QB move if Henson tanks

fortdick

Reaction score
Henson may be struggling, and that is a big worry, IMHO. Never was too confident in Romo being the caliber of QB to take the Boyz to a championship. Bledsoe is good for three years, maybe four.

Let's just say that Bledsoe gets hurt, and neither Henson or Romo can move the offense. What steps would you take to get a QB? What if Leinart wins another NC and Heismann?

I am exposing my throat here, but I would offer Roy up a trade bait for the #1 pick overall in 2006. He is about the only thing we have that would be worth Leinart in the draft.

I believe that there needs to be a long term solution to the QB situation while the team is still young enough to make it happen. Roy is a franchise type player, but a Pro Bowl caliber QB is more important.

Let the blood flow!
:chop:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Trade Roy for Leinart? Are you kidding? Even if we legitimately came by the #1 pick I wouldn't take Leinart. He seems like another Rick Mirer to me.

Kilyin

Reaction score
I agree, drink bleach until those thoughts are cleansed from your mind.

mcallen cowboy

Reaction score
Why not wait for Vicent Young to win the Heisman and National Championship with Texas let him declare him self for the draft and we get the next coming on Michael Vick only bigger and stronger

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Trade a perrinial pro bowler/ all pro for the "chance" of a QB? no thanks

blindzebra

Reaction score
If Bledsoe gets hurt and neither Henson or Romo can move the team, is it not likely that we will be close to having the #1 pick anyway?

ThEpLyMaKeR88

Reaction score
why would you put roy up when you can put up our first round and a player like ellis or glover and boyah their's our 1st overall

ThEpLyMaKeR88

Reaction score
mcallen cowboy said:
Why not wait for Vicent Young to win the Heisman and National Championship with Texas let him declare him self for the draft and we get the next coming on Michael Vick only bigger and stronger
beautiful idea

Natedawg44

Reaction score
The thing that shocks me is this hasn't turned into a sign Quincy Carter thread!

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
If Bledsoe gets hurt and neither Henson or Romo can move the team, is it not likely that we will be close to having the #1 pick anyway?
Geez, yeah..or so close to it would only take a fifth or sixth to pry that first away from Washington

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
We HAVE To do something at the QB position. Henson....even though he hasn't been in the league too long, still is not a young pup himself. I'm beginning to wonder if he'll ever become the starter here.

Let's just see how this goes....if Bledsoe is looking like he used to look when he was younger, we can wait till after the next draft to draft someone and let him learn his first year.....that means that we would have a new starter in 2008. 2009 at the latest.

3 years with Bledsoe? I'm afraid that is what my crystal ball is telling me unfortunately.
:banghead:

fortdick

Reaction score
mcallen cowboy said:
. . . we get the next coming on Michael Vick only bigger and stronger

Why would we want the next Vick? I don't want the one that is out there!

BigDFan5 said:
Trade a perrinial pro bowler/ all pro for the "chance" of a QB? no thanks

A Pro Bowl safety will wins you games, and Pro Bowl QB wins you championships. Simply stated, QB is the most critical position on a team. SS is a critical one on your defense, but not the deciding factor. Besides, great safeties are more readily available than great QB's.

I think a couple of National Championships is a pretty good resume! If he can win a third, I think he is more than just a "chance" to succeed.

Don't get me wrong, I love Roy, but I would trade him in a heartbeat for Peyton Manning! I would trade, maybe, Willie Blade for Vick. If Leinart wins it all this year, he will be another Manning. So then, syllogistically speaking,

If Roy for P. Manning,
and Leinart = Manning
then, Roy for Leinart

I, for one, do the deal under the previously stated conditions.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
fortdick said:
Why would we want the next Vick? I don't want the one that is out there!

A Pro Bowl safety will wins you games, and Pro Bowl QB wins you championships. Simply stated, QB is the most critical position on a team. SS is a critical one on your defense, but not the deciding factor. Besides, great safeties are more readily available than great QB's.

I think a couple of National Championships is a pretty good resume! If he can win a third, I think he is more than just a "chance" to succeed.

Don't get me wrong, I love Roy, but I would trade him in a heartbeat for Peyton Manning! I would trade, maybe, Willie Blade for Vick. If Leinart wins it all this year, he will be another Manning. So then, syllogistically speaking,

If Roy for P. Manning,
and Leinart = Manning
then, Roy for Leinart

I, for one, do the deal under the previously stated conditions.

I think his point was the "chance" for a perennial QB.

It's not often that one trades a sure thing for a could be.....it does happen, but not very often at all.

fortdick

Reaction score
ThEpLyMaKeR88 said:
why would you put roy up when you can put up our first round and a player like ellis or glover and boyah their's our 1st overall

UNder the stated conditions, Leinart, if he wins a third, will be cost our first, Ellis, Glover, Texas Stadium, and all the oil in Texas! He won't come that cheap and whoever has number one overall will do a Herschell Walker on someone!

NorTex

Reaction score
I would make that trade in a heartbeat. We have depth at SS.

zagnut

Reaction score
fortdick said:
Henson may be struggling, and that is a big worry, IMHO. Never was too confident in Romo being the caliber of QB to take the Boyz to a championship. Bledsoe is good for three years, maybe four.

Let's just say that Bledsoe gets hurt, and neither Henson or Romo can move the offense. What steps would you take to get a QB? What if Leinart wins another NC and Heismann?

I am exposing my throat here, but I would offer Roy up a trade bait for the #1 pick overall in 2006. He is about the only thing we have that would be worth Leinart in the draft.

I believe that there needs to be a long term solution to the QB situation while the team is still young enough to make it happen. Roy is a franchise type player, but a Pro Bowl caliber QB is more important.

Let the blood flow!
:chop:

I don't know about Leinart, but I would be tempted over that QB at Louisville, Brian Brohm, in a year or two. I think he's a true Sophmore.

If Henson doesn't develop, we'll still have developed an excellent team over the next year or two to the point where we can decide to move hell or high water for a QB prospect. I think Parcells will go with Henson though. He seems like the QB who can do the things Parcells wants.