prospects who compare to Troy Polamalu

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2709879 said:
So? Bill has stated himself that coverage safeties are more needed nowadays..plus they've shown high interest in him.

they're probably high on alot of players

Bill did say that 2 coverage safeties are needed, but he didn't say that you needed 2 free safeties back there

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2709871 said:
considering size/speed ratio and a willingness to hit, I'd say Chung is very similar to Polamalu.
but his name is Chung and he doesn't look like a Chung...

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2709857 said:
Ahh Chris! I can't beleive you actually like Chung..you should know first hand that Chung is a liabilty. Sure he makes a few plays but USC toasted him!

I came into this season excited about Chung. After watching him this season I was having Roy Williams flashbacks.

Here's what has him still high on my "board". He is younger than most prospects and he is very athletic. He can be coached up. If he is dedicated to his craft, he will get in the film room and learn how to read offenses and hopefully improve his deep coverage.

The one thing that keeps me thinking this kid will be okay is the fact that Oregon had him returning kicks. Oregon has their pick of about a dozen guys who are lights out fast and athletic, so for them to give the duties to Chung says alot to me.

By the way, I have Sean Smith #1, Delmas #2, and Chung #3. I also like Derek Pegues. I want no part of Michael Hamlin, Chip Vaughn, or Kevin Ellison.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2709893 said:
from wikipedia

Chung is bi-racial, his father being half-Chinese, half-Jamaican and mother Jamaican.

So he is 3/4 Jamaican and 1/4 Chinese. He has his father's name.
he shoulda take his fathers name instead. Patrick Mon or Patrick bloodclot sounds much better than Patrick Chung. atleast we know he's got some smarts in him

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2709888 said:
I came into this season excited about Chung. After watching him this season I was having Roy Williams flashbacks.

Here's what has him still high on my "board". He is younger than most prospects and he is very athletic. He can be coached up. If he is dedicated to his craft, he will get in the film room and learn how to read offenses and hopefully improve his deep coverage.

The one thing that keeps me thinking this kid will be okay is the fact that Oregon had him returning kicks. Oregon has their pick of about a dozen guys who are lights out fast and athletic, so for them to give the duties to Chung says alot to me.

By the way, I have Sean Smith #1, Delmas #2, and Chung #3. I also like Derek Pegues. I want no part of Michael Hamlin, Chip Vaughn, or Kevin Ellison.

Ya he can be coached up, but so can any other prospect. Most of these guys are talented as hell, I just wouldn't pick Chung so high..in the 3rd then ya maybe but not at 51. I guess the only thing going for him on the Cowboys is that we have Sensy and Hamlin already so he wouldn't have to be thrown to the wolves, but can easily transition later on. I'm trying to keep my options open about him but it's hard lol..the tapes don't lie and there's some bad tape on him.

I agree with your S list but I actually have Pegues at #3 and Chung at 4

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;2709820 said:
the Chung vs Delmas debate is becoming funny. Both of them would help us. I currently have Delmas ranked ahead but I'd be happy with Chung.

People have difference of opinions on players. Most NFL scouts and/or scouting services/websites have Stafford as the #1 QB but there are many out there who prefer Sanchez.

Back to the safeties, if Delmas or Chung or any of these safeties were can't miss, sure-thing superstars, we'd have ZERO chance at drafting them at 51. They both have some questions about them. Hopefully the Cowboy scouts (the same scouts who's liked Tashard Choice and Orlando Scandrick and not the scouts who liked Jacob Rogers and Bobby Carpenter) have seen something they like in a safety or two and we are able to draft one of them.

Those are some great observations. The Cowboys scouts will know who to take, imo. The Cowboys could use a couple of safeties, and when you follow the money, the SS spot has a player signed for one year. Now, if he plays well, Jerry Jones will pay him. The NFP liked the signing, and the Cowboys really like Sensabaugh. He is a cover safety at the SS positon. However, what if he blows up, and you can't afford him? I don't want to see Ken Hamlin letting Amad Bradshaw, Stephen Jackson, Ryan Grant, LeRon McClain, Willis Magahee, and that dude for the Lions in 2007 running all over the place, because of Ken Hamlin's weak tackling in space. That would be what you would be seeing with Ken Hamlin at SS.

Plus, players like David Brutton and Chris Clemons could be drafted lower and play special teams and develop behind Ken Hamlin, a big money player at FS.

The debate, imo, should be between Louis Delmas and Rashad Johnson at FS. Johnson had 100+ tackles one year at "Bama. He is a ballhawk, and he has Nick Saban's training. He reads route combinations fast and runs faster than Delmas. He's smooth and physical and a third rounder. Plus, Chip Vaughn might be had at 69, and he would be a great value pick at safety. He would cover you at SS if Sensabaugh leaves after his one year deal. He could play special teams. He can play centerfield. Plus, he made the calls at Wake Forest and lined everyone up. They played multliple coverages.

In my opinion, which probably gets old for some, the value is clear if you absolutely want a safety with one of the first two picks:

Louis Delmas 2nd Round

VS

Rashad Johnson/Chip Vaughn 3rd Round

Why take Delmas in round 2 when you can draft a player just as good or better in round 3?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2709894 said:
tell me you didn't think about that when you 1st saw him

:lmao: Not gunna lie when I first heard of him a few years ago I thought "man, you don't see many asain safeties" then I saw him without his helmet and like whaaaaat! He just look black!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
thanks jerryadvocate i know about 2 of them, but not the last one, thanks for the heads up

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2709912 said:
:lmao: Not gunna lie when I first heard of him a few years ago I thought "man, you don't see many asain safeties" then I saw him without his helmet and like whaaaaat! He just look black!
:lmao2: same here

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
41gy#;2709905 said:
Louis Delmas 2nd Round

VS

Rashad Johnson/Chip Vaughn 3rd Round

Why take Delmas in round 2 when you can draft a player just as good or better in round 3.

See, that's where the debate starts..Johnson or Chippy do not compare to Delmas.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
interesting about Emanuel Cooke is that he played in a similar type position as Troy Polamalu plays in Pittsburgh, South Carolina played in a 4-2-5 scheme on D, so Cooke was pretty much just asked to roam around and make plays

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2709925 said:
See, that's where the debate starts..Johnson or Chippy do not compare to Delmas.

why not? Delmas is not that big, not that fast, not as productive as Johnson

frankly, he aint that special

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2709930 said:

:eek: http://i12.***BLOCKED***/albums/a239/OMGSPOFI/oh_snap.gif

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2709930 said:

Jeff (Big D): hey matt if your on with randy today give him crap. I was wondering what you think dallas might go after with there first pick

sn2.gif
Matt Mosley: That's a given, Jeff. Today is "Tuesdays with Mosley" at 5 p.m. I'll reveal who the Cowboys are going to pick at No. 51. I'll give you a hint: He plays safety and he attended Western Michigan.