QB's & 400 yard games

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Dak could help the Boys win the SB I believe
but counting or totaling stats are and have always been somewhat meaningless. Dak finished middle of the pack in qbr this first week. Thats not a perfect stat either because it penalizes a qb too much for an int but still he was like 13th
and he is never in the top few for qbr

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak could help the Boys win the SB I believe
but counting or totaling stats are and have always been somewhat meaningless. Dak finished middle of the pack in qbr this first week. Thats not a perfect stat either because it penalizes a qb too much for an int but still he was like 13th
and he is never in the top few for qbr

Truth is doubt Dak wants to keep doing this either....probably be just fine throwing 20-25 times 300 ish 2td's and WINNING with a good defense.

When your in non stop boat races its how its going to go though. I am hopeful Quinn can figure this out.

Blake

Reaction score
A lot of those yards were gained when the other team was ahead by a lot so they simply played zone defense allowing the pass completions and stopped the Cowboys in the red zone.

This is the cliche “yea but..” rebuttal that demonstrates your ignorance. Since your so confident in your assertion, how about putting up YouTube videos from at least 5 of those games to prove your point. Or you could just shut up since you haven’t a clue what you’re talking about. We can see your bottom lip quivering.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
A lot of those yards were gained when the other team was ahead by a lot so they simply played zone defense allowing the pass completions and stopped the Cowboys in the red zone.

Bingo. And the only game without an insane amount of attempts was 2018 game 1 vs the Giants. It's like if we handed the ball to Zeke 43 times and counted his 200 yard performances. It's why YPA and yards per rush matter. Context. With that said the Giants game in 2018 Dak played good and I also put the Buc's game in the good category. Some of the others his early TO's (or a turnover right before the half) is why we were in that position.

Last edited:

Blake

Reaction score
Bingo. And the only game without an insane amount of attempts was 2018 game 1 vs the Giants. It's like if we handed the ball to Zeke 43 times and counted his 200 yard performances. It's why YPA and yards per rush matter. Context.

Still butt hurt about 2016 eh…?

Aftershock

Reaction score
Total passing yards does not equate to team success oh wait you dak lovers don’t care about that only Daks fantasy points I forgot ;)

just look at Staffords passing yards while he was in DET

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Total passing yards does not equate to team success oh wait you dak lovers don’t care about that only Daks fantasy points I forgot ;)

just look at Staffords passing yards while he was in DET

Or objectivley people who understand football get that if your QB is having to do this AND your still losing....you might have a D problem...just maybe..its funny I dont remeber Dak minding handing the ball off and winning close games in 2016...ooh thats right he did, he said "hey lets stop doing this and start doing this" again dude the only thing that says is he can pass the ball it says nothing about if the defense can stop anyone...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Bottom line- at this point it’s obvious to any objective observer- QB is not a problem for this team. There are tons of problems for this team and QB ain’t one of them.

no Bob Dak wants to throw the ball 50 times and watch the Defense give 30+ a game..he likes that challenge.....I still can not understand how some here think the problem is with Dak's "passing yards" like Dak is hoping the defense gives up 30+ a game.....

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
:clap:
Getting behind and having to throw throw throw, nay!!!!

Wins, comp%, passer rating, TD/INT....is what matters

In Dak’s first few seasons, the criticism on this board was that he couldn’t sling the ball and, at best, could only throw for 250 yards or less. Carson Wentz and Goff were pointed as the prototype QBs. Furthermore, Dak’s “throwing woes” were painted as why the Cowboys could never advance.

Now that he’s shooting it out with the best of them, the criticism is he’s slinging it too much. o_O

Praxit

Reaction score
......yep, yep, ....Dak the one and only Dallas Bus driver. We're going places, boyz. ;)...

.....#9 coming this weekend.

RaZon

Reaction score
:clap:

In Dak’s first few seasons, the criticism on this board was that he couldn’t sling the ball and, at best, could only throw for 250 yards or less. Carson Wentz and Goff were pointed as the prototype QBs. Furthermore, Dak’s “throwing woes” were painted as why the Cowboys could never advance.

Now that he’s shooting it out with the best of them, the criticism is he’s slinging it too much. o_O

I have never thought Dak was a problem. we need a better coach and defense. 23rd ranked last season. That won't work.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Remember there was a time when his critics wanted a QB who pass for more than 200 yards a game? Well, he's done that and then some but guess what, it's STILL not enough. What's odd/interesting is how they pull out the team card when things are looking good but when they're not so good........it's all Dak's fault.

NeathBlue

Reaction score
How many of those games did the defense give up 30+ points...probably matching answers...

There lays the problem with 400 yard passing games..
If you’re throwing for that many yards, it’s because you’re probably trying to take the lead, rather than defend it… and it’s going to be an unbalanced attack that’ll be more likely to cause a turnover.
The amount of 400 yard games we’ve had lately with Dak shows we have a really poor defence that can’t defend a lead and a running game that’s not dependable enough.