Proud of the Cowboys

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vintage;1837612 said:
You can't blame the defense for this. At all.

The game was lost by our offense, starting with inept QB play.

Oh no question that the offense should deserve most of the blame but the defense hasn't created a turnover in two-weeks. That's troubling.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;1837535 said:
Sorry, can't say that today.

They're 12-2, but they executed poorly, the play calling was atrocious (look at the run stats vs the pass stats), and didn't seem to have any answer.

Romo was awful. He looked unprepared. The NFL coverage looked like a soap opera showing Jessica Simpson about 5 times.

There was no reason we should have lost this game. Opportunities were missed, and by a lot.

This is not a championship team. Any team can beat them. We scored 6 points when our average was 32. This was an awful day, and IMO, it was inexcusable.
Were the Colts a championship team when they lost to the Texans last year? Were the Patriots when they lost to the Dolphins? To say we are not a championship team based on today alone is simple plain wrong.

DMX690

Reaction score
Jimz31;1837629 said:
Not proud of them today at all...I don't care what the record is right now....this is a "What have you done for me lately league. Ask any player or coach and you will get the same answer.

Luckily for us, this wasn't the playoffs. How proud would you be then?

You're right this wouldn't a playoff game. This lost was needed, so everyone can refocus on the task at hand. Coaches and players.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
SultanOfSix;1837599 said:
What does that mean? So what?

You can say that about every SB loser too.

Exactly ..... this is the NFL .... any team can beat any other team.

To think we are gonna have a perfect season is unrealistic and shows how much Football people have watched over the years.

The 90's Cowboys lost to bad teams during their Superbowl runs .... it happens.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1837648 said:
Oh no question that the offense should deserve most of the blame but the defense hasn't created a turnover in two-weeks. That's troubling.

Last week's defense was troubling, but not bec. they failed to generate a turnover.

This week's defense played great for the most part. Faulting them for failing to create a turnover seems a bit trivial since they did what they were supposed to do. They held a team to 10 points. If our defense could do that every week, I'd be booking us for #6 this year.

Romo essentially snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
windward;1837655 said:
Were the Colts a championship team when they lost to the Texans last year? Were the Patriots when they lost to the Dolphins? To say we are not a championship team based on today alone is simple plain wrong.

The Colts weren't faced with facing a strong NFC team in the SB either.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vintage;1837696 said:
Last week's defense was troubling, but not bec. they failed to generate a turnover.

This week's defense played great for the most part. Faulting them for failing to create a turnover seems a bit trivial since they did what they were supposed to do. They held a team to 10 points. If our defense could do that every week, I'd be booking us for #6 this year.

Romo essentially snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Oh I agree.

Romo was horrid. It's that simple.

Undisputed

Reaction score
zrinkill;1837679 said:
Exactly ..... this is the NFL .... any team can beat any other team.

To think we are gonna have a perfect season is unrealistic and shows how much Football people have watched over the years.

The 90's Cowboys lost to bad teams during their Superbowl runs .... it happens.

True that. We lost today because we didn't show up. Not because we suck.

With our heads in the game we can take down anyone. Play like we did today and anyone can beat us. But how many other times have we played like we did today on offense? 2 games out of 14? I'll take those odds into the playoffs.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MichaelWinicki;1837699 said:
The Colts weren't faced with facing a strong NFC team in the SB either.

Huh? They faced all their strong competition in the playoffs ... whats the difference?

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I dont understand why some people here look at losses and think they are ok, certainly you cant win them all,but that was embarrasing today. You should be peaking getting ready for the playoffs, I'm not so sure we are peaking. I knew we would loose another game, but geez,not like that!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
zrinkill;1837501 said:
12-2 is an incredible accomplishment .....

If anyone would have told me before the year started that we would be 12-2 with losses only to the Pats and the Eagles I would have laughed.

Thanks Cowboys and I hope the injuries we suffered are not to serious.

(By the way ..... we still are the leaders in the NFC)

:lmao2:
They deserve props for the season thus far, definitely. today not so much. But this team deserves some slack after winning 12 of 14 and 7 of 8

9xxx11

Reaction score
good job ROMO on sucking on this game.... guess jessica thinks the same:lmao2:.. too bad some fans will doubt u now!!!!!!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
diehard2231;1837719 said:
I dont understand why some people here look at losses and think they are ok, certainly you cant win them all,but that was embarrasing today. You should be peaking getting ready for the playoffs, I'm not so sure we are peaking. I knew we would loose another game, but geez,not like that!
I repeat, were the Colts peaking last year?

eldog

Reaction score
I agree this loss could be good but with the injuries suffered which I hope none are severe you have to be a little worried with the next two road games. I know for a fact the the Panther game will almost be a home game for the Cowboys played in Carolina with most of their fans already giving up on the Panthers. We will have two back up QBs playing against us but I thought we might need to rest some players. They will have to rest during the bye week.

Parche

Reaction score
My most big and only concern right now are injuries, and I believe that this team is more alike the 12 games that they`ve won, than the other two that we´ve lost... But no, we´re no invincible, but please, please dont be a short-memory dude and start yelling and screaming after a game like this.
And just one feeling tells me the most bout this team... After all these games this season, I was almost sure we would pull this game off and win it... It sucks how it ended, but the confidence that Ive had on the team after all the bad plays made today, it says a lot to me about what to expect bout the boys, GO COWBOYS!

HogsRLegends

Reaction score
You should be proud. 12-2 is 12-2. 6-7 is 6-7. I can't gloat at this point. By the way, I didn't say anything racist yesterday, so don't smear my name.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
HogsRLegends;1837898 said:
You should be proud. 12-2 is 12-2. 6-7 is 6-7. I can't gloat at this point. By the way, I didn't say anything racist yesterday, so don't smear my name.

Yes you did .... now go away.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
12-2 is what it is. But, at this point record matters not. We should be hitting our stride for the real season. We win out and go 14-2 who cares? No matter how logical or level headed you are you can't be happy right now.