Question for those who saw entire game - Sam Williams observation

manster4ever

Reaction score
Agree that Williams isn't a good run defender right now, but as a pass rusher, he is doing stuff that is just abnormal for a 2nd round rook. His pass rush production per snap isn't far off from Parsons.

Someone in a different thread compared him to Frank Clark, and I really like it.

That was me. I live in Michigan and saw Clark play in college...his physical measurables are similar to Sam and they both play with an edge. I mean, they aren't pleasant fellows out there. They are Dawgs, and play like it. Can't win big in this league without multiple guys like them on your team because most every game is a GD street fight IMO.

cnuball21

Reaction score
yeah i saw the rest of your comments after replying. third play he fought off a block beautifully. I guess you qualified it as “against a backup” but my response was to you saying you’d never seen him do it

Correct. That’s the play I want to see more of. Great play, but as you mentioned it was against a backup who had PFF Grade of 30 which is basically just having a pulse out there.