All those guys you mentioned are great. I'm a huge Larry Carlton fan. His emotion in his playing comes straight from the soul. Another player I would add is Peter Green. The dude was amazing. Not everyone realizes the great work he did with Fleetwood Mac before the Lindsay Buckingham/Stevie Nicks version of the band. Green's Fleetwood Mac was a raw and bluesy band whose emotion came screaming out.