Props to Jason Garrett

Verdict

Reaction score
That's right folks - Jason has this team rolling on all cylinders coming out of the gate. Say what you want about him but players seem to really enjoy playing for him, he's involved in personnel decisions and has helped build this team, he seems to really have the respect of all of the players on the team, and they stay out of trouble for the most part. Also, I'm sure he had a big say-so in the Kellen Moore, Kris Richardson, and John Kitna hires.

It's time we give him a little credit!

Red Ball gets way too much flack around here. He’s not The Hoodie, but I promise you, if they hire someone else that coach will most likely have his warts too, especially if brought in from the outside.

Even The Hoodie, who is viewed as infallible, has his fair share of warts that have been covered up by Brady. No one is perfect.

Moreover, Garrett is exceptional in structuring the team and getting the roster lined up. Between Red Ball, Stephen and McClay this team is on to something.

At this point if Garrett were fired I would probably give Kellen Moore his shot at it.

Richard and Marinelli aren’t setting the world on fire on defense either.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
No just those that continually whine get that straight.
When are you gonna learn that your whining isn't gonna stop other people's whining?

You like to preach "positivity" yet continue to argue, insult, and stoop down to the people you claim as "haters".

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
When are you gonna learn that your whining isn't gonna stop other people's whining?

You like to preach "positivity" yet continue to argue, insult, and stoop down to the people you claim as "haters".
It has stopped some of the whining. Pay attention.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
It has stopped some of the whining. Pay attention.
Lol even if that were true, you're completely missing my point.

You want people to be chill and stop with the negativity by giving into the negativity. You're exactly as bad as the people you despise.

If you were truly about positivity, you wouldn't be being so mean and negative towards others. You would ignore them, and keep your zen. You're being a hypocrite at this point.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Lol even if that were true, you're completely missing my point.

You want people to be chill and stop with the negativity by giving into the negativity. You're exactly as bad as the people you despise.

If you were truly about positivity, you wouldn't be being so mean and negative towards others. You would ignore them, and keep your zen. You're being a hypocrite at this point.
Not sorry I’ve upset you. Just the opposite.

catiii

Reaction score
Some have made this point already but I'll reiterate: It's easy to be a JG hater and I've succumbed to the temptation in the past, but the devil ya know is usually better than the devil ya don't!!
It could be much much worse than JG including some tosser who, upon hire, immediately sacks Kellen Moore so he can do OC himself :eek: and I KNOW no one wants to lose Moore at the hands of some new HC.:eek:

No way I'd sack Garrett now. I'm now on board with keeping the stability - no steep turns (as long as we don't crash and burn - then all bets are off!! - and by that I mean not making the playoffs or one and done both of which would be biz as usual and require a reset of the HC position imo. I think everyone can agree on that one.)
We've got the missing piece now I think in Moore and JG played a part in that. :clap:

Let's see how it plays out!

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
in his history he does well, then not. then well, then not. when we get past that i'll get excited.

maybe.
ice--i agree...his hot and cold coaching history is difficult to really get excited about...2016 when he won coach of the year i think just fell in his lap with Dak and Zeke balling

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ice--i agree...his hot and cold coaching history is difficult to really get excited about...2016 when he won coach of the year i think just fell in his lap with Dak and Zeke balling

He just lucked into the coach of the year thing because his team was playing so well. Got it.