Question about trading up.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Alot of you want the Cowboys to move up in the draft this year. It got me thinking. To move up to around the mid teens, it's going to cost our 27th, our 2nd rounder and most likely another pick.

Why not just use those same picks and trade for a proven player already in the NFL? Your interested in trading a 1st, 2nd and most likely a 4th for a guy like MCClain, or even Iupati. So why not try and trade that for a Demeco Ryans. Or a Logan Mankins? Proven NFL probowlers. Both are 25 years old and RFA's.

Just a thought.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
What the

Our 1st and 2nd alone should be good for 14-16 depending on how motivated the other team is

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3257805 said:
What the

Our 1st and 2nd alone should be good for 14-16 depending on how motivated the other team is

Oh it's you..I was hoping someone else would comment.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3257795 said:
Alot of you want the Cowboys to move up in the draft this year. It got me thinking. To move up to around the mid teens, it's going to cost our 27th, our 2nd rounder and most likely another pick.

Why not just use those same picks and trade for a proven player already in the NFL? Your interested in trading a 1st, 2nd and most likely a 4th for a guy like MCClain, or even Iupati. So why not try and trade that for a Demeco Ryans. Or a Logan Mankins? Proven NFL probowlers. Both are 25 years old and RFA's.

Just a thought.
I'm suprised Logan Mankins is that young.

#1 I don't think a guard is worth those picks.

#2 Jerry is gonna go with the same inside linebackers next season

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3257818 said:
I'm suprised Logan Mankins is that young.

#1 I don't think a guard is worth those picks.

#2 Jerry is gonna go with the same inside linebackers next season

I agree, I'm just talking in general.

Let's say we had a gaping hole at MLB. Would you trade a 1st and 2nd for Demeco Ryans? It's about what it would cost to move up to 14 for McClain.

The Realist

Reaction score
Or we could go the other way..............

We gave up 2/36, 3/87, and 5/159 to move up to 26 for Spencer.

I'd love a 2nd round of Pouncey and Ducasse.

Or Ducasse and Kyle Wilson.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3257822 said:
I agree, I'm just talking in general.

Let's say we had a gaping hole at MLB. Would you trade a 1st and 2nd for Demeco Ryans? It's about what it would cost to move up to 14 for McClain.
nope. I'd rather take a shot with McClain than Ryans.