Video: QB turned Psychic? Tony Romo Predicts Future

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Phil Simms was an idiot in pregame, telling Tony..."Don't worry, you are only going to be in front of 50 million viewers, good luck." Ya, like Romo has never been in a game at QB for the Cowboys, the most watched team in the NFL, in front of a large audience (prime time games). Lame joke.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
I wouldn't go so far as to say he was "good".
My reaction to his work is that it was refreshing and different and interesting. I think he will get better as the year goes on.

-He needs to talk louder as his voice trails off too much at the ends of his sentences.
-Grammar was bad a few times. I get it's football and not a debate on global warming, but if he wants to be taken seriously he should work in it.
-As he gets more polished, he needs to balance his commentary on the defense as well. It was very focused on play calling and the QB mindset - which he did a great job on. However, as more then a casual fan I want to hear more about what the defense is doing.

I was nice to not hear stupid clichés like so many of the other color guys use.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
My reaction to his work is that it was refreshing and different and interesting. I think he will get better as the year goes on.

-He needs to talk louder as his voice trails off too much at the ends of his sentences.
-Grammar was bad a few times. I get it's football and not a debate on global warming, but if he wants to be taken seriously he should work in it.
-As he gets more polished, he needs to balance his commentary on the defense as well. It was very focused on play calling and the QB mindset - which he did a great job on. However, as more then a casual fan I want to hear more about what the defense is doing.

For his 1st game, he was beyond good. Got rave reviews from all over social media.

As for grammar, who cares. Fans aren't watching for his grammar etiquette.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He actually did comment a few times on what the Defense was getting read to do.
Granted not as much as the offense but he did touch on the Defense a few time in that clip.

As far as the Grammar...work can always help but man alive he sounds 100% better than Emmitt Smith did in his limited time as a Studio talking guy.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
For his 1st game, he was beyond good. Got rave reviews from all over social media.

As for grammar, who cares. Fans aren't watching for his grammar etiquette.

OK, how about...
He had some great insights. His "announcing" and delivery needed work.

Fair???

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I look forward to hearing him commentary. From what I've seen so far, I think people are going a bit overboard on his ability to predict plays. Running right or running left isn't hard to figure especially when you look at the formation. Calling the blitz from different locations was cool. But even that's not the entire point of color analysis. In fact, calling plays too often can serve as a bit of an annoyance to the viewer because it takes the element of surprise out of the game.

Madden was great because for most of his career he just celebrated the game of football and the nuances of football. They only time Madden became annoying was his fawning over Favre, but otherwise it's a great career of announcing. I never got the hint that Madden was trying to goad the viewers by overly rooting for or against a team or a certain player. He just had a great deal of respect for everybody involved in the game and it showed thru his commentary and you looked forward to hearing what he had to say.

Madden could also analyze what was going on, why it was going on and what both teams were going to do in response to what is going on. The players and coaches responded positively to Madden and he was able to dig up more information as time went along.

I really hope that is more of what Romo can bring to the table as it is sorely missed in color commentary today.

YR

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I had to catch some of the Oak\Tenn game because Romo was calling it. I thought he did an outstanding job. Did not try to over analyze but gave good insight to the game.

there were a few times when Romo sounded almost giddy about what he was seeing/calling. You can tell he likely still has the desire....that the fire still burns in him. It's too bad his body wouldn't cooperate.