RELEASED QB Coach Nussmeier won't return

WhizKid

Reaction score
This would have been the move to make rather than firing Moore.

I wish they could pull Romo out of the announcers booth, and get he and Dak on the same page working together. The knowledge and insight Romo could share with Dak would be one of the best possible options.

People have said, Dak and Romo didn't get along, or whatever. But I remember Romo was a tremendous help to Dak when he first got into the league.
One of Dak's weakest points of his game is pocket awareness and movement. Romo thrived in this area. This could really help Dak's game.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yeah, but no. McC clearly is going to be in the frame of mind now that he has to put people he trusts up and down the staff. Almost certain to be someone he's had some personal experience with.
Yep, this tells me that Fat Mike was told "you got 1 more year, you can hire or fire anybody you want but if we get bounced early next year thats it".

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
With Nussmeir out as well .... Out with the Rythm time based offense ... In with West Coast offense

McCarthy wants Dak coming to him on the sidelines .. not Kellen and Muss.

Dak is being re-invented ...having to learn a new offense
They literally took Garrett's/Moore's playbook and tossed it in the crapper:laugh:

We are going full West Coast...........this either fixes Dak or we get confirmation that he aint the guy..............sink or swim time of Mr. $40 million.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What if the QB needs better players around him? Higgins and Chase were monsters for the Bengals tonight. Kelce and Valdez Scantling carried the Chiefs hobbled receiver unit.

Dallas has Lamb and…..
If the QB needs better players around him, he cant demand $40 million.

If you pay your QB $40 million, he has to be able to get by with less..............if he cant, you either have to pay him less or get somebody else that is cheaper so you can get better surrounding talent.

Bottom line..............you cant pay Dak like he is Mahhomes if Dak is closer to being Ryan Tannehill and needs probowlers everywhere to look good.

This move of firing all the offensive coaches allows us to determine if Dak is closer to Mahhomes or Tannehill so we know what direction to go in 2024.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
They literally took Garrett's/Moore's playbook and tossed it in the crapper:laugh:

We are going full West Coast...........this either fixes Dak or we get confirmation that he aint the guy..............sink or swim time of Mr. $40 million.
kellen-moore.gif

LittleD

Reaction score
None of this matters until I see a thread titled:

GM Jones Won't Return

Don't worry. I'm not holding my breath.
One of the Jones' family will always return. The Cowboys are a family business and his 3 children are embedded and entrenched.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

Pretty much. It's sink or swim. We can use the 1 June cut if needed next year.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
If the QB needs better players around him, he cant demand $40 million.

If you pay your QB $40 million, he has to be able to get by with less..............if he cant, you either have to pay him less or get somebody else that is cheaper so you can get better surrounding talent.

Bottom line..............you cant pay Dak like he is Mahhomes if Dak is closer to being Ryan Tannehill and needs probowlers everywhere to look good.

This move of firing all the offensive coaches allows us to determine if Dak is closer to Mahhomes or Tannehill so we know what direction to go in 2024.
:hammer::hammer:.......and this is the reason why I dont agree that Dak's going to be extended (maybe conversion some money into the void years to get by). Dak look over your shoulder, you're in the Last Chance Saloon.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Dak's theme song for the WR's and coaches he has canceled out in Dallas: "Another one bites the dust"

I find it amazing how the idiots in charge in Dallas and the Dakfanatics on here continue to defend Dak and how Dak leaves so many casualties in his wake of mediocrity.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Pretty much. It's sink or swim. We can use the 1 June cut if needed next year.
:hammer:....yep, the Safety Blanket isnt a secure as some Dak Fan's believe. We can save $34m in a Post 6/1/24 cut.....that's on top of the $80 Cap space which can be used in the FA market. Last chance Dak.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
:hammer:....yep, the Safety Blanket isnt a secure as some Dak Fan's believe. We can save $34m in a Post 6/1/24 cut.....that's on top of the $80 Cap space which can be used in the FA market. Last chance Dak.

Id like to see us draft Max Duggan from TCU in rounds 2-4. I think he's got the potential to be a really good QB. One that I think would fit what we are going to try to do at QB with the WCO.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Good, he can get the F out also.

QB throwing picks all over the field every dam game and all the offensive coaches dont do a dam thing about it.
What would you like the coaches to do? Go on the field, get Dak out of the huddle, and throw the passes himself?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Id like to see us draft Max Duggan from TCU in rounds 2-4. I think he's got the potential to be a really good QB. One that I think would fit what we are going to try to do at QB with the WCO.
I agree ...the search for Dak's replacement should start now. A bit like Tyler Smith who I'm sure was drafted as the LT of the future (even if he was a project) and taking into account the this year's average at best LT crop.
Get options in place.

bigE79

Reaction score
Cant wait till next year to watch these threads explode due to us only scoring 9 points per game!
Damn,that's only 3 points less than we scored against the 9ers..were doomed...lol

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I agree ...the search for Dak's replacement should start now. A bit like Tyler Smith who I'm sure was drafted as the LT of the future (even if he was a project) and taking into account the this year's average at best LT crop.
Get options in place.
As I said in another thread, I argued for Dak's extension to serve as a 4 year bridge. Two to fix the defence, and two to find his replacement. Other than NT and another CB perhaps, our defence is ready and we have the coach there. On offense, we need help, and the time has come to get some QBs to try to see who can replace Dak adequately. My suggestion is draft Duggan in rounds 2-4 and then draft someone in round 1-2 next year. Duggan would have two years behind Dak, and the other QB would have one. However, it would even out as the other QB would be the higher pick, so less time would be needed. They'd battle for Dak's last season and the offseason. The winner gets the starting job, the loser gets traded for a lot of picks, and teams are always QB hungry. The loser would be able to be a draft pick magnet for us to get as many picks as possible. That way, we can build a juggernaut.