Question for the native Texans on the board

Zordon

Reaction score
I'm starting to see the Texans logo more and more everyday in this state. Do you think Jerry is concerned what will happened to the balance of fandom in the state if the Texans draft Mr. Charisma, Johnny Manziel? Do you think this keeps him up at night? Jerry has already lost so many young fans who do not want to associate themselves with this loser franchise, is he in danger of losing an entire generation if the cult hero from Aggieland goes to the Texans.

Fredd

Reaction score
so be it...manziel is a flash in the pan...one big hit away from duuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh

dstovall5

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry is concerned about the "balance of fandom in the state" at all, especially when Dallas is heavily favored over Houston (at least in my area). If I had to guess what the Dal/Hou split was in Texas, I'd guess it's around 70/30 in favor of Dallas, possibly more. Also, if you're saying "Jerry has already lost so many young fans who do not want to associate themselves with this loser franchise", then why would you expect them to go to the Houston Texas, which is one of the worst franchises in the entire NFL. Talk about a contradiction.

Fredd

Reaction score
not much room for it to go down for houston

cowboys1985

Reaction score
Worrying bout fan perception is the last thing that should bother JJ when building a draft board. Having said that its JJ and I would not but that beneath him.

I still find all the Johnny Football clamoring amusing. I like the kid, loved what he did at A&M. Dallas doesn't need what Manzel brings to the table. What has been the complaint about the Cowboys for years? We don't have roster depth. We don't have the players to do the grunt work. What this team needs is not Johnny Football this teams needs a DT that will blow up the line of scrimmage. This team needs a S that will make a play on the ball. This team needs a LB that can cover the middle of the field or blow up a running play.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Worrying bout fan perception is the last thing that should bother JJ when building a draft board. Having said that its JJ and I would not but that beneath him.

I still find all the Johnny Football clamoring amusing. I like the kid, loved what he did at A&M. Dallas doesn't need what Manzel brings to the table. What has been the complaint about the Cowboys for years? We don't have roster depth. We don't have the players to do the grunt work. What this team needs is not Johnny Football this teams needs a DT that will blow up the line of scrimmage. This team needs a S that will make a play on the ball. This team needs a LB that can cover the middle of the field or blow up a running play.

Awesome, post-o-the-day!!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
At least in this part of Texas, San Antonio/Austin area it is still heavily a Dallas Cowboys first area. Fans may want to see the Texans do well, but they don't follow them as much and aren't nearly as passionate about them as the Cowboys. I think it's going to take more than Johny Football playing for the Texans to make much of a dent into the local Cowboy fanbase and allegiances. Now, if Manziel sets the NFL on fire and can win a Super Bowl with the Texans, then you might start seeing some of that balance shift towards the Texans. Johnny is exciting and fun to watch and if his style and ability can translate to the NFL level and win a Super Bowl, then I easily could see fans become more Texans first, especially with the younger generations. The problem is, there's a whole lot of "if" in there

theSHOW

Reaction score
I'm starting to see the Texans logo more and more everyday in this state. Do you think Jerry is concerned what will happened to the balance of fandom in the state if the Texans draft Mr. Charisma, Johnny Manziel? Do you think this keeps him up at night? Jerry has already lost so many young fans who do not want to associate themselves with this loser franchise, is he in danger of losing an entire generation if the cult hero from Aggieland goes to the Texans.

go post on another teams site if you want to call the Cowboys franchise out. try it troll bait.

Zordon

Reaction score
I don't think Jerry is concerned about the "balance of fandom in the state" at all, especially when Dallas is heavily favored over Houston (at least in my area). If I had to guess what the Dal/Hou split was in Texas, I'd guess it's around 70/30 in favor of Dallas, possibly more. Also, if you're saying "Jerry has already lost so many young fans who do not want to associate themselves with this loser franchise", then why would you expect them to go to the Houston Texas, which is one of the worst franchises in the entire NFL. Talk about a contradiction.

Houston does not have the stigma that we currently have as perennial losers. If they get Manziel, watch it. Trust me, Jerry is losing sleep over it. Houston is a huge market. If they get the backing of all the Aggies in the state then a lot of the Cowboys market share is going to be cut.

Aven8

Reaction score
He is a Gazillionaire.

What's pathetic is we are "still" Americas team.

Houston will always be Houston.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Houston has won a few playoff games in the last few years. If they go Manziel that will sell a ton of tickets. I am not sure though if they are thinking that way with a new coach & all.

bark

Reaction score
If houston becomes relevant it will be because of bill OBrian Not jfootball

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I was at the monster truck jam the other night. took this.

10079_10100781795073588_1292766254_n.jpg

why would anyone be worried? lol

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score

Really?

I see a lot of Cowboys fans in Houston so I think you're trying to stir an empty pot sir.

Cowboys haven't won a thing in almost 20 years yet they're more valuable and as popular as ever.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Really?

I see a lot of Cowboys fans in Houston so I think you're trying to stir an empty pot sir.

Cowboys haven't won a thing in almost 20 years yet they're more valuable and as popular as ever.

I'm one who is die hard Dallas living in Houston and there are many more like me. As for Houston they have not won jack be it as the Oilers or Texans.

Section446

Reaction score
The Texans are no threat to the popularity of the Cowboys. Hell, no team in the NFL (or sports for that matter) is a threat.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The Houson hullabaloo will go away after they are 6-10, at best, this year.