QB's & 400 yard games

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Hope you’re well though, bro! Even if you’re nuts when it comes to Dak.
:laugh:

What's more important, Dak piling up his personal stats or the team winning games? All he's trying to say is the emphasis seems to lean too far towards Dak and his stats. There's nothing wrong with 250 yards a game and a much better winning record. Aikman rode it to the tune of 3 super bowls while Dak and his stats have lead to 1 playoff win in 5 years.

I know, I know, it's all because of the bad defense.

The flaw in this logic is that there should be a lot of average QBs on this list... it's not as if Dak is the only QB that has been down multiple scores in the second half/4th Qtr, yet he is the only one to have elite stats.

Elite stats but a lousy playoff record? I would trade one for the other.

Nav22

Reaction score
What's more important, Dak piling up his personal stats or the team winning games? All he's trying to say is the emphasis seems to lean too far towards Dak and his stats. There's nothing wrong with 250 yards a game and a much better winning record. Aikman rode it to the tune of 3 super bowls while Dak and his stats have lead to 1 playoff win in 5 years.

LOL cute comparison between Dak and Aikman, as if their situations are at all similar.

Let’s just pretend the ‘90s Cowboys that won Super Bowls didn’t have a DOMINANT defense.
:lmao2:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yardage is nice, but the point is winning games. In many cases (not all) having to pass for that many is because other areas of the team haven't performed well and the passing game is having to try and make up for it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm done with the Dak stats - he's good. We need W's idc if he throws for 50 yards.

Then we are going to have to find a way to stop teams on Defense...its really not that hard. When you give up 30+ points the odds are astro your going to lose.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
“Should have had a FLAWLESS game on the road against the defending champs!!! DURRRRR HE SUX!!!!”
:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

never said that. I said 4 trips in the red zone and one td is not good. Lots of shared blame in that. If you want to win these types of games against good teams then can't go 1 for 4 in the RZ

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
400 yards is nearly meaningless without the win.

400 yards and 3 TD's looks ok but when you consider the number of times we settle for a FG attempt in the RedZone not so much.

In contrast another QB only got 150 yards but 5 TD's. He took advantage of every RedZone opportunity.

75boyz

Reaction score
The flaw in this logic is that there should be a lot of average QBs on this list... it's not as if Dak is the only QB that has been down multiple scores in the second half/4th Qtr, yet he is the only one to have elite stats.

Kirk Cousins is quite the comparison. Yearly flirts with 65 to 70 percent completion rate, 3 to 1 TD to int ratio. Has averaged that for like 6 or 7 years now.
But when looking at his end of year stats I also saw an Oct 2020 article from last year.
It said at that time that Kirk Cousins is 7-31 against winning teams since coming to the Vikings.
So, however the accountability is sliced up for team losses, it seems Kirk Cousins gets very good stats every year but rarely wins against winning teams.

Very similar to the ongoing Dak narrative of achieving stats while still losing.

jmo

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Remember there was a time when his critics wanted a QB who pass for more than 200 yards a game? Well, he's done that and then some but guess what, it's STILL not enough. What's odd/interesting is how they pull out the team card when things are looking good but when they're not so good........it's all Dak's fault.
They show their ignorance every time they post. It's fun to watch.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

All of us would do that so not sure what your agenda, er point is.

RomoplusDezEquals7

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins is quite the comparison. Yearly flirts with 65 to 70 percent completion rate, 3 to 1 TD to int ratio. Has averaged that for like 6 or 7 years now.
But when looking at his end of year stats I also saw an Oct 2020 article from last year.
It said at that time that Kirk Cousins is 7-31 against winning teams since coming to the Vikings.
So, however the accountability is sliced up for team losses, it seems Kirk Cousins gets very good stats every year but rarely wins against winning teams.

Very similar to the ongoing Dak narrative of achieving stats while still losing.

jmo
Agreed. Probably the best comparison in the league. Both good QB's.

kevm3

Reaction score

The emphasis is on "Dak and his stats" because a lot of the same people were calling him a game manager that completely relied on Zeke, but now all of a sudden he's throwing for historical amounts of yards and now the new metrics to judge Dak by is wins. Wins is a TEAM thing. Maybe if we didn't have one of the worst defenses in the league, we'd see more Ws.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
The emphasis is on "Dak and his stats" because a lot of the same people were calling him a game manager that completely relied on Zeke, but now all of a sudden he's throwing for historical amounts of yards and now the new metrics to judge Dak by is wins. Wins is a TEAM thing. Maybe if we didn't have one of the worst defenses in the league, we'd see more Ws.

maybe if they don't go 1-4 in the RZ, Dallas would be 1-0.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How many of those games did Dak win?
I prefer methodical dink and dunk. Everybody Wanted 400+ games. . You lose something when you throw that much. But you have to do what you’re capable of

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL cute comparison between Dak and Aikman, as if their situations are at all similar.

Let’s just pretend the ‘90s Cowboys that won Super Bowls didn’t have a DOMINANT defense.
:lmao2:
Where is Ken Norton, Charles Haley, Dion Sanders,. No clue in Hell some people hell some people

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The offence had them leading with less than 2 min on the clock.

What did the defense do when the game was on the line?
I can’t stand. The ignorance. I still believe if we had the ball last we win that game.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
cliff notes:
dak is the best ever, no he's not. troll haters, well you're a dakgoobler.

searches the internet for more material to post.