Props to Jason Garrett

glimmerman

Reaction score
glimmer---- i am very concerned about our defense...not getting to the QB and the secondary seems off tilter and our linebackers are getting low grades both games..and we have not net the good QB's yet and the tough opponents...hope Richarrd and our Big D coordinator can fix it?
I assumed our Defense would at least start off like last years with ok pass rush and run stopping with good LB play. But they picked up from the rams game and almost got worse. And we have the same players from last season. Maybe Quinn coming in will help but I don’t think 1 player is going to make that much difference.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I assumed our Defense would at least start off like last years with ok pass rush and run stopping with good LB play. But they picked up from the rams game and almost got worse. And we have the same players from last season. Maybe Quinn coming in will help but I don’t think 1 player is going to make that much difference.
I am concerned about how soft we play. Especially the linebackers in this last game. They simply refused to cover the skins' running backs. They looked open in the flat every time. We never really did stop that...So the linebackers need to watch the film and improve or we will get beat. Coverage was woeful. The interior was better, BUT not up to snuff. Pass rush has to get it going. Lawrence has been JAG...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo--did he really say that?....now i am upset

Yes. He wasn't asked a day or so before the firing and said he "didn't anticipate any changes". The Joneses pushed for Linehan to be fired and rightfully so. Garrett doesn't deserve credit for that, but blame for the idea of keeping him.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yes. He wasn't asked a day or so before the firing and said he "didn't anticipate any changes". The Joneses pushed for Linehan to be fired and rightfully so. Garrett doesn't deserve credit for that, but blame for the idea of keeping him.
THATS true^^^ Garrett finally caved for Moore. Garrett wanted Linehan to remain. ON THAT basis alone, he should have been fired...but hey...at least we are winning now...and in a way that actually matters.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
THATS true^^^ Garrett finally caved for Moore. Garrett wanted Linehan to remain. ON THAT basis alone, he should have been fired...but hey...at least we are winning now...and in a way that actually matters.

If Garrett deserves 'credit' for something, it's staying out of the way and letting Moore do his job.

Proof

Reaction score
He survived 10 years because he was being asked to be a assistant coach to Jerry. Is there any coincidence that the less of a hold Jerry has had on this team the better it’s gotten?

not a ringing endorsement. But if you like it I love it

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
not a ringing endorsement. But if you like it I love it
I’m not trying to boost him up. But this job is not meant to succeed. Nobody can successfully be a head coach with a meddling owner standing right over you playing GM:

Qcard

Reaction score
That's right folks - Jason has this team rolling on all cylinders coming out of the gate. Say what you want about him but players seem to really enjoy playing for him, he's involved in personnel decisions and has helped build this team, he seems to really have the respect of all of the players on the team, and they stay out of trouble for the most part. Also, I'm sure he had a big say-so in the Kellen Moore, Kris Richardson, and John Kitna hires.

It's time we give him a little credit!
ehh..Jason has already proven to be a competent Head Coach. He's 10 years similar to Dungy in Tampa. He has to get us to the Championship Game or bust...just my opinion. His level of expectation is his own creation...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I'll give him credit. We managed the clock very well at the end of the first half yesterday. 2 years ago we would have come back from the 2 minute warning attempting to score as quickly as possible, leaving time for the opponent to get the last drive of the half.

dfense

Reaction score
That's right folks - Jason has this team rolling on all cylinders coming out of the gate. Say what you want about him but players seem to really enjoy playing for him, he's involved in personnel decisions and has helped build this team, he seems to really have the respect of all of the players on the team, and they stay out of trouble for the most part. Also, I'm sure he had a big say-so in the Kellen Moore, Kris Richardson, and John Kitna hires.

It's time we give him a little credit!
Good luck, like politics, the narrative changes around personal opinion. Garrett could win the SB and it will be in spite of him. People want the next McVay as if they are under every rock. Richard has already lost his luster after just two games because the defense didn't ball out. Name one coach who unexpectedly lost their top 10 QB and replaced him with a rookie and hardly missed a beat. Who gets credit for that? Linehan? There's a conundrum for the haters.

Garrett's job is to have the Cowboys ready to play. Game management. He's 10-1 in his last 11 NFC East games.

Last edited:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Good luck, like politics, the narrative changes around personal opinion. Garrett could win the SB and it will be in spite of him. People want the next McVay as if they are under every rock. Richard has already lost his luster after just two games because the defense didn't ball out. Name one coach who unexpectedly lost there top 10 QB and replaced him with a rookie and hardly missed a beat. Who gets credit for that? Linehan? There's a conundrum for the haters.

Garrett's job is to have the Cowboys ready to play. Game management. He's 10-1 in his last 11 NFC East games.
Did you know the pass defense was worse last year under Richard than in 2017? He's lost my confidence for that and playing corners over Jourdan Lewis due to height only.

Trendnet

Reaction score
How do you know? All your post tells me is you are clueless as to what a HC actually does. He has his hands on every drill, meeting, training sessions, etc.

You're having a discussion with people who made up an entire fantasy scenario in their head about Garrett's role. "GArreTT does NoT do AnYthinG but ClAp!"

And then have the audacity to argue that their fantasy is a reality.

I'm surprised you're able to do it. Braver man than I.

dfense

Reaction score
Just seemed strange to watch the difference between last week and this one. JG better watch it because JJ told Moore if JG was not letting him do what he wants to come tell him..
They were up by 17 points in the 4th on the road.....

glimmerman

Reaction score
I am concerned about how soft we play. Especially the linebackers in this last game. They simply refused to cover the skins' running backs. They looked open in the flat every time. We never really did stop that...So the linebackers need to watch the film and improve or we will get beat. Coverage was woeful. The interior was better, BUT not up to snuff. Pass rush has to get it going. Lawrence has been JAG...
D-Law needed to have the surgery earlier and he knows it. And the team is suffering because of it now. Hoping Quinn coming back will help some.

dfense

Reaction score
"Has his hands on every drill, meeting...blah, blah, blah."

Fuzzy, I want to be kind and generous...but frankly...you aren't worth five minutes of my time.
Actually, he crushed you in that argument. So you insult him. Great comeback.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I can't say I felt good about Garrett when he had the offense line up, with a lead and the last seconds ticking to end one the quarters (3rd?) and they proceeded to get a false start penalty trying to be draw the D off-sides. Just run the freakin' clock down!