QB comparison of Dak vs other quarterbacks

csirl

Reaction score
All these statistical manipulations and analysis are no substitute for what is plain to see.

For example. I drive a black car. I can see with my own eyes that it is black. I dont need people to put the paintwork through a spectrometer or light wave analysis to tell me what color it is.

The people who start these complex abstract statistical analysis of Dak threads are akin to people telling me that my car is really e.g. grey or blue (but extremely dark shades) rather than black because they've analysed some some color measurements and run them through obscure analysis.

But, in the end of the day, I know my car is black.

Cowboyluck

Reaction score
Dak is an average QB. The only way he wins a super bowl is with a dominate defense like Trent Dilfer had with the Ravens.

DFWJC

Reaction score
PFF Rankings: The NFL's top quarterbacks heading into Super Bowl LIV
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-best-quarterbacks-ahead-of-super-bowl-liv

USATSI_13849872_168386533_lowres.jpg

© Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports
10. DAK PRESCOTT, DALLAS COWBOYS

Prescott had his most productive season since his rookie year, as fresh play-calling and a full year of strong playmakers led to Dallas ranking third in the league with an EPA of 0.23 on passing plays. Prescott ranked among the middle class of quarterbacks in PFF grading in 2017 and 2018, and his 2019 campaign showed that the right supporting cast could lead to high-end production from mid-tier signal-callers. Prescott attacked down the field more than ever, leading to his No. 3 ranking in the league in passing yards on 20-plus yard throws, and he finished fourth in PFF rushing grade at 76.2. Overall, it was a good season for Prescott, who improved his positively graded throws, cut down on the negatives and showed that he could have a top-notch season when given a strong group of receivers.

Key Stat from QB Annual: Prescott averaged 0.26 EPA per dropback on “first read” throws, well above the league average of 0.07.
Not sure about the order, but the 9-14 range is about right, imo.

Some could argue higher or lower, but 10 isn't crazy.

He will get his big contract and be Dallas' QB for a long time.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Dak is an average QB. The only way he wins a super bowl is with a dominate defense like Trent Dilfer had with the Ravens.

In a 16 game season Trent Dilfer barely sniffed 2900 yds let alone Dak's 4900.

ondaedg

Reaction score
Most people here watch very little football outside of the Cowboy game. Unrealistic expectations set in at times because of it.

Yep. There are Zoners who completely forgot that you could actually return a kickoff for a td.

:muttley:

ondaedg

Reaction score
I'm a huge Dak supporter but he isn't the best QB. I have him around the 5-8 spot because Ben, Brady, Rivers, Brees and Rodgers are declining.

If he signs soon I expect 33-35 million a year and I think that's very fair.

Will be a minimum of 35 because of his age and his ability to take a hit on top of all the other tangibles. And even if it's 40 mil its not like that 5mil is going to make or break a team with a cap of 180mil+.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The problem with Dak Prescott is we have no idea what he is or what he is capable of doing. He might be the next coming of Joe Montana for all we know.

And that's because his first 4 years were under "The Clapper" and his bovine clown posse. They were never going to have playoff success and were consistently out coached against the better teams of the NFL. Same thing happened with Romo.

Now Dak's rookie contract is up and it's time to pay the man. But pay him what? How do we know? All we have to look at are stats. And that's why putting the transition tag on him makes no sense. Other teams don't know either.

Nobody does.

We've wasted so many years and so much time. It's criminal.
good post, that is how I see it, we need to see dak and the other players with mike and new staff to know
or judge any of them.
The jones boys waited too long to get a new HC and staff, and it just happens to be at the time daks
contract is up.