Punt Returner Options?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well Austin has fumbling problems returning punts and I am always afraid Beez is going to get broken doing it. We need to develope someone.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Cole Beasley is a fair catcher, nothing more nothing less. He goes in the game when the other team is punting from their own 45 and + yardage.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
If it's all about ability give me Tavon. Reliability give me Cole.

At the end of the day of we can get control of Austin's fumbling issues then he should be back there.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
What are the options other than Tavon Austin?

On offense I'm anxious to see Austin but I hope they don't plan on him being the top Punt Returner.

Cole Beasley
Tavon Austin
Cedrick Wilson
Jourdon Lewis
Chidobe Awuzie
Other

Deonte Thompson. Not sure if he has returned punts though. Cross Beasely off on my list. Been there done that. In a pinch only

John813

Reaction score
Maybe look into signing Dez Bryant for punt returns?

Honestly though, I think Austin is their hopeful #1 until he starts fumbling. Then it'll be Mr. Faircatch out there.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
come on use Rico.. it would be like a demolition derby. he could knock a few out and also get knocked out...

jday

Reaction score
"the Legend Rico".......
The idea could actually have merit. Line him up as a first line blocker, then once the ball comes off the shoe, have him drop back to the endzone and ...

giphy.gif

conner01

Reaction score
Austin needs to be watching punt returns, not returning them
Besides Beasley who else has experience as a punt returner
It’s not a job for someone who’s never done it

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amazing we have so many experts that say Austin can’t return punts. Well guess not so amazing as that is why they are posting and not coaching. :laugh:

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
What are the options other than Tavon Austin?

On offense I'm anxious to see Austin but I hope they don't plan on him being the top Punt Returner.

Cole Beasley
Tavon Austin
Cedrick Wilson
Jourdon Lewis
Chidobe Awuzie
Other
Other TO

GenoT

Reaction score
There’s still plenty of time until September. Guessing that everyone applicable who’s currently on the roster will get a look at PR.

And who knows...? Could end up being some yet-unknown camp-body.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amazing we have so many experts that say Austin can’t return punts. Well guess not so amazing as that is why they are posting and not coaching. :laugh:

Did anybody say he couldn't do it?

That seem like a strawman.

My concern is having another option (other than Beasley).

I'm tentatively OK trying Austin but he needs to be sure-handed in the preseason.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Well, considering throughout his career he's fumbled/muffed about every 1 in 10 chances during PRs, it's not a stretch to think that maybe PR is not a position for him. He has speed and has 3 career TDs, but his last PR TD was also 3 years ago and that's a big risk for the reward. Sometimes the juice just ain't worth the squeeze.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
First, why hasn't Gallup been brought up yet? He's a 3rd round WR rookie, he's gonna get a chance before September.

I also think Lewis gets a chance, especially if he really does end up with a smaller role on defense by season opener.

I don't think they like using Beasley because they don't get much out of him. They just don't trust anyone else to do it. I think if Beasley is the PR guy again then they'll be disappointed about it.