Proof the Pro Bowl is a Joke

DFWJC

Reaction score

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A lot of players don’t want to go to the pro bowl or are injured so they have to have replacements. If a player that’s selected to the pro bowl doesn’t attend they don’t get credit for being named to the pro bowl.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
To put Huntley in there is like saying they ran out of all available starting QB so lets give it to this guy.
It's so ridiculous.
That’s pretty much what happened they ran out of QBs. Most are either injured or are claiming injury or simply don’t want to attend.

DFWJC

Reaction score
That’s pretty much what happened they ran out of QBs. Most are either injured or are claiming injury or simply don’t want to attend.
That's why they should decide on the original team and then not have a game anymore. They're close to that anyway. These subs (and subs of subs of subs) have always made the Pro Bowl a bit of a joke.

6 QBs total...3 AFC, 3 NFC....period.
Not as hard to make as just 2 total QBs in All Pro, but still very selective.

This has gotten so silly. And the agents use it too

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That's why they should decide on the original team and then not have a game anymore. They're close to that anyway. These subs (and subs of subs of subs) have always made the Pro Bowl a bit of a joke.

6 QBs total...3 AFC, 3 NFC....period.
Not as hard to make as just 2 total QBs in All Pro, but still very selective.

This has gotten so silly. And the agents use it too
Are they still having the actual game or is it just flag football? The actual game has pretty much turned into a game of touch.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Are they still having the actual game or is it just flag football? The actual game has pretty much turned into a game of touch.
I'm embarrassed for them.

Desperado

Reaction score
Pro Bowl is a joke?? Next you're going to tell me Pro Wrestling is fake!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Pro Bowl is a joke?? Next you're going to tell me Pro Wrestling is fake!
Decades ago the Pro bowl wasn’t a joke. It was like watching a regular game. The players had a lot of pride and wanted to go out there and hit people. The past decade or so it’s become a joke. The players don’t want to get hurt. It’s slowly turned into a game of touch football. Extremely boring to watch.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I never needed proof. The dumbest thing the NFL does is have a pro bowl. Name your all-stars from each conference and donate some cash to the player's charity of choice in his name...quit expecting players to want to play a meaningless football game after a 17-game season...

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They should just remove it permanently. No more "re-imagined" BS.
The game has been destroyed.

I miss the days of Ronnie Lott in the Pro Bowl.
Plus, Michael Irvin catching TD passes from Mark Rypien!
Ahhhhh.... the good ol' days.
I wonder if some people would have a problem with how much of a traitor Irvin is for doing that. We're supposed to HATE our rivals.

Good old days indeed.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never needed proof. The dumbest thing the NFL does is have a pro bowl. Name your all-stars from each conference and donate some cash to the player's charity of choice in his name...quit expecting players to want to play a meaningless football game after a 17-game season...
There used to be pride and passion for the game. Now it's about protecting the money. I don't blame them. It's not only a different game but different world.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not even real football it's just lame flag football
Maybe we should change our expectations? It's just for fun....have fun with it.

Some me n some buddies used to have annual Turkey Bowl...flag football. Very fun for all of uas to get together. Now there was some trash talkin and competition, no doubt. But still...just fun.

We could use more of it these days.

Dakota

Reaction score
I'm excited, this year's pro bowl should be entertaining. At least they don't pretend it is a real game anymore. Plus we have one on the longest pro bowl appearance streaks in the NFL. 27 and counting.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I wonder if some people would have a problem with how much of a traitor Irvin is for doing that. We're supposed to HATE our rivals.

Good old days indeed.
People get worked up over the dumbest things these days.
It's a game. I'm sure you agree.

I remember Irvin saying he wanted to impress Jerry Rice.
He called Rice "Jesus in cleats".

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People get worked up over the dumbest things these days.
It's a game. I'm sure you agree.

I remember Irvin saying he wanted to impress Jerry Rice.
He called Rice "Jesus in cleats".
I don't remember that...but AWESOME! True.