QB Coach on Dak "Teaching the Ropes" to Lance

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Seems to me you were criticizing Romo and his ego for not teaching Dak, but clearly Romo was, as was Sanchez and Moore. Maybe Sanchez did more for him, but doesn't seem like that's a reason to take a shot at Romo, who Dak says helped him as well.

I just thought the facts should be presented instead of misrepresented.
I didn’t criticize him. What I said was Dak said he got more help from Mark than anyone else. I never said Romo didn’t help him. I said in another post I agree with guys like Aaron Rodgers’s wouldn’t do it. Why help someone take your job? I’ll criticize Romo for how he played in the clutch and the playoffs but that’s not what I will criticize him for.

Chasing6

Reaction score
That is an extremely uninformed view...based on a low priority hero categorization. Oh, that took up band width.Woo hoo.
Dude needs to play and has not played. So not possible for him to improve.

jujoboys

Reaction score
When has Jerry ever traded what he values most (draft picks) for a player he viewed as a back up?

Lance will get a chance.
Lance will get a chance to contend for the backup position with Rush (per Jerry). Hopefully he is good enough to win that battle. He wins that battle then we can see where he stacks up against Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, right now it looks like a terrible trade. Especially when there were a ton of RBs still on the board when the 49ers used that 4th round pick we traded them.
They could’ve traded up and got a running back though. I believe Cowboys didn’t want anyone but Brooks. I honestly think they believe Rico and co are as good as what was there in the 4th….

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I didn’t criticize him. What I said was Dak said he got more help from Mark than anyone else. I never said Romo didn’t help him. I said in another post I agree with guys like Aaron Rodgers’s wouldn’t do it. Why help someone take your job? I’ll criticize Romo for how he played in the clutch and the playoffs but that’s not what I will criticize him for.
OK. I must have taken your comment wrongly. You seemed to me to be saying Romo didn't help him much because of ego. There is no evidence to back up such a take.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
OK. I must have taken your comment wrongly. You seemed to me to be saying Romo didn't help him much because of ego. There is no evidence to back up such a take.
I did suggest the ego thing I honestly don’t know why others have suggested he was coming off injury which is why.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
"Every year I'm with him, I'm more impressed with the way he works and the way he leads," Tolzien said of Dak. "He's an elite player and his approach every day. He makes things go here. He's a pleasure to work with for sure."
that is called but kissing?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
M4PzN5K.png