Video: QB turned Psychic? Tony Romo Predicts Future

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
No, he isnt doing anything that Sean Lee or a DC wouldnt do. Reading whats in front of him.

no, im saying he'd give a little more than "its a run to the left". like mentioning things only people with the cowboys playbook would know. certain signals or whatever. its unlikely but he's still fresh so you never know what might slip

aikemirv

Reaction score
It will be fun to listen to him do a Cowboys game - hopefully week 9 against the Cheifs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What you will see is that Nantz will become even better calling the game too. People think Nantz is boring but it's tough to do much with Simms not giving him a lot to work with either. If you ever watch him do college basketball, he is much more energetic with Bill Raftery and Grant Hill. I think Romo will bring out the same in him.
No doubt Simms was like a boat anchor around the neck of Nantz.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is such a gift that the Cowboys franchise went from a QB (Romo) that had a gift for understanding football to another (Dak). Imagine a couple of seasons right now suffering through a Quincy Carter or Drew Henson, then say a prayer of thanks.
Quincy as a color analyst.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
I wanted to hear his first broadcast and was disappointed our market didnt get the game he was covering. I ran across this video Monday night and thought it was great.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I read some pretty funny comments about Tony. One said they should put Spoiler Alerts to warn everybody and another said now if Romo can tell me what happens in GoT next season, I'd be happy.

windjc

Reaction score
I look forward to hearing him commentary. From what I've seen so far, I think people are going a bit overboard on his ability to predict plays. Running right or running left isn't hard to figure especially when you look at the formation. Calling the blitz from different locations was cool. But even that's not the entire point of color analysis. In fact, calling plays too often can serve as a bit of an annoyance to the viewer because it takes the element of surprise out of the game.

Madden was great because for most of his career he just celebrated the game of football and the nuances of football. They only time Madden became annoying was his fawning over Favre, but otherwise it's a great career of announcing. I never got the hint that Madden was trying to goad the viewers by overly rooting for or against a team or a certain player. He just had a great deal of respect for everybody involved in the game and it showed thru his commentary and you looked forward to hearing what he had to say.

Madden could also analyze what was going on, why it was going on and what both teams were going to do in response to what is going on. The players and coaches responded positively to Madden and he was able to dig up more information as time went along.

I really hope that is more of what Romo can bring to the table as it is sorely missed in color commentary today.

YR
If its so easy to figure out why has no other color commentator ever done it?

People's level of expectation of Romo hasn't changed. Anything less than perfect is not good enough.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
If its so easy to figure out why has no other color commentator ever done it?

People's level of expectation of Romo hasn't changed. Anything less than perfect is not good enough.

I've seen plenty of color commentators do it.

Cris Spielman is a master at it. Hell, I've seen Spielman correctly call fake field goals before.

And *gasp*, I've seen Collinsworth do it as well.

YR

TheHerd

Reaction score
I've seen plenty of color commentators do it.

Cris Spielman is a master at it. Hell, I've seen Spielman correctly call fake field goals before.

And *gasp*, I've seen Collinsworth do it as well.

YR

Others do it on occasion, Tony seemed to do it a lot from the clip. Maybe too much in fact.