Put Steele Back at RT and Nsekhe in at LT if No TSmith

conner01

Reaction score
Pickup up twists and stunts, identifying blitzes; unspoken collaboration. It has nothing to do with crowd noise. It's about knowing your teammates and coordinating adjustments on the fly.
That’s another reason I wanted Collins at LT because that leaves the rest of the oline in place

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The 2nd best LT on the team is Martin...you move Martin...insert McGovern. How stupid do you got to be to try last Sundays lineup again?

terra

Reaction score
Steele completely sucked at LT and thus there are only two real alternatives. Collins is the logical choice. For those that want Martin as the saying goes you weaken one position immensely if you do that.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Lemmee see, move Martin to LT, CWill to C, McGovern to RG, Collins to LG, Steele stays at RT, .....checkmate. Dammm all these moves just to cover up TSmith's absence. Do we still keep Dak at QB or bring Rush in just in case all hell breaks loose?

Loso86

Reaction score
It was a better performing group.

The OL was awful yesterday, probably dealing with communication issues, poor technique and breakdowns with line adjustments.
Rather have 71 at LT

plymkr

Reaction score
I really hope we address T in the draft. Both RT and LT. We can't count on Tyron due to injuries and we can't count on Collins due to immaturity and dedication. Time to retool both positions. Or at least get better backups than Ty N.

I'm really disappointed in Collins after 2020 and so far in 2021. Ridiculous.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

The OL was awful yesterday, probably dealing with communication issues, poor technique and breakdowns with line adjustments.

I think that's the best solution too. If La'el is committed, he's the best talent, but after listening to Nate Newton go off on Collins, I don't know if LC will ever get it.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I agree 100 percent. Nsekhe may have some lapses but he has at least played and started at left tackle in the NFL before.

And he would probably have to try to be worse than Steele was against Denver. Hate to pile on Steele for one bad game but the guy belongs on the right side.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I was thinking that too. Steele at right tackle is the best performing of Collins at right tackle and Nsehke at left. Nsehke was better at left tackle than steele.
It's a tough situation. I think moving steel to the left was a sign that they really want Collins back at RT.

RonWashington

Reaction score

If I’m not mistaken Nsehke started in Buffalo which lately has been successful . The guys not a bum I say yes put him on the left side and ether Steele or Collins on the right. Philbin looks at film he can see who’s grading out better between 78 & 71.

willia451

Reaction score
This.

I get such a chuckle out of the folks here. They always think there is a magic fix for everything.
VbFobhO.jpg

Gaede

Reaction score
I really hope they go back to Steele at RT. Why make two spots worse by moving him? I think they were trying to quietly move him back to swing tackle without overtly benching him. Which is stupid, cause he looked great at RT and our line was kicking *** every week.

starfan1

Reaction score
Tyron is a mountain of a man but this an annual event time to go shopping

Creeper

Reaction score
I have given this a little more thought and I can see both arguments. Steele was not good at LT, but it was his first game playing there. Maybe he learned something from that game and will be better next week. The Falcons have only 11 sacks this season. They are near the bottom of the league. Maybe this is the game for Steele to find himself at LT.

On the other hand, Maybe it made more sense for the Cowboys to stick with their plan. Steele is the RT and Nsekhe is the backup LT. The question is who are the 5 best? Maybe Nsekhe, Collins, Biadasz, Martin and Steele are the 5 best. And when Tryon comes back, He simply plugs in at LT.

At the same time, this team was 6-1 with Tyron, Williams, Biadasz, Martin and Steele.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I fear that the Cowboys (Jerry) are pushing too hard to get Collins back on the field. He is not the player we saw before 2020. Steele is solid at RT, but way out of his comfort and ability zone at LT.