QB the Cowboys may be interested in Max Duggan

DandyDon52

Reaction score
McCarthy apparently “loves” him. Shannon and Skip are even arguing about it.

Shannon said cowboys are stupid if they really want duggan, and that some other team will pick him before the cowboys.

I think with the history of our 2nd round picks not being too good, why not use a 2nd on duggan?
He would be a better pick than "bossman" lol (kelvin joseph)

MikeT22

Reaction score
Shannon said cowboys are stupid if they really want duggan, and that some other team will pick him before the cowboys.

I think with the history of our 2nd round picks not being too good, why not use a 2nd on duggan?
He would be a better pick than "bossman" lol (kelvin joseph)
why not? Probably because reaching for a player 2-3 rounds earlier than he should go is generally frowned upon.

plasticman

Reaction score
they should interview him again during local talent interviews.
I think he is worth a gamble.
I will admit I havent seen him play. So cant attest to how good he is at passing, but he seems to be a good runner from pocket and designed runs.
The run skills could help him a lot.

All we have now is Rush, be nice to have someone with potential behind Rush.
I will look for HL and maybe a full game on youtube.
It would also be nice if Jerry didn't telegraph his intentions to the entire NFL world. I don't think there was any mystery to how the Cowboys had their top two options taken with the two picks just in front of them back in the 2021 draft.

Psst....Jerry.......this is the part where you are supposed to stop talking.

Turned out to be a blessing though.

Speaking of which.....have you ever noticed a trend when it comes to Jerry's pre-draft hopes?

Every time that Jerry can't pull the trigger on the player he wants the Cowboys end up with historically great players. Jerry didn't want Zack Martin, he wanted Johnny Manziel. He didn't want Micah Parsons, he wanted one the CB's Surtain or Horn.

So, if Jerry doesn't get Duggan because he was taken right in front of him by a GM who knew full well that Jerry wanted him........the QB that they do get in the 7th round will probably be the next Tom Brady.

Turns out Jerry has some value as a player evaluator after all.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He took them to the National Championship game, was 2nd in Heisman voting, won the Davey Obrien award, won the Johnny Unitas golden arm award, won the Earl Campbell award, Big 12 offensive player of the year, 2nd team all American, he's pretty accurate. I know you guys get scared for Dak. Have you watched the kid play?!
Have you watched him play? He has had accuracy issues in college…..y’all are funny but im not shocked lol. You ask me have I seen him play then list off his accomplishments lol. He’s just a name you’ve never seen play.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
yep.he had great WRs but would miss them by a mile all the time.
I’m so confused to those riding for him lol….I can tell people have no idea who he is or haven’t watched him play. Don’t get me wrong I’d take a shot at him in later rounds but around the 5th…

Carson

Reaction score
I Like Duggan as an UDFA(he is raw). I like Stetson Bennett a bit more and Clayton Tune even more.
Reminds me of Gardner Minshew. But I just can’t spend anything more than a 5th

I feel Duggan will be a better pro than Bennett. I’m fine with any in the 5th

Beaker42

Reaction score
Reminds me of Gardner Minshew. But I just can’t spend anything more than a 5th

I feel Duggan will be a better pro than Bennett. I’m fine with any in the 5th
Minshew was better in college. I'm still trying to figure out how TCU made it as far as they did. Duggan is an absolute JAG.