QB comparison of Dak vs other quarterbacks

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
I think the term garbage is extreme and meant to counter the Dak comparisons to elite QBs.
I posted a link a while back about Daks redzone passing and it showed his numbers were not very good compared to other QBs. Dak also tends to pour it on against bad teams but is unable to step up against good teams. He can go 3 quarters of bad football and then when the other team is up 30 to 3 and takes their foot off the throat of the Cowboys Dak comes to life in the 4th quarter and hence the garbage time stats.
I used the term garbage because that's what alot of people on here see him as.

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
Because last year he couldn't lead his team to wins when the games meant the most. It's been stated many times NO, Minnesota, NE, Buffalo, and Philadelphia.

All those were on primetime stages and Prescott and the offense were terrible and didn't get it done.

This was a contract year for Prescott and he left questions unanswered. There are still doubts about him after four seasons.
I'm sorry but I dont know what people expect...the guys I listed either were not winning (Brees, Manning) or if they were (Brady, Roth) didnt have to put up the numbers he was able to put up because they were part of a very well coached team. Either way Dak is above par with what they were doing individually and that should mean something.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This is what I was about to post. Romo was a great quarterback but a Romo-led team never made it to a championship game much less a Super Bowl so he will forever be judged as a good-but-not-great quarterback.

In sports, it's all about winning. Nick Foles is not a great quarterback, but he's a Super Bowl winning quarterback. Trent Dilfer was not a great quarterback, but he is a Super Bowl winning quarterback.

The only thing that matters to most fans when it comes to players is winning. Not stats, comparisons, speed, arm strength, accuracy, etc. All of those things are nothing more than argument fodder while everyone waits for the real "winning" to happen.
Yep, and if they don’t win the SB, the whole team sucks from top to bottom ball boys included.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Blah blah blah. Show the proof. Spare me this other talk. If its like you and others say showing proof should be easy.

How am I supposed to show proof buddy? And do I really care if you doubt us?

So we are lying? Does if not all make sense anyway?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
How am I supposed to show proof buddy? And do I really care if you doubt us?

So we are lying? Does if not all make sense anyway?
Yes you really care or else you wouldn't quoted me when I didn't even quote you. Until you have proof I'm going to say you're lying because people love being lazy and saying the laziest junk possible. If you don't like Dak you definitely loved Romo heck outta here. Show the proof or stop being lazy just saying any ole bs.

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
Well said. Over all team is what will lead to championships, as great as Brees and Rodgers are they have 1 ring and that has been a while since they got that ring. I don't know if Dak will get one or not but I think his talent is good enough to give us a chance

Couldnt have said it better myself! Too many people dont know football but think they do! They always talk about the QB and refer to every other QB that's won a superbowl like they are amazing....listen I'm just going to say it...on an individual level, Aikman wasnt that good a QB. What he had was amazing recievers, rb, oline and a nasty defense...oh yea and Jimmy Johnson. I have to admit that if Romo or Dak were to trade places with Aikman and be on that 90s team we would be in here talking about how the greatest qb to ever play on the Dallas Cowboys would be either one of those two.

This is why I am so excited about these upcoming seasons. All of the pieces are finally in place!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes you really care or else you wouldn't quoted me when I didn't even quote you. Until you have proof I'm going to say you're lying because people love being lazy and saying the laziest junk possible. If you don't like Dak you definitely loved Romo heck outta here. Show the proof or stop being lazy just saying any ole bs.

I didnt quote anything. LOL

And I never said if you dont like Dak you loved Romo.

Your talking about someone else. I was simply backing up the other guy that, yes, many of the Dak haters were Romo lovers that couldnt get over it. You wanted proof, and I just gave it to you. My verification of it. Thats now multiple guys telling you about it.

Now if your just going to call everyone a liar, then whatever. I dont think me or anyone else cares whether you believe it or not.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao:
3nqx6p.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I didnt quote anything. LOL

And I never said if you dont like Dak you loved Romo.

Your talking about someone else. I was simply backing up the other guy that, yes, many of the Dak haters were Romo lovers that couldnt get over it. You wanted proof, and I just gave it to you. My verification of it. Thats now multiple guys telling you about it.

Now if your just going to call everyone a liar, then whatever. I dont think me or anyone else cares whether you believe it or not.
If you didn’t care you wouldn’t have quoted me sir. You gave no proof you just typed it happened sir. That’s not proof. You can’t go anywhere with that “proof” smh. Lay off the narcotics lol

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If you didn’t care you wouldn’t have quoted me sir. You gave no proof you just typed it happened sir. That’s not proof. You can’t go anywhere with that “proof” smh. Lay off the narcotics lol

Where have you been the last 4 years? Off taking stupid pills? LOL Might want to lay off those for a while.

You can do your own homework. Might want to try that before you open your mouth next time.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Where is the proof of all these Romo fans that hate Dak?. Why don't you guys never have proof of this?
You have to have read their posts from way back Erod would be be an example . It wouldnt matter what Dak ever did he would never be any good In his eyes because of his loyalty to Tony . This is not to say that there are not fans that hate Dak for other reasons .
But Tony had a following that were more than pissed off that he didnt get to come back and guide that 2016 team and they have held it against Dak ever since . The fact that most completely ignore the MEASUREABLES that the whole football watching world use to evaluate QBs and continually move the goal posts as Dak refutes their claims show they are viewing the situation with an emotional attachment rather than looking at it logically .

Thats the best I got for you with out going back reviewing posts and naming names I gave you an example and Erod would probably admit his loyalty gives him a biased view . It would be the same for me if Dak took Roger Staubachs job under the same conditions . It would leave a bad taste in my mouth That I probably couldnt get rid of and make watching my favorite team a less enjoyable experience.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
It is funny when Dallas won the division in 16 and 18 it was despite Dak and his stats were the evidence. He puts up the stats and now those stats are meaningless. lol

Blackrain

Reaction score
Bro, I couldn’t agree more. In his first 3 years the thing that impressed me was he stood in with the game on the line and made plays and won games. The moment wasn’t to big for him. That can’t be taught. But I noticed this year it wasn’t happening so much. It wasn’t all on him but he has to take the heat for it because he is the one with the ball in control. We also had the best Offense in the league with a 8-8 record. Largely in part of the worst ST in the league. Missed FG ended drives and starting most every drive deeper in your own territory makes you have to move the ball. Having to make 90 yard drives all game long makes it real hard to win. Then a Defense that gives up yards and can’t get off the field with no turn overs hurts. Dak has plenty of things to improve on. We have a new staff so let’s see how he responds.

Thanks for some very logical insight the ST really created a snowball of crap for our Offense and defense as those missed FGs gave opponents great field position and made it even harder for the D to get off the field without surrendering points . Also having the most drops in the league was not helping Daks cause . A very telling stat in my mind is down the stretch when it mattered and Dak really had to press he did not throw an INT in the last 4 games with his shoulder shot up with pain meds .

He was not able to elevate the team and be the solution but he was far from the problem as he did not turn the ball over and hurt the team

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Where have you been the last 4 years? Off taking stupid pills? LOL Might want to lay off those for a while.

You can do your own homework. Might want to try that before you open your mouth next time.
So again no proof just more accusations with no actual proof. I guess that's what your into just making things up with no actual proof. Allegedly you already did the homework and now I'm asking to see it but all of a sudden the dog ate your homework smh.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
You have to have read their posts from way back Erod would be be an example . It wouldnt matter what Dak ever did he would never be any good In his eyes because of his loyalty to Tony . This is not to say that there are not fans that hate Dak for other reasons .
But Tony had a following that were more than pissed off that he didnt get to come back and guide that 2016 team and they have held it against Dak ever since . The fact that most completely ignore the MEASUREABLES that the whole football watching world use to evaluate QBs and continually move the goal posts as Dak refutes their claims show they are viewing the situation with an emotional attachment rather than looking at it logically .

Thats the best I got for you with out going back reviewing posts and naming names I gave you an example and Erod would probably admit his loyalty gives him a biased view . It would be the same for me if Dak took Roger Staubachs job under the same conditions . It would leave a bad taste in my mouth That I probably couldnt get rid of and make watching my favorite team a less enjoyable experience.
At least you gave a name instead of that lazy stuff. I don't agree that's why most dislike Dak but I can respect you at least can give an example. Thanks for the reply.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I mentioned this in another post, but that post is like 8 pages long so I figured I would put it here.

I mainly looked into some comparisons because the main go tos I see are alot of "Dak will never be accurate" or "Dak will never be a Brady or Brees" and "Hes already played 4 seasons hes not going to get any better"

So I went and looked for myself...honestly I was very surprised! https://www.pro-football-reference....toyear_5=2007&player_id5=RoetBe00&idx=players

Highest completion percentage but hes inaccurate? Oh wait he dinks and dunks...weird because he was rated 2nd in yrds per attempt and 1st in adjusted yards per attempt although I dont even know what that means.
Ya but with that protection it's easy to wait for recievers to get open...only he was sacked more times than everyone but Roethlisberger...hmmm...oh ya highest qb rating and way less thrown interceptions than those guys. Still not sure how an inaccurate qb throws 97 tds and only 36 ints. Talking about rushing would just be unfair with the guys I'm comparing him to for sure so not going there....so with all that being said...how come so many Dallas "fans" are treating this guy like he's garbage?

I like the custom tables, but it's not meaningful to compare stats across eras, nor to cherry pick all the best players for comparison.

NumOneQB

Reaction score
Most people here watch very little football outside of the Cowboy game. Unrealistic expectations set in at times because of it.

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
I like the custom tables, but it's not meaningful to compare stats across eras, nor to cherry pick all the best players for comparison.

I wasnt intending to Cherry pick. I was merely comparing stats based on some of the best qbs first 4 years starting. My point was to show how they started out and how much they improved past those 1st 4 years and how Dak compares. Mainly due to the argument that after 4 years Dak is at his prime and wont get better because he is already where he is at and cant improve. I picked up a little bit of condescension in your reply but figured if I was wrong about it, then I would take the time to explain my reasoning instead of having a d-bag reply.

It's impossible to use stats to tell a story, but paints a general picture that is at least close.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I wasnt intending to Cherry pick. I was merely comparing stats based on some of the best qbs first 4 years starting. My point was to show how they started out and how much they improved past those 1st 4 years and how Dak compares. Mainly due to the argument that after 4 years Dak is at his prime and wont get better because he is already where he is at and cant improve. I picked up a little bit of condescension in your reply but figured if I was wrong about it, then I would take the time to explain my reasoning instead of having a d-bag reply.

It's impossible to use stats to tell a story, but paints a general picture that is at least close.

Picking the best QBs is cherry picking your comparison sample. Say Dak beat their stats. That doesn't tell you much unless you know how many QBs that turned out mediocre *also* beat those stats.

QBs *can* improve after year 4. The great ones likely did. But an ocean of average players didn't, and another ocean got *worse*.

Tom Brady has two legs. Dak has two legs.
Dak is just like Tom Brady? No more so *by that fact* than for all the other players in the league who have two legs.