QB Coach on Dak "Teaching the Ropes" to Lance

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I suspect that the other players on the team may be communicating with Lance as well. For example: CD - "No, you do not have to wait until the defender has fallen down & there is no one within 15 yards of me".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Actually, he said he got help from all the older QBs on the team, including Romo, so I guess this is just a Romo bash thing.

Here's from the ESPN article:

He deserves the most credit for his success this season, but he has been quick to praise those around him: offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson and quarterbacks Tony Romo, Mark Sanchez and Kellen Moore.

“They’re the reason I’m prepared for each and every game,” Prescott said. “All the credit goes to each and every one of them. The little different things they bring to me, the little nuances they get from the defense they add into the game plan, that just helps me out. Having all those quarterbacks around me, great quarterbacks, great men, it’s the reason for my preparation each game.”

Not long after suffering a compression fracture against the Seattle Seahawks, Romo sent Prescott a text message.

“I believe in you,” he wrote. “You’re the type of guy I pull for.”

Romo believed he would get the job back when healthy, but his heartfelt speech in November, when his back was fully healed, took any sting away from a possible controversy that could tear at the fabric of the team.

Romo’s help to Prescott has been mostly through relating his experiences.

“He’s been great, helping me out every day on the field, off the field,” Prescott said. “Come Sundays, giving me looks and telling me things that he’s done in the past to beat this coverage or things to look for, [like], ‘We scored on those two drives in a row, expect a blitz now, expect them to throw their game plan away.’ All kinds of things Romo has helped me with. He’s been great.”

Yes, he does go on to praise Sanchez and Moore as well: https://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-co...scott-credits-his-rise-to-the-cowboys-village
How does this contradict what I said?

jujoboys

Reaction score
I no longer want Lance to replace Dak now.

We need an untainted QB to run this team.

It's the "we need coaches that weren't here learning under Garrett" all over again.
I don't think Lance was ever meant to be the one to replace Dak. I think Dallas traded for Lance because they saw an opportunity to upgrade the backup QB position. They were looking for an upgrade to Rush and if Lance turned out to be more then just an upgrade to Rush then that would just be a bonus. If Jerry is truly thinking about replacing Dak then I don't believe that QB is currently on the roster. The draft is the ideal place to get a new QB because of having him on a rookie contract for 4 years but I am not sure how we can get high enough in the draft to snag a good one. Dak thrives in regular season games and we have too much talent on the rest of the roster to fall flat on our faces.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't think Lance was ever meant to be the one to replace Dak. I think Dallas traded for Lance because they saw an opportunity to upgrade the backup QB position. They were looking for an upgrade to Rush and if Lance turned out to be more than just an upgrade to Rush then that would just be a bonus. If Jerry is truly thinking about replacing Dak then I don't believe that QB is currently on the roster. The draft is the ideal place to get a new QB because of having him on a rookie contract for 4 years but I am not sure how we can get high enough in the draft to snag a good one. Dak thrives in regular season games and we have too much talent on the rest of the roster to fall flat on our faces.
I think worse case he’s a backup but I think they had higher hopes than that.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I don't think Lance was ever meant to be the one to replace Dak. I think Dallas traded for Lance because they saw an opportunity to upgrade the backup QB position. They were looking for an upgrade to Rush and if Lance turned out to be more then just an upgrade to Rush then that would just be a bonus. If Jerry is truly thinking about replacing Dak then I don't believe that QB is currently on the roster. The draft is the ideal place to get a new QB because of having him on a rookie contract for 4 years but I am not sure how we can get high enough in the draft to snag a good one. Dak thrives in regular season games and we have too much talent on the rest of the roster to fall flat on our faces.
When has Jerry ever traded what he values most (draft picks) for a player he viewed as a back up?

Lance will get a chance.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How does this contradict what I said?
Seems to me you were criticizing Romo and his ego for not teaching Dak, but clearly Romo was, as was Sanchez and Moore. Maybe Sanchez did more for him, but doesn't seem like that's a reason to take a shot at Romo, who Dak says helped him as well.

I just thought the facts should be presented instead of misrepresented.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not a Romo hater I’m a Romosexual hater lol. It’s not a crime to not help him. Brett didn’t help Aaron. Aaron didn’t help Wilson or Love. I don’t expect anyone to help someone take their job. I don’t blame Romo and I’m sure not gonna make excuses for it.
You have zero proof tony didn't help Dak...or didn't even try. A very NEGATIVE take.