Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away At 96

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just to show how relatively young the United States is.
The Crown passed down six times from King George II the king during the Revolutionary War to Queen Elizabeth II.

I didn't know that. That's incredible. Then again, it helps that Victoria and Queen Elizabeth II held it down for most of that time.

lukin2006

Reaction score
RIP Queen Elizabeth…

As a Canadian she’s quite important to many people here.

She was the 1st female royal to serve in the military and she drove truck in ww2 becoming the only head of state to serve their country during the war. Queen Elizabeth and her sister Margaret snuck out of the palace to dance in the streets on VE Day.

she was a great head of state, a courageous head of state and a war veteran…

a life well lead…

The monarchy should end at this point…

her kids are awful humans…

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am not being contentious, I am curious, what are 3 or 4 things of value you think she did?

I'll give a few. Firstly, before becoming Queen, she learned to be an auto mechanic and was an ambulance driver during WW2. Secondly, she, along with Thatcher, was a huge reason the USSR went down. Thirdly, there was no better friend to America than Queen Elizabeth II. She loved America. Not as much maybe as Britain. Nobody loved Britain more than she did. However, she loved America, and she loved our presidents. 4. She was a steady force by which the West could advance. No matter what over the last 70 years, she was a support beam that people could look up to. Oh, and after 9-11, she couldn't have been nicer to America about that situation.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Like Elizabeth I, Queen Elizabeth will be recorded in history as one of the great rulers to sit on the British throne. She literally kept the monarchy alive during times when people questioned its value. She was truly a great Queen and the world will miss her. I know I will. RIP.

As for Charles, England deserves better. He is a dullard.

Hey, come on, man. Now is not the time to bash King Charles. He served his country both in the Royal Navy and in the Royal Air Force, and as the Prince of Wales. It's got to be both a sad and scary time for him with his mother dying and now the burden of rule is on his shoulders. It's a time to support him and give him a chance, not to bash him. I'm not trying to be mean. I respect you, man. I'm just hoping you'll consider seeing him from a different POV. He's not his mother, and he can't be like her, but he is intelligent and has served his country in the military when he could have sat on his royal, privileged butt. So I hope you'll consider giving the man a chance.

Skullmiester

Reaction score
For the older generation in particular the queen and the queen mother were an inspiration during world war 2. They didn't move to a safer country and remained in London throughout the blitz, the impact on the morale of people at that time cannot be underestimated.

My auntie saw the queen mother on several occasions in London visiting bombed houses between German air raids and my wife's grandmother saw her at the airbase she served at in Northern England at least twice on visits to boost morale. That spirit and bravery cannot be underestimated.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
For the older generation in particular the queen and the queen mother were an inspiration during world war 2. They didn't move to a safer country and remained in London throughout the blitz, the impact on the morale of people at that time cannot be underestimated.

My auntie saw the queen mother on several occasions in London visiting bombed houses between German air raids and my wife's grandmother saw her at the airbase she served at in Northern England at least twice on visits to boost morale. That spirit and bravery cannot be underestimated.
I think you mean those things can't be overestimated but you are correct, the Queen never shirked a single responsibility in her long life of service.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember living in England in the late 80's and people were questioning then if she should give up her throne for Charles. 30+ years later we got our answer.

How long before they start printing out new currency notes with King Charles (sounds weird saying that) portrait on it?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I remember living in England in the late 80's and people were questioning then if she should give up her throne for Charles. 30+ years later we got our answer.

How long before they start printing out new currency notes with King Charles (sounds weird saying that) portrait on it?

It won't be long. The monarchy moves on as it has for over 1,000 years.

quickccc

Reaction score
RIP Queen Elizabeth

Thank you for sustaining a prominent presence in the Royal Family for so very many years and decades.

triplets_93

Reaction score
I found this video, which was one without some network's logo plastered over it...

lukin2006

Reaction score
Funeral details announced…

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/10/uk/queen-elizabeth-ii-funeral-plans-intl/index.html

Canada has formally declared King Charles III the head of state as I suspect all commonwealth countries are quickly following suit..

God save the King…it’s been 70 years since that’s been said in commonwealth countries.

RIP our Queen. You served your people with dignity and grace and you truly loved the people you served.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Funeral details announced…

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/10/uk/queen-elizabeth-ii-funeral-plans-intl/index.html

Canada has formally declared King Charles III the head of state as I suspect all commonwealth countries are quickly following suit..

God save the King…it’s been 70 years since that’s been said in commonwealth countries.

RIP our Queen. You served your people with dignity and grace and you truly loved the people you served.

Many thanks from the USA to Canada for years of friendship and cooperation with one another. God save the King.

triplets_93

Reaction score
A service in honor of the late Queen Elizabeth at St Giles Cathedral in Edinburgh, Scotland.