prospects who compare to Troy Polamalu

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
in regards to size and aggression, Troy came out listed as 5'10" 206:

Oregon SS Patrick Chung -- 5'11" 212 (fast and with a great burst, versatile, also #1 rated SS in his draft class)
South Carolina SS Emanuel Cook -- 5'9" 197 (not as fast, but has same great burst and hitting style)
Montana FS Colt Anderson -- 5'10" 194 (big-hitter with nice explosion, smart)

now these guys could roam around the field making a bunch of plays

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2709742 said:
6 foot..205..guess who?

he doesn't have quite that seperate-the-ball-from-the-ball-carrier hitting ability

and he's 6' 202 :) pretty lean

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2709745 said:
he doesn't have quite that seperate-the-ball-from-the-ball-carrier hitting ability

and he's 6' 202 :) pretty lean

:laugh2: He can put on 5-10 pounds no problem. He hits like Bobby Sanders. I've seen Bob miss tackles several times.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2709751 said:
:laugh2: He can put on 5-10 pounds no problem. He hits like Bobby Sanders. I've seen Bob miss tackles several times.

and still be slower than Patrick Chung :laugh1:

don't get me wrong, Delmas can hit, but these other guys are a bit more explosive in how they tackle

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2709756 said:
and still be slower than Patrick Chung :laugh1:

don't get me wrong, Delmas can hit, but these other guys are a bit more explosive in how they tackle

Slower? Um have you seen Delmas ever play? They are probably the same as far as football speed, but what separates Delmas is his play recognition skills. He blows up screens and doesn't bite on play action plays, plus he's extremely smart..Chung on the other hand gets a boner for pump fakes..which turns him around and allows the long ball. I suggest you go back and watch the USC and Cal games where they just make a mockery out of him. He's a great physical specimen but poor mentally.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2709764 said:
Slower? Um have you seen Delmas ever play? They are probably the same as far as football speed, but what separates Delmas is his play recognition skills. He blows up screens and doesn't bite on play action plays, plus he's extremely smart..Chung on the other hand gets a boner for pump fakes..which turns him around and allows the long ball. He's a great physical specimen but poor mentally.

the guys at NFLDS say he's instinctive, and that he reads the action quickly

they say that Delmas can be beaten by play-action

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2709767 said:

LOL some intern must have swapped their files.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2709767 said:

show me a safety who doesn't? i'm gonna miss you 2 debating over the prospects after the draft.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2709792 said:
show me a safety who doesn't? i'm gonna miss you 2 debating over the prospects after the draft.

I was just pointing out that Chung isn't the only safety to bite on play-fakes

Mr. Delmas does too

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
the Chung vs Delmas debate is becoming funny. Both of them would help us. I currently have Delmas ranked ahead but I'd be happy with Chung.

People have difference of opinions on players. Most NFL scouts and/or scouting services/websites have Stafford as the #1 QB but there are many out there who prefer Sanchez.

Back to the safeties, if Delmas or Chung or any of these safeties were can't miss, sure-thing superstars, we'd have ZERO chance at drafting them at 51. They both have some questions about them. Hopefully the Cowboy scouts (the same scouts who's liked Tashard Choice and Orlando Scandrick and not the scouts who liked Jacob Rogers and Bobby Carpenter) have seen something they like in a safety or two and we are able to draft one of them.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2709820 said:
the Chung vs Delmas debate is becoming funny. Both of them would help us. I currently have Delmas ranked ahead but I'd be happy with Chung.

People have difference of opinions on players. Most NFL scouts and/or scouting services/websites have Stafford as the #1 QB but there are many out there who prefer Sanchez.

Back to the safeties, if Delmas or Chung or any of these safeties were can't miss, sure-thing superstars, we'd have ZERO chance at drafting them at 51. They both have some questions about them. Hopefully the Cowboy scouts (the same scouts who's liked Tashard Choice and Orlando Scandrick and not the scouts who liked Jacob Rogers and Bobby Carpenter) have seen something they like in a safety or two and we are able to draft one of them.

what about the original point to the thread?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2709798 said:
I was just pointing out that Chung isn't the only safety to bite on play-fakes

Mr. Delmas does too

Of course Delmas does, but Chung does it on a regular basis.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2709792 said:

LOL we'll still debate when Delmas is tearing it up in New England or Dallas and Chung is riding the pine somewhere else.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2709820 said:

Ahh Chris! I can't beleive you actually like Chung..you should know first hand that Chung is a liabilty. Sure he makes a few plays but USC toasted him!

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2709860 said:
why do you think Delmas is going to New England? they already have Brandon Merriweather

Because Harrison isn't coming back and safety is need there. They also pick twice before us.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2709825 said:
what about the original point to the thread?

considering size/speed ratio and a willingness to hit, I'd say Chung is very similar to Polamalu.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2709868 said:
they play the same position

So? Bill has stated himself that coverage safeties are more needed nowadays..plus they've shown high interest in him.