Question For The Old-Timers

Doomsday101

Reaction score
With the ways the game has changed so dramatically, beginning decades ago with the "Bump & Run" rule, then moving on to free agency, Salary Cap and finally, hamstringing defenses, my question is this; How much do you enjoy today's game vs back in "The Day?"

Personally, although the modern players are bigger and faster, there's an attitude of check cashing and individualism that has eroded my enjoyment of the NFL. Even with the increased athleticism, I do not believe the game is as fierce and hard fought as it once was.

In answering this question, I'm not asking you to allow any of the political crap that has infected the league to enter in ... just the game on the field and how it's played ... and if you're a "Youngster", you really don't have anything to base your remarks on. ... So, help me out, Old Dudes ...

For me I feel lucky to have watched the NFL in what I call the glory days. I liked seeing a team built and kept together long term. Rivals were truly rivals now day the guy who you hated last year may be on your team the following year. I loved that players had more of a love of the game more so than just money, many guys back then not only played football many had jobs after the season they played because they loved the game that is not to begrudge todays players who make millions they deserve it but I just remember what Walt Garrison said when asked about his pay, saying his dad worked longer and harder days and here he is making bigger money to play a game.

Yes todays players are bigger and faster but the glory days of the NFL will always be something special to me