QB Analysis Week 2 Trey Lance

sbark

Reaction score
This video reminds me of why I dislike west coast offenses.....lots of dink and dunk
The long handoff offence

Constructed to combat that 85 Bears instant pressure D
It’s won a lot of games & titles

But yes....not as fun to watch vrs the 18 yd Lazer

shabazz

Reaction score
The long handoff offence

Constructed to combat that 85 Bears instant pressure D
It’s won a lot of games & titles

But yes....not as fun to watch vrs the 18 yd Lazer
All that motion to throw a 3 yard out....sheesh

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If we stay the course & Lance develops nicely, will anyone give Jerry credit for the trade?
Only have one more year to stay the course though. Bad timing if he does get better. I know this won’t win many fans but Trey feels like another Quincy Carter. Maybe through hard work and good coaching can make something out of those athletic talents in a raw unprepared QB.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Looks like Trey doesnt scan the other side , he looks left then stays left, looks right , stays right.
I'm pretty sure that is MM's read progression. You determine left / right in a pre-snap or early read than you focus on one side of the field. You then have a high / low read.

I think its a pretty good system and simplifies things for the QB, which allows them to think fast. Garrett's "read the whole field" system puts a lot of burden on the QB and is just begging to create mistakes.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
But do you think many will?
No and he shouldn’t. I was for the trade but even I admitted it was stupid to trade a 4th that high for him.

On one hand you find a franchise qb no one should care where the pick came.

But it’s like the Quincy Carter trade. You took a 4th round qb in the 2nd. Maybe if QC ended up being a franchise qb no one would’ve cared.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Only have one more year to stay the course though. Bad timing if he does get better. I know this won’t win many fans but Trey feels like another Quincy Carter. Maybe through hard work and good coaching can make something out of those athletic talents in a raw unprepared QB.
I thought about that watching him last game. It did feel a lot like QC.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
No and he shouldn’t. I was for the trade but even I admitted it was stupid to trade a 4th that high for him.

On one hand you find a franchise qb no one should care where the pick came.

But it’s like the Quincy Carter trade. You took a 4th round qb in the 2nd. Maybe if QC ended up being a franchise qb no one would’ve cared.
It was a low 4th. If you draft a QB in the 4th and they become a solid backup I'd say that's a good pick. Half of our 4th round picks don't even make the team.