Question about a trade with NO

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
If Brees signs with NO and the Saints are looking to trade down, what's the chances that we have the inside track to trading our #1 and a #2 and maybe Ellis for the the #2 pick and a 3rd rounder.

We could use the pick to take Lienart and groom him for a year behind Bledsoe and we can move on with our lives and lose the Henson threads.

I know it's out there but Ellis would be a plus for the Sainst since they have NO depth ar DE since Howard will be gone. And they still get value for their swap.

Ellis is more valuable than you rate him. The Cowboys give up a player who will contribute to this year's efforts, and take on a player that is going to ride the pne for at least a year, and maybe two. I don't think so.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
FLcowboy said:
Ellis is more valuable than you rate him. The Cowboys give up a player who will contribute to this year's efforts, and take on a player that is going to ride the pne for at least a year, and maybe two. I don't think so.

Well you have to give up something to get something. Also, Ellis is not in our long term plans. And if you can tell me what you saw in that 9-7 team last year that tells you we are one player away from the SB I would be glad to back off. However, the fact that we need something steady at the QB position and I think it's obvious that Bledsoe is only here as long as BP is, we need to look at not only next year but the year after that, when I feel Bill will be hanging them up.

Renegade7

Reaction score
The best thing the cowboys could do this year would be to get a future franchise QB. Philly has McNabb, NY has Eli, even though he may not be ready yet we atleast invested in getting Campbell. Even if the boys don't do jack through FA, they've had a pretty good run with the draft the past couple years. Especially last year.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't know why guys but I think the QB we covet is in next years draft. Just a feeling I have.