QB Paxton Lynch available

IceBowler

Reaction score
In for what? Rush is QB#2. White most likely PS.

If he can't be PS - then there's a problem ... I'd still have to see if he could get past a few work ethic problems ... I watched him at UM and I've never seen a prettier ball thrown ... when he had confidence in the O and coach. Denver wasn't the place - some Lynch's fault but it wasn't a good situation as has been demonstrated by the terrible time they've had trying to find a QB. I don't know if he comes and works really well in a tryout ... maybe carry 3 QBs ... Have to think about that for a bit.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’d give someone with his talent a better shot in an offense like this with all of the Elite supporting cast.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Lynch has been cut by the Seahawks

Along with Shane Ray, who was cut by the Ravens today, that makes two recent 1st round picks of the Broncos that have been complete busts.
Funny how there are rumors of Dak asking to get a 40 million a year contract but a QB that was considered to be heads and hills above Dak in talent is jobless

Proof

Reaction score
Never understood the infatuation with Lynch.
There were a few people here on draft day saying take him in the top 10. Not making it up.
And then, of course, we dodged the bullet on the trade up tot he 20s. whew

Having said that, I know I've missed plenty over the years

Tall, mobile guy with the right measurable and production. I get not buying into it, but not understanding it?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tall, mobile guy with the right measurable and production. I get not buying into it, but not understanding it?
Mike White is tall, had better college stats and has a stronger arm than Lynch. But he's missing some key QB intangibles.

I watched Lynch play all through college and liked him ok.
Just did not get the top 10 talk and even thought the first round talk was a bit much.

But like I said, I've been wrong before.

Proof

Reaction score
Mike White is tall, had better college stats and has a stronger arm than Lynch. But he's missing some key QB intangibles.

Just did not get the top 10 talk and even thought the first round talk was a bit much.

makes sense. I’m wrong often.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Rumors going around the net that Lynch was not exactly dedicated to the job. Apparently he liked to spend a lot of time playing video games instead of watching game tape, memorizing the playbook, hitting the gym, ect….

What a shame, he has all the physical tools you want in a QB but doesn't want to put in the time and effort required.

Say what you want about Dak, maybe he doesn't have all the physical tools or accuracy you want in a QB, but he works his butt off according to most reports. He is the first player at the facility in the morning and the last player to leave. He watches terabytes of game tape, knows the playbook backwards and forwards, and works out like a maniac.

Between the two, give me the QB who puts in the time and effort and maybe aint the most physically gifted, over the guy that is a lazy arse and just mails it in playing video games all day long.

joseephuss

Reaction score

White registered a ball velocity of 55 mph. Lynch registered a ball velocity of 59 mph. I'd stick with the guy who knows the offense or bring in a guy who is used to being a backup. The backup QB is a specialized position. It takes a different mindset. I'd take a less talented QB to be a backup as long he knows and accepts his role and knows how to go through the weekly preparations. Some guys don't know how to do that. They can't prepare themselves off of limited reps in practice and also can't push their ego to the side for the betterment of their team.