Put Steele Back at RT and Nsekhe in at LT if No TSmith

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It was a better performing group.

The OL was awful yesterday, probably dealing with communication issues, poor technique and breakdowns with line adjustments.
no, you put collins at LT....Nsheke was a disaster..... but yes, Steele back to RT

blueblood70

Reaction score
This reminded me of the Doug free Marc Colombo situation in the playoff loss to the Vikings years ago. By moving Steele to LT you create 2 problems where you only had 1
nice though BUT we dont know if it would have been any better as the entire OL was being whooped hard to start judging one or two payers on offense..they were simply bad and BTW the Vikings game i saw Steele whif on few plays that one fumble by rush both pollard and steele both completely missed the block and it caused fumble/...

sometimes you get your assed whopped and that that..

let be clear Steel is not better then collins..whether its left or right hes simply a better player and this was more of coincidence and hopefully an anomaly..

we will be fine.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I fear that the Cowboys (Jerry) are pushing too hard to get Collins back on the field. He is not the player we saw before 2020. Steele is solid at RT, but way out of his comfort and ability zone at LT.

Steele probably hasn't been getting many practice snaps at LT for a while. Like Collins hasn't had any real snaps in a long time.

Depends a lot on when Tyron might be coming back. Could be they don't expect him back this year, and so are lining up Steele and Collins as the best long term options at LT and RT.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Tyron Smith is just so good we take him for granted. Yes he gets hurt, but when he is out there he is one of the best at the position.

That's the tough thing with Tyron. He misses games, but when he's healthy he makes a huge difference.

PFF had him graded this year at the highest of his career. That's saying something.

With the evident talent of Steele, who I think should be ok as a backup LT with more practice at it, going with Tyron when healthy and Steele otherwise is probably our best option for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: BAT

glimmerman

Reaction score

The OL was awful yesterday, probably dealing with communication issues, poor technique and breakdowns with line adjustments.
I am sure they are going with the best option. I trust them putting the best players on the field but it’s about them performing.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Collins will not hold up at LT.

He wasnt looking right and now the reports say he was taking oxygen in between the possessions , we were on the field offensively about 15-20 minutes , if his conditioning is that bad , I dont have words to express my dismay without getting banned.

Soth

Reaction score
no, you put collins at LT....Nsheke was a disaster..... but yes, Steele back to RT

I agree. I think Nsheke will get destroyed at LT. Collins will probably struggle too but he has the talent to make it work. The question is whether Collins is motivated and in good shape. We really have no ideal solution but we all agree Steele needs to go back to RT.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I am sure they are going with the best option. I trust them putting the best players on the field but it’s about them performing.
I really like this coaching staff. Philben is an excellent OL coach. I worry about influences from the Owner's Suite.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Steele probably hasn't been getting many practice snaps at LT for a while. Like Collins hasn't had any real snaps in a long time.

Depends a lot on when Tyron might be coming back. Could be they don't expect him back this year, and so are lining up Steele and Collins as the best long term options at LT and RT.
I hope Collins can hack it because it may ruin Steele.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
MM leaving Steele at LT is the height of stupidity.

Steele was abyssmal in both run and pass blocking.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Playing the swing tackle at LT is "getting cute" but moving a guy who hasn't played LT since college (7 years ago) and who the coaches clearly think isn't up to it is the sensible approach. Got it.

Neschke got pushed back into Rush on almost every passing play when he was in there vs Minn.

Put Collins in there and give him some help with the running back etc. At least if Steele is back at RT you don't have to worry about both sides.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
That Steele is worst run blocking RT on OL is not a surprise.

But at LT, he is a disaster.

Lael has his warts, but he is a bulldozer in run game.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
How about we draft a quality LT since Tyron Smith has proven he can't stay healthy anymore?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I honestly feel retaining Steele at LT, instead of RT will prove a mistake. If he was successful at RT, keeping him there should only help him to improve enough to stay put for the long haul. La'el Collins has apparently allowed himself to get sadly out of shape and can't handle either OT position. Perhaps either Nsekhe or the rookie Josh Ball would be available to handle manning LT soon, if not immediately. No telling how long it might take Collins to recover his skills, if ever.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Don't want to see Nsekhe anywhere on the field, Rather Collins play left tackle and leave Steele at right tackle.....Cowboys made a mistake playing Steele at left tackle and Collins at right tackle last week
Yeah, this would be the lineup I would do.
Nseke is not at strong nor quick,

DandyDon52

Reaction score

True but jerry would have to approve of that, and he wont lol
he wants lael at RT